Timeline (thus far)

Hi Keebs. I was told my eligibility was confirmed and they are compiling all of my PDBR records and military records and that they will send me a notification letter and then the PDBR will make a recommendation. So does the PDBR have the final say so?
Hi Stewy, first of all, much luck to you! It is a looooong process so be patient and just forget about it for at least the next year! And to answer your question, no, the branch has the final say so not the the PDBR. But the branches take the recommendation of the board more than 90% of the time.

Hi Stewy, first of all, much luck to you! It is a looooong process so be patient and just forget about it for at least the next year! And to answer your question, no, the branch has the final say so not the the PDBR. But the branches take the recommendation of the board more than 90% of the time.
Lol, yes I will give it attention again this time next year thank you!

Hello Keebs. I need help on what to send or compiling to PDBR board review? I have my medical board result showing 10% service connected disability from the Army and DD 214. What form do I need to submit and do you have the address where to send it? Your help and advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks

v/r
Edna

Hello!

So here is the timeline I have experienced so far. I will update the further along we move in the process. And I will also post threads about some of the processes to give y'all a heads up.

Applied -05/13/14
Record collection completed- 10/01/14
Sent for Adjudication- 01/12/15
Adjudicated- 06/11/15
Final Approval and sent to branch of service- 11/18/15
Branch signed off- 02/22/16
Orders signed- 06/02/16
DFAS receipt- 06/22/16
Retirement statement from DFAS received- 9/9/16
Deposit date for backpay- 9/22/16
Received backpay- 9/22/16
Human Resources Command updated to show PDRL- 9/28/16
HI KEEBS I HAVE A QUISTION?

IM IN OVERSEAS AND I receive VA 90 PER. IM OUT IN ARMY SINCE 2014 I DONT GET ANYTHING IN ARMY JUST DID 8YEARS IN ARMY 2 DEPLOYMENT CAN I FILE A PDBR?I CALL THE HR IN FORT KNOX TRY TO FILE A CRSC BUT THEY TOLD ME ITS ONLY FOR MED BOARD.THANK YOU

I have 90 per on VA & IU its totally 100per I'm trying to get the tricare & retirement thank you so much

You aren't eligible for the PDBR because you hVe to be discharged between 2001 and 2009. You were discharged too late unfortunately. You can look into the BCMR and ARBA and see if those might be an option for you!

You aren't eligible for the PDBR because you hVe to be discharged between 2001 and 2009. You were discharged too late unfortunately. You can look into the BCMR and ARBA and see if those might be an option for you!
THANK YOU SO MUCH WHAT BCMR AND ARBA?

I received my backpay today!
Ive read some things saying they will only back pay you up to 6 years? do you know if thats correct? Ive been discharged for 12 years now. 12 years of retirement backpay would be a huge chunk of change. I am also 100% rated by the VA though so Im still confused at how all that will work out.

They back pay you back to your retirement date. As far as back pay, any back pay you would be due would be subtracted from the VA pay you received for the same time frame.

If you do receive retirement it will not affect your VA rating or your VA pay.

They back pay you back to your retirement date. As far as back pay, any back pay you would be due would be subtracted from the VA pay you received for the same time frame.

If you do receive retirement it will not affect your VA rating or your VA pay.

Hello... You have so much information on this subject... Do you have an email so that I could ask you a few questions... Thank you

hi had a questin my case just got its final signature and sent to dda pdbr said that they have 45 days to make a decision and 10 days to inform me of that desision was just wondering yall experience on how long it takes from this point. also i am 120 percent threw va and paid at 90 but rated unemployable so i get paid 100 percent threw va plus social security when i got out of the army they only gave me 20 percent which was severence pay that i had to pay back to va so ya with yalls experience do u think they will increase me to at least retirement 30 percent and ive read u can collect both retirement and va in some cases is this correct thanks in advance.

this is whast i was referring to on receiving va and army retirement any info would be greatly appreciated.

What Happens When You Are Eligible to Receive Retirement Pay & Disability Compensation?
To best answer this question, we need to examine your disability rating. If you have a combined disability rating of 50% or greater, you should be eligible to receive Concurrent Retirement Disability Pay (CRDP). If you receive CRDP, you will receive your full military retirement pay along with your full VA disability compensation. There will be no reduction to your military retirement pay.

this is whast i was referring to on receiving va and army retirement any info would be greatly appreciated.

What Happens When You Are Eligible to Receive Retirement Pay & Disability Compensation?
To best answer this question, we need to examine your disability rating. If you have a combined disability rating of 50% or greater, you should be eligible to receive Concurrent Retirement Disability Pay (CRDP). If you receive CRDP, you will receive your full military retirement pay along with your full VA disability compensation. There will be no reduction to your military retirement pay.
From the little info available, I suspect you are not eligible for CRDP.

You must be eligible for retired pay to qualify for CRDP. If you were placed on a disability retirement, but would be eligible for military retired pay in the absence of the disability, you may be entitled to receive CRDP.

Under these rules, you may be entitled to CRDP if…
  • you are a regular retiree with a VA disability rating of 50 percent or greater.
  • you are a reserve retiree with 20 qualifying years of service, who has a VA disability rating of 50 percent or greater and who has reached retirement age. (In most cases the retirement age for reservists is 60, but certain reserve retirees may be eligible before they turn 60. If you are a member of the Ready Reserve, your retirement age can be reduced below age 60 by three months for each 90 days of active service you have performed during a fiscal year.)
  • you are retired under Temporary Early Retirement Act (TERA) and have a VA disability rating of 50 percent or greater.
  • you are a disability retiree who earned entitlement to retired pay under any provision of law other than solely by disability [such as TERA or Reserve or Regular retirement], and you have a VA disability rating of 50 percent or greater. You might become eligible for CRDP at the time you would have become eligible for retired pay.

i only got 20 percent from the army but my combined va rating is 120 they pay me at 90 percent but rated me unemployable so i get 100 percent threw va and i also receive social security my questin is if the army increases me to 30 would i qualify for crdp. also my case just got sent to dda pdbr said dda has 45 days to make a decision and 10days to notify me of that decision is this an accurate timeline. also no one will tell me what they r recommending at all is there anyway i can find out thanks in advance.

Let me put it this way:

If you do not qualify for
—regular retirement
or
—TERA retirement
or
—reserve/NG retirement, including age requirement

Then, you do not qualify for CRDP per current law. The info you provided shows you do not qualify.

yes i understand that but if dda did increase me to 30 percent would that not be considered regular retirement from army at that point.

Last edited: