Timeline and have a lot of questions. Help please!

ao0589

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I've followed the site for a while now but this is the first time I have ever posted. I figured I would post my personal timeline plus I need some advice, so here it goes...

Feb. 2012- After 8 surgeries in a year and many calls from CC/First Shirt/Flight Chief etc. I was notified that I would start the MEB process.
Mar. 2012- Met with MEB office to go over everything, was told I would get a call or e-mail to be scheduled to meet with PCM.
Mar. 2012- Had to switch PCM's due to the fact mine was not helpful, gave me ultimatums, a few other reasons.
May 2012- Called MEB office because I was never contacted about a date to meet with PCM. Seemed pretty clueless, and recieved a call that week to set up a date. (Probably because of my PCM switch). Met with PCM and went over everything for a narrative.
June 2012- Was notified I would be undergoing a full MEB. (For L. shoulder chronic pain, limited ROM, etc. after multiple surgeries, DDD,endometriosis/pcos after multiple surgeries... I dont have my paperwork in front of me so I cannot remember what all was on there)
July 2012- Met with VA rep and went over all medical records for claimable items (I think it was 11 items from what I remeber)
Aug. 2012- C&P exams.
Aug. 2012- Reviewed exams, signed paperwork, told my package would go to local board before going to AFPC, etc.
Sep. 2012- Middle of September was informed my package was sent to AFPC.

Since then, I waited until about the middle of OCtober before calling & e-mailing to see if my package had been checked in and to get update...no updates. So I took advice from a couple of psots I have seen and checked in about every other week and hope I get ahold of my PEBLO, which sometimes happens and sometimes not. I still have no information about my package, I do not know if it is at AFPC, if it has been sent to the VA or what. All i get for answers is, "we will call or e-mail you". Half of the time it has taken me calling for updates, in the past, to accomplish these things.

What I am wondering is how long after a package is sent to AFPC is there a fit/unfit decision ( from what I have been seing/reading/hearing from other people is usually 30+/- days for a fit/unfit and it to be sent to the VA). My e-benefits status hasn't changed since July/August so I am not even sure if it has made it to the VA at all.

Thank you everyone!:)

After my NARSOM was sent up, it took me about 14 days to receive my unfit letter. Don't worry so much about the e-benefits. I was told that more matters when you become a veteran. Hope it helps and somebody can correct me if I am wrong. Hope everything works out my friend.

It has been 2 months maybe a little bit more since mine was sent up and haven't heard anything about a fit or unfit decision. I contact my PEBLO pretty regularly and the typical response is.."nothing, will e-mail you eventually."

If it has been 2 months, that's way too long for the initial fit/unfit decision. You can call the VA and ask what the status of your claim is. If they have it, you will know that your packet already flowed through the PEB. At this point you can go back to your PEBLO and ask him politely to get you the memo. If he won't do it, contact the PEB that is handling your claim.

Thank you! I think I am going to call them by the end of this week and see if they have anything. I know my e-benefits hasn't changed but have also heard that isn't always reliable. I have tried being polite but I get the same response from my PEBLO. I have a hard time biting my tongue and my mouth getting me in trouble so this whole process has been a test.

Also, I know this is probably going to sound like an extremely dumb question as soon as I ask but how do I figure out the PEB that is handling my claim?

Your PEBLO knows what PEB he sent it to.

i finally got ahold of her, she said its been at VA since 09Nov