SSDI Continueing disability review question

kevinhg71

Registered Member
hi....I have a question and im going crazy right now. my mind will not stop thinking. I was approved for social security disability in 2010. I had a review in 2014 and was approved for another three years. I recieved another review letter earlier this month and am having problems and need advise. My first review they sent me to there doctor for a consultation. no problem easy peasy. this time they want me to have my pycologist or pychiatrist do the review. the problem is i have not been to a pychiatrist in over a year due to the expense. i cant afford it. I have however been seeing my normal doctor every month or so on time everytime. my question is will my general doctor fill out the disability questionaire? he isnt a pychologist. he does treat me for my issues witch are depression, anxiety, ocd, adhd and addiction. Im going crazy right now so if anyone has advise for me id sure love to hear from anyone whos been down this road before. if my disability gets stopped i will be homeless again and lose everything again. please help. thank you very much.

hi....I have a question and im going crazy right now. my mind will not stop thinking. I was approved for social security disability in 2010. I had a review in 2014 and was approved for another three years. I recieved another review letter earlier this month and am having problems and need advise. My first review they sent me to there doctor for a consultation. no problem easy peasy. this time they want me to have my pycologist or pychiatrist do the review. the problem is i have not been to a pychiatrist in over a year due to the expense. i cant afford it. I have however been seeing my normal doctor every month or so on time everytime. my question is will my general doctor fill out the disability questionaire? he isnt a pychologist. he does treat me for my issues witch are depression, anxiety, ocd, adhd and addiction. Im going crazy right now so if anyone has advise for me id sure love to hear from anyone whos been down this road before. if my disability gets stopped i will be homeless again and lose everything again. please help. thank you very much.
Where are you located? Most attorneys will not take on a client undergoing continuing disability review. However, there may be some free legal programs available to you as a veteran.

Also, complete the paperwork thoroughly and honestly. If they deem your doctor's opinion insufficient, they will tell you. Before they can reduce or terminate benefits, they must provide notice of an intent to stop payments because you no longer meet their definition as "disabled." That would provide time to find a psychologist to perform a review, or even have the SSA have an examiner perform the exam.

This is standard practice for continuing reviews. Try and calm down, but I understand that is easier said than done. You have options and time. Just take it one step at a time.

Like you, I am also going through my own review by the SSA. I expect to be found no longer disabled, but still structuring everything to maximize my options (I also sought out legal counsel and was provided great advice, but no attorney will take my case because it is a continuing disability review).

Why did both of you get further scrutiny? I was under the impression from reading a bunch on reviews that if you don't answer any questions wrong on the short or long forms such as answering yes to the question "has your condition improved?" Then it should be approved.

Why did both of you get further scrutiny? I was under the impression from reading a bunch on reviews that if you don't answer any questions wrong on the short or long forms such as answering yes to the question "has your condition improved?" Then it should be approved.
My first review they requested medical records and I complete the form. They continued me no questions asked. This is my second review, but I returned to graduate school and graduated between my last review and now. That is why I anticipate being found no longer disabled.