Stopping an MEB

jshaffer3819

Registered Member
Greetings all. I was just looking at my MEDPROS and noticed that I am being referred for an MEB. That really scares me because I am a reservist with over 17 good years of service with 7 years of that being activated. MEDPROS says I am being referred due to a seizure I had 4 months ago but no issues since. I have taken all sorts of test and been seen by a neurologist. I have my final appointment with the Neurologist in a couple days and should get the all clear. If I get the all clear from the doc, can I submit this information to stop the MEB process? I am scared they will wrap this up before my 20 years and kick me out of the Army. I currently get 90% VA and I am aware you wont get both DoD and VA if you are kicked out with less than 20 years. Any information would be great. Thank you.

It's very important your command supports a fit finding or wants to retain you...do you have their support to stay in?

Thanks for the reply. I believe I would have their support. I just happened to stumble across the note in MEDPROS referring to the MEB. This is a surprise to me.

How do I document their support? Is it just an MFR from the CDR supporting me staying in the unit and continuing doing what I am doing? I have no issues in my current MOS. Thanks.

You need letters from them usually as high as O-5 or even O-6 but just get as much as you can I would get them from subordinates, peers, and leadership. The letters should just state that you are a valuable member of the team even though you have medical problems it does not prevent you from performing your duties satisfactory. Especially make sure the people who write your annual reviews support you. MFR will suffice.

10 years ago I had a heart attack (a widow maker). That, like a seizure, automatically generates a MEB. But I got my RTD. Some ailments automatically generated MEBs. They can't be stopped, but they can generate favorable results!

So work with your PCM and your command. My wing CC got involved, that helped tons!