TDRL re-eval

Joe Schmoe

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Good Afternoon,

Last month I had my re-evaluation for my PTSD which went from 50% to 70%, it is still being considered unstable and I will be reevaluated. Is there a way to find out when the reevaluation will be. Also, with this increase in percentage I was bumped from 90 to 100% over all, only the math only adds up to ~94 percent which doesnt push it to 100. I do see that it shows a SMC K. Any idea why they would put it as 100? Thanks in advance for any information.

Good Afternoon,

Last month I had my re-evaluation for my PTSD which went from 50% to 70%, it is still being considered unstable and I will be reevaluated. Is there a way to find out when the reevaluation will be. Also, with this increase in percentage I was bumped from 90 to 100% over all, only the math only adds up to ~94 percent which doesnt push it to 100. I do see that it shows a SMC K. Any idea why they would put it as 100? Thanks in advance for any information.
In short, if your PTSD PEB unfit for duty medical condition is still considered "permanent and unstable" at this particular point in time after the DoD military TDRL re-evaluation, you will be contacted by your military department's TDRL PEB section via their appropriate PEB documentation for official notification with continued placement onto the DoD TDRL.

In retrospect, the purpose behind SMC-K is to compensate a veteran who have military service connected disabilities involving the anatomical loss or loss of use of certain body parts or when there is impairment of certain senses. Moreover, DoVA regulations state that entitlement of SMC must be treated as an inferred issue by the DoVA decision makers. As such, this means that entitlement to SMC must be considered when DoVA rating activities are being conducted in all decisions as long as there is medical evidence showing possible entitlement. The evidence doesn't have to prove entitlement, it just has to prove that there might be entitlement. Also, the issue of entitlement to SMC-K doesn't have to be raised by the veteran filing a DoVA disability claim on a specific form. Because it is an inferred issue, the DoVA rating agency is supposed to consider it automatically if there is evidence in the veteran's file supporting a finding of SMC entitlement.

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Good Afternoon,

This is just from the VA, right? Your explanation of the facts does not make sense from at TDRL point of view.

This was just from the VA. I have not seen any paperwork yet from the DoD. I was put on TDRL specifically for my PTSD, no other condition. This, to my understanding, was my review of that issue to see if I was to be taken off TDRL and put on PDRL. I am unfamiliar with this process. So I may not understand whats going on. Thanks for the info guys.

Good Morning,

I have not received any mail from the DoD in regards to my remaining on TDRL after this Re-evaluation that took place last month. Am I suppose to receive correspondence from them stating that I will remain on TDRL and that I will receive another re-evaluation. The only thing that said that so far was the correspondence from the V.A. with the results and the increase from 90 to 100. Thanks.

Good Morning,

I have not received any mail from the DoD in regards to my remaining on TDRL after this Re-evaluation that took place last month. Am I suppose to receive correspondence from them stating that I will remain on TDRL and that I will receive another re-evaluation. The only thing that said that so far was the correspondence from the V.A. with the results and the increase from 90 to 100. Thanks.
Hmm, when were you officially placed onto the DoD military TDRL?

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"
Best Wishes!

February of last year is when I medically retired. I assume its the same date? I dont have my paperwork with me at the moment.

February of last year is when I medically retired. I assume its the same date? I dont have my paperwork with me at the moment.
Okay, no worries; let's assume sometime in the February 2017 timeframe for official placement onto the DoD TDRL. As such, this means that you now fall under the revised three year maximum time limit duration to be on TDRL.

In retrospect, you can expect to have your initial DoD TDRL re-evaluation anytime between six months to 18 months, up to two years after official placement onto the TDRL. Hmm, you are fast approaching the one year mark, so I would highly suggest that you contact your military department's TDRL office for a TDRL re-evaluation status update. Take care!

Best Wishes!