Timeline Question (VA Preliminary Ratings And Onwards)

PEBMember2017

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I have a few questions about case timelines:

1.) How long is it taking for VA rating percentages to get back to the PEB? (I'm East Coast so I believe we are using Washington). The goal is 15, the current timelines I'm being told are 21-30 days, but I've heard more, I've heard less. Just want to know experiences of those here at this specific stage. Also, is there a POC for any detailed information on what's going on in this phase (VA or PEB) other than the PEBLO to contact if it is feared the package has been lost, I.e if the case is taking too long too process?

2.) How long is it taking for the PEB to then get the case to your PEBLO for signing? The published goal date here I believe is 15 days.

3.) Is it true the member chooses a new EAOS based on number of days they have left for leave? For example, if I have 25 days of leave, am I able to choose a date 30 days out? How long does it take receive orders?

4.) I've seen posts with interesting details on where the PEB was at currently with cases and was wondering where those details came from and if it's appropriate to contact someone on the PEB side if a member has been in the process for several months.

If these questions have been answered, links to the posts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

Here is my timeline which will be the answer to 1,2 but 3 and 4.. I did not get told anything about that so maybe its just something from a different branch.

IDES Snapshot.JPG

First, I feel your frustration and confusion. I'm in the same boat. I'm Navy as well. My package was submitted around the same time to the Va as yours and have still yet to hear anything from them. I'm on day 22. From the time the Va gives it back to the PEB it could take up to another 30-45 days for them. Sometimes faster. During that time, you might get prelim ratings from your MSC.

Orders are normally given within a week or two after signing your paperwork from the Peb. They will have a separation date within 30-90 days. Let's just say you got orders today and you had 25 days of leave, then you would start terminal in 5 days. Make sure you have Taps completed and have started to work on things for outprocesing to make it faster.

From what I was told by the attorney today is that some people are getting back from the 30-50 day mark. Par for the course lol

Also, it depends how many claims you have. I had 28... sooo. It should be first come, first serve but I'm guessing that isn't the case. Keep us up to date and hopefully others chime in. Thanks @trueblue11b for the info

Also, it depends how many claims you have. I had 28... sooo. It should be first come, first serve but I'm guessing that isn't the case. Keep us up to date and hopefully others chime in. Thanks @trueblue11b for the info

I've got around 10. Thanks for the input and best of luck to you.

Here is my timeline which will be the answer to 1,2 but 3 and 4.. I did not get told anything about that so maybe its just something from a different branch.

View attachment 2306

Your VA Ratings and PEB findings came back enviously quick. I'll keep you all posted. Do you mind sharing what your in IDES for?

First, I feel your frustration and confusion. I'm in the same boat. I'm Navy as well. My package was submitted around the same time to the Va as yours and have still yet to hear anything from them. I'm on day 22. From the time the Va gives it back to the PEB it could take up to another 30-45 days for them. Sometimes faster. During that time, you might get prelim ratings from your MSC.

Orders are normally given within a week or two after signing your paperwork from the Peb. They will have a separation date within 30-90 days. Let's just say you got orders today and you had 25 days of leave, then you would start terminal in 5 days. Make sure you have Taps completed and have started to work on things for outprocesing to make it faster.

Can you explain how would preliminary ratings come back from MSC?

I was med boarded for PTSD. The MSC is the direct link between the VA and the IDES process so he or she has access to all of that information.

The other frustrating aspect is the system shows my PEBLO Unfit but nothing else, so I have no idea what conditions the DOD will even be getting ratings for. They need to do a better job streamlining this.