So I was put on TDRL but I am so Confused!

joshxc89

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I was placed on TDRL and for the time being I will be receiving the Army retired pay until my VA pay kicks in. The rating they gave me was 80% VA when I was getting out, but now I have found out that is only the purposed ratings.?. So I have been on the phone and all I get is it could go up or lower 10%..... I a freaking out and I am barley hanging on to whatever I have left of my sanity. I can’t have it go any lower cause my Army career was ripped away from me and I hate myself everyday because of it.!. Just need something to go right for me for once in my life

I was placed on TDRL and for the time being I will be receiving the Army retired pay until my VA pay kicks in. The rating they gave me was 80% VA when I was getting out, but now I have found out that is only the purposed ratings.?. So I have been on the phone and all I get is it could go up or lower 10%..... I a freaking out and I am barley hanging on to whatever I have left of my sanity. I can’t have it go any lower cause my Army career was ripped away from me and I hate myself everyday because of it.!. Just need something to go right for me for once in my life
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

In retrospect, it would seem that you were previously referred and accepted into the DoD IDES MEB/PEB process while associated with military service; correct? Then, you received at least one PEB-referred "unfit for duty" medical condition finding which was deemed "permanent and unstable." Therefore, you were placed onto the DoD military TDRL upon completion of the DoD IDES.

While in the DoD IDES process, the DoVA D-RAS only issues VA proposed ratings for medical conditions which were determined to be military service connected. Upon becoming a military veteran after the departure from military service, the DoVA D-RAS shall re-evaluate the VA proposed ratings for any potential changes then issue VA official ratings. From my previous IDES experiences, the VA official ratings were received in less than 2.5 months after placement onto the DoD TDRL. Hopefully, that processing timeframe by the DoVA D-RAS has decreased at this particular point in time.

That all said, please try and continue to be patient; your VA official ratings decision letter from the DoVA D-RAS is definitely forthcoming for sure! Remember, it's a process and that process takes time to complete. But, you shall receive its rewards/benefits upon completion of the overall process. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Thank you, your comment really helped explain a lot for me.
Indeed, that's good news to read at this point; you are welcome! Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

I am glad the comment above from @Warrior644 helped you to understand. Life transitions are a little scary. Remember many have successfully transition and you can too! Best wishes. Mike