Thyroid Cancer

jellis23

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
My wife was diagnosed with a papillary carcinoma of the thyroid late febuary, no family history. In july she had a total thyroidectomy to be rid of the cancer and has since recovered but for the rest of her life she will be dependant on a synthetic thryoid medication. She just started the med board process, has anyone else gone through this and what all were you rated for? Also if you have a condition that makes you gain weight can you request to have surgery to have it removed?

I had papillary thyroid cancer with total thyroidectomy in 2010. I was rated 10% VA and fit for duty by the Army.

how many years does your wife have in the service?

I had papillary thyroid cancer with total thyroidectomy in 2010. I was rated 10% VA and fit for duty by the Army.
I thought as much, someone told her cancer means 80 percent automatically but I haven't seen anything saying anything close to that

My wife was diagnosed with a papillary carcinoma of the thyroid late febuary, no family history. In july she had a total thyroidectomy to be rid of the cancer and has since recovered but for the rest of her life she will be dependant on a synthetic thryoid medication. She just started the med board process, has anyone else gone through this and what all were you rated for? Also if you have a condition that makes you gain weight can you request to have surgery to have it removed?
Hi there. I have been in the Airforce for 10 years and I had thyroid cancer and thyroidectomy 2 years ago. I was returned to duty aftwr 2 annual rilos with assignment limitations. since then my tsh levels have been normal however, I still have pretty much every symptom of hypothyroidism now getting boarded for Fatigue and chronic hip pain. Any news on your wife's case?

Thank you! We haven't heard anything so far but shes having hypothyroid like conditions. Shes still gaining weight and cant pass tapes. Since she cant pass tapes she cant go to school or promote. They wont let her have lipo or put her on a higher dose to help her lose the weight so basically the air force is saying sorry not sorry were not going to do anything to keep you in...