Timeline confused

Fusedfrom4-1

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello all,
I just received a message on MOL saying “your medical board case has been referred to the PEB for action.” Anyone have any idea on what’s next? This is the first message I have received on MOL. Thanks!
R/s
Fused

Just confused because, I have not even spoken with the MSC yet, so how is it referred to PEB without the MEB even doing anything?

All it means is that your case is moving towards a PEB. You'll meet with an MSC list all conditions that you want the VA to check out. They'll schedule appointments for you, you'll wait on your NARSUM and NMA to be completed then once all that is done it will be forwarded up to the PEB. If you look at the IDES timeline you're still in the MEB phase and once your package is sent to the PEB you'll have moved on to that stage.

Hope that helps! I literally just went through all of that in November.

January 24th - Package sent to PEB.
February 2nd - MOL Notification "PEB CASE ACCEPTED"
February 8th - Package sent to VA. MSC Confirmed package is at VA. Found UNFIT
February 15th - eBenefits now shows claim, in "Review of Evidence" stage
February 26th - eBenefits changed to “Preparing for Decision” then “Pending Decision Approval” on same day
February 28th - eBenefits updated. Claim has gone historical. MSC said package has been sent back to PEB.

I'm waiting for my claim to have been historical for ten days then I'm going to get my proposed ratings faxed over by the VA. I called the PEB the 3rd of March just to get a rough estimate and the Chief on the other line told me 25-30 days before it's back at my PEBLO.