Some good news... and onto my next battle... helping my dad.

danieldresen

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
This week has taught me not to take things for granted. My repeated emails and gripes about the administration have finally gotten to the RIGHT places and now... OPM has completed my retirement packet so I should be getting that in 2 weeks, Social Security is working my appeal (if I dtron't get it... oh well, I will work part time somehow hopefully), and my dad has been a good help on several of my projects such as building a shed, building a patio, raised planters, and fixing my wife's car. It is now my job to return the favor. He was unaware of VA compensation so I have his claim filed. He was booted administratively for a heart murmur after his first enlistment and leaving ROTC. He served 8 years, 5 enlisted in the fleet, 2 in ROTC, and one in a reserve status. He was booted when they were trying to reactivate him. The problem is... limited records and we went through the national archives. We have a 214 and his discharge certificate but his 214 only covers the first 5 years, not his ROTC period. I have his contracts for it. Also... anyone know the Navy award regulation? I find it odd that he served 8 years as a PO2 but there were no awards mentioned in his... extremely limited record. Oh well, got my VA claim going again too for IU and sleep apnea as a secondary condition.​

Good to hear that you're finally getting some progress on things, I hope you can be as successful with your Dad's claim as well. Give 'em hell and then some...

This week has taught me not to take things for granted. My repeated emails and gripes about the administration have finally gotten to the RIGHT places and now... OPM has completed my retirement packet so I should be getting that in 2 weeks, Social Security is working my appeal (if I dtron't get it... oh well, I will work part time somehow hopefully), and my dad has been a good help on several of my projects such as building a shed, building a patio, raised planters, and fixing my wife's car. It is now my job to return the favor. He was unaware of VA compensation so I have his claim filed. He was booted administratively for a heart murmur after his first enlistment and leaving ROTC. He served 8 years, 5 enlisted in the fleet, 2 in ROTC, and one in a reserve status. He was booted when they were trying to reactivate him. The problem is... limited records and we went through the national archives. We have a 214 and his discharge certificate but his 214 only covers the first 5 years, not his ROTC period. I have his contracts for it. Also... anyone know the Navy award regulation? I find it odd that he served 8 years as a PO2 but there were no awards mentioned in his... extremely limited record. Oh well, got my VA claim going again too for IU and sleep apnea as a secondary condition.​

Indeed, congratulations, as my stance is to never default acceptance to any injustices; fight then continue to fight some more until receipt of the desired feasible expectations! ;)

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

I am at 75% of the desired expectation. Desired and possible can sometimes be worlds apart but... I think these next blood tests might be the smoking gun to 60% for crohn's and 100% or IU. Not to be too graphic but... peeing blood is never a good thing. I have a blood test Monday and may end up off 6MP.

I am at 75% of the desired expectation. Desired and possible can sometimes be worlds apart but... I think these next blood tests might be the smoking gun to 60% for crohn's and 100% or IU. Not to be too graphic but... peeing blood is never a good thing. I have a blood test Monday and may end up off 6MP.

Indeed, wow, I agree; please continue to get well! :(

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

No, unfortunately my blood clots too well. My brother got anemia from my mom's side. I have my dad's blood. Thick, good for donation, and good veins to stick. Now if this blood test shows anemia... I will put in a claim and have it secondary to Crohn's.

Daniel,

A little blood goes a long way in urine. I'm glad to hear your RBC is holding. Sometimes with constant leakage have trouble maintaining sufficient red blood cells.

Its awesome your helping you father. Happy Veteran's Day.

Yeah, but now I am bruising easily and when I sneeze my nose bleeds. Guess I will find out tomorrow because 6MP can cause anemia.