TIMELINE: MEB THROUGH PEB

The question on most of our minds is this:

How long is it all going to take?

This is an attempt to answer that question, but it's going to take all of us to do it. The idea is to give a very detailed account of the timeline of each person's case. It's one thing to say "in February I was tumpy tumpy" but there's a world of difference and two pay periods between the beginning of the month and end of it.

Somwhere there's the theory if the sample population (ours here) is large enough, it comes to represent the whole (all military members going through this). If there are enough people who take notes and are good at remembering dates, or do like I do and keep a monthly planner you can keep notes in, then it would go a long way to easing others' minds about how long they should really expect things to take.

I want to thank you all for participating!

-Guy

Joe Spado Timeline:

4 Nov 11 - Diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis

12 Jan 12 - MEB Initiated

25 Jan 12 - Had a voice conversation with VA rep to start my paperwork on that side of the house for the new pilot program

2 Feb 12 - Physical

25 Mar 12 - NARSUM Complete. Went up and signed a few days later.

4 Apr 12 - NARSUM finished up with all the "official" signatures and forwarded to PEB

25 Apr 12 - PEB received MEB Packet

From this point on I am in something called "vote 1." I will update once I get more info.

This is an attempt to answer that question, but it's going to take all of us to do it. The idea is to give a very detailed account of the timeline of each person's case. It's one thing to say "in February I was tumpy tumpy" but there's a world of difference and two pay periods between the beginning of the month and end of it.

Somwhere there's the theory if the sample population (ours here) is large enough, it comes to represent the whole (all military members going through this). If there are enough people who take notes and are good at remembering dates, or do like I do and keep a monthly planner you can keep notes in, then it would go a long way to easing others' minds about how long they should really expect things to take.

-Guy

AF Reserve Briefing i found online from Mar 2012, Pretty acurate information.

Attachments

• 03 Disability Eval System (Col Holcombe).pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 53
Diagnosed with Sleep Apnea, Major Depressive Disorder, Anziety disorder, Seperated Bicept, Seperated A/C joint same arm(too old to fix?, RLS, Hiatial Hernia, Gerd, Pinched nerve in Hip(Calf Numb all the time) Damaged discs with arthritis, Neck and Lumbar, claw toes and cant move toes rt foot. few more items. 28 + yrs of abuse will do that to ya..
July 10,2011, Coded for MEB
Sep 16, 2011 Initial Brief Legacy System.
Oct ? stop process to start IDES Program
24 Jan 12 ,Finnaly IDES Brief
2 Feb 12 Pkg Sent to VA
26 Feb-7 Mar Va Appts WASH DC.
18 Apr Finally submitted MEB to IPEB.
Hurry up and wait.

Diagnosed with Sleep Apnea, Major Depressive Disorder, Anziety disorder, Seperated Bicept, Seperated A/C joint same arm(too old to fix?, RLS, Hiatial Hernia, Gerd, Pinched nerve in Hip(Calf Numb all the time) Damaged discs with arthritis, Neck and Lumbar, claw toes and cant move toes rt foot. few more items. 28 + yrs of abuse will do that to ya..
July 10,2011, Coded for MEB
Sep 16, 2011 Initial Brief Legacy System.
Oct ? stop process to start IDES Program
24 Jan 12 ,Finnaly IDES Brief
2 Feb 12 Pkg Sent to VA
26 Feb-7 Mar Va Appts WASH DC.
16 Mar 12 VAMC sent report to VA regional office
18 Apr Finally submitted MEB to IPEB.
VA Shows Review of evidence from 18 Mar
Hurry up and wait.

Ihave a question , i have seen posted here a term that is VA ISIS . i would like to know if anybody here knows what this is in reference to . I am hoping that it is a meb information site . This whole process stinks . I think the IDES is making it worse . Where can one get a job as a PEBLO ,wonder how much one gets paid for knowing nothing except for whats on a screen .

Most of you have been very fortinate. My medical board was started one year ten days ago. I do have some hope after seeing my clain compeation date of 10 Jul. I hope to hear something soon, my unit treats people being med boarded like criminals.

well here it goes!

FALL 2010 extreme shin pain
Oct 2010 deploy to afghanistan
OCT 2011 return from Afghanistan still horrible pain but completed mission
Dec 2011 MRI and Bone Scans and Compartment Readings
JAN 2012 diagnosed with Compartment syndrome Bi-Lateral shins and Shin splints.
FEB 8th MEB Initiated
FEB 20th MAR 11th All VA appointments and Physicals
2 months of waiting on commanders letter... he is a real POS thinks he is a Doctor and was refusing to complete it.
JUN 2nd I started a congressional investigation for Neglect
JUN 5th CO letter finished
JUN 20th Narsum complete and sent.
AUG 3rd unfit returned
SEPT3rd Peblo called and i got my percentages, sign the 199 tomorrow

thats still quick my cmdr is a pain. Hope she does my letter in a timely manner, I thought they had a time ling to follow for that.

It sounds like your case is momving as fast as mine!! Good or Bad?

Its been 10 days now and no letter. Lol you got your in 9 days but it is been pretty smooth, so can't complain.

It sounds like your case is momving as fast as mine!! Good or Bad?
Did you have to call to make the MEB Physician Initial Meeting or did they call you?

-Guy
Guy, Have you or anyone else received the answer I did last week to check on my status:

"Everything is so backed up right now, end of the Fiscal Year, all Soldiers in the PEB process waiting for final ratings should plan to add 60 days onto their original estimated date of discharge"

Most of you have been very fortinate. My medical board was started one year ten days ago. I do have some hope after seeing my clain compeation date of 10 Jul. I hope to hear something soon, my unit treats people being med boarded like criminals.
Criminal is an understatement. I don't think the proper words for it are appropriate on here... I have been treated like the worst Soldier in the world from the day I mentioned I was recommended for MEB. Before that I was a stellar Soldier.

I have a question...
I was suppose to SELCON out from Active to the Reserves then they discovered several unfitting conditions. So now my file is in the MEB office but no MEB letter yet and I just hit my 180 day window to my ETS date. So any wagers on being able to get the MEB letter with enough time to request a modification of orders to allow for completion of the MEB/PEB? I kinda need a Fit/Unfit determination since I'm required by the SELCON to go into the Reserves and I'll still have to be deployable and fit for duty.

BUILTGYPSY'S TIMELINE

October 9, 2007: First LIMDU period starts. Went to Ortho, told my doctors my command wanted me on LIMDU, they filled out the paperwork and I submitted it to the MEB office.
Original LIMDU end date: 09 April 2008

January 4, 2008 (87 Days Later): First Occupational Therapy appointment. Therapist said it could be up to 18 months before I regain the full use of my hand, or as much as I'll ever get back.

January 22, 2008 (18 Days Later): Follow-up with Ortho Hand. Relayed therapist's message. Doctor said next month he would write an extension for a second LIMDU period.

February 25, 2008 (34 Days Later): Follow up with Ortho Knee. Discussed Ortho Hand's recommendation for second LIMDU. They wrote up the paperwork for the second LIMDU.

February 26, 2008 (1 Day Later): Follow up with Ortho Hand. Showed him the paperwork from Ortho Knee. He signed it. Took it over to MEB office, they started the second LIMDU backdated to 25 February 2008, the date of the LIMDU extension in the paper.
Second LIMDU end date: 25 August 2008

March 11, 2008 (14 Days Later): Sent off a copy of electronic medical records to my civilian legal counsel. This is just to give an idea of how early in the process I wanted to begin putting together the case for the PEB.

June 19th, 2008 (100 Days Later):
Finally told MEB would be started. Waiting for e-mail of dictation number to become collecting an addendum from each other doctor that I've seen.

July 1st, 2008 (11 Days Later):
Met with case manager to start putting together MEB packet.

July 8th, 2008 (7 Days Later):
Read NARSUM, signed Notice to submit rebuttal to NARSUM. Also attended DTAP.

July 10th, 2008 (2 Days Later):
Completed MEB physical.

July 15th, 2008 (5 Days Later):
Submitted rebuttal to NARSUM.

August 5th, 2008 (21 Days Later):
MEB Packet sent out.

September 17th, 2008 (43 Days Later): IPEB results come in: unfit with 20%.

October 2nd, 2008 (15 Days Later):
Received formal board date of 18 November.

November 14th, 2008 (43 Days Later): Received 40% TDRL rating from the formal board two days before I was supposed to fly out.

February 4th, 2009 (82 Days Later): Received retirement orders and signed copies of DD214 to be sent out to various officials.

Total Time to Date: 483 Days, or 1 Year And Almost 4 Months

When new events pop up, I will edit this post to include them. Stay tuned! :)
Wow, my LOD Module has been Dormant for over 3 years now and It took my phone call to get things rolling!

My packet has been sent to the PEB as of today. Any ideas what time frame I have only one unfitting condition. I am National Guard by the way.

Justtryme...I received my ME unfit decision on May 7 2015 .Signed and concur with the findings on May 8 2015..I haven't received anything as of today June 5 2015 from IPEB. I am also a national guardmen.