SSDI

lupusladi

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Well I am here to report some great news, I applied for SSDI for Systemic Lupus and Fibromyalgia on the 2 July 2014 for the third time and was initially denied at the first two stages. I hired an attorney and had my hearing on the 9th July 2015 and was fully approved with my disability awarded from August 2010 but retro pay 1 July 2013 and Medicare eligible 1 July 2015. I am so happy this has been a long journey getting here. Thanks to everyone for all the knowledge and the encouragement.

Lupusladi

Well I am here to report some great news, I applied for SSDI for Systemic Lupus and Fibromyalgia on the 2 July 2014 for the third time and was initially denied at the first two stages. I hired an attorney and had my hearing on the 9th July 2015 and was fully approved with my disability awarded from August 2010 but retro pay 1 July 2013 and Medicare eligible 1 July 2015. I am so happy this has been a long journey getting here. Thanks to everyone for all the knowledge and the encouragement.

Lupusladi

Congratulations, sometimes it pays to keep on fighting and in your case your case it sure did. If you don't mind me asking, what are the first tow stages? I filed on June 3rd and my case status says " processing medical portion". Thank you

Congratulations, sometimes it pays to keep on fighting and in your case your case it sure did. If you don't mind me asking, what are the first tow stages? I filed on June 3rd and my case status says " processing medical portion". Thank you

Hey Islandboy25,
There is the initial decision and the reconsideration

Congrats.
It always pays to stand your ground, and not let the system discriminate against you, or other SMs.

Lupusladi
Indeed, congratulations and now it's time to enjoy your SSA SSDI compensation benefits! :)

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

Congrats! Sorry it took so long. Can't wait to report similar success. So, your whole process took about a year?

Indeed, congratulations and now it's time to enjoy your SSA SSDI compensation benefits! :)

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!
Thank you!!

Congrats! Sorry it took so long. Can't wait to report similar success. So, your whole process took about a year?
Thank you and yes it did my ALJ hearing was expedited for my wounded warrior status

Thank you!!
Indeed, you are quite welcome! :cool:

Best Wishes!