...Tis The Season-It's Almost 2014 And I'm Still Screwed With CRDP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bootz

Registered Member
I can't believe this! I meet all the requirements for getting V.A. disability pay and CRDP pay concurrently "except" I didn't do 20 years of service. Well, Mr. Government I would have if I hadn't gotten busted up doing my job in the military for eight years of active service. And, I see that I kept my end of the contract to the best of my abilities-but our good ol' government did not. So, I guess it is not worth it to want to serve your country-even give your life, because if you don't do 20 years-regardless of the circumstances, then when you get hurt, you get screwed over by our good ol' government and the military.

Those of you ladies and gentlemen who got busted up or made crazy while trying to perform your military duties, and served less than 20 years of service-well, guess what, our good ol' government has blatantly informed us that our service does not count to them by screwing us over on the CRDP-although it is the military's fault that we have all been retired medically with permanent disabilities that we get to suffer from our entire lives-hurray!

Oh, they brag about how wealthy America is, and they alway seem to have money to support everything else-yet, they don't have the money to support us-even after we served our country for them! Instead, we are made to feel like dirt, and ashamed of what the military did to us.

Well, I'm not going to feel ashamed-and none of you should either. Instead, we must fight until we all get justice! Write your state congressmen and senators until all of their offices are flooded with mail. And, write the president of the United States until his office is flooded with mail. Go to the news medias, etc. But, fight ladies and gentlemen-fight! The military says that all soldiers work as a unit whole-well then-we all should be getting military retirement pay along with disability pay if the military retired us-regardless of how many years we did, because we are all retirees! So, fight, and fight with your heads held high!

I can't believe this! I meet all the requirements for getting V.A. disability pay and CRDP pay concurrently "except" I didn't do 20 years of service. Well, Mr. Government I would have if I hadn't gotten busted up doing my job in the military for eight years of active service. And, I see that I kept my end of the contract to the best of my abilities-but our good ol' government did not. So, I guess it is not worth it to want to serve your country-even give your life, because if you don't do 20 years-regardless of the circumstances, then when you get hurt, you get screwed over by our good ol' government and the military.

Those of you ladies and gentlemen who got busted up or made crazy while trying to perform your military duties, and served less than 20 years of service-well, guess what, our good ol' government has blatantly informed us that our service does not count to them by screwing us over on the CRDP-although it is the military's fault that we have all been retired medically with permanent disabilities that we get to suffer from our entire lives-hurray!

Oh, they brag about how wealthy America is, and they alway seem to have money to support everything else-yet, they don't have the money to support us-even after we served our country for them! Instead, we are made to feel like dirt, and ashamed of what the military did to us.

Well, I'm not going to feel ashamed-and none of you should either. Instead, we must fight until we all get justice! Write your state congressmen and senators until all of their offices are flooded with mail. And, write the president of the United States until his office is flooded with mail. Go to the news medias, etc. But, fight ladies and gentlemen-fight! The military says that all soldiers work as a unit whole-well then-we all should be getting military retirement pay along with disability pay if the military retired us-regardless of how many years we did, because we are all retirees! So, fight, and fight with your heads held high!

The key element of CDRP is that you must be eligible for a regular retirement (20 years) or TERA and have a 50% or more VA disability rating.

If you are reserves, you must have a 20Y letter, you are legible once you reach the reserve retirement age.

Do you not qualify for CRSC?

It may be me, but this sense of entitlement and unparalleled ego seems like a joke...Seriously, I would not be suprised if this post turned out to be someone trolling (trying to stir people up on the internet).

If it is not... then, My friend, we have very different views on life and very different ideas on how to get through life. If that is the case, then check out CSRC, if the injuries were deemed combat related/incurred in a combat zone.

Take a look at your ratings, and go through them with a fine comb, ensure that everything was done FAIRLY, and according to the rules that the VA has set forth. More often than not, there are errors in the VA's awards. By the nature of a government entity giving money out, the errors are typically undercutting/not rating ratable conditions. However, there are situations that the VA is wrong, and it benefits you. (I remember someone from a while back that got rated for migraines but never claimed them). Use judgement and that moral compass that should have came standard issue in all aspects.

God Speed.

I think his main point is that the US government has chosen yet again to pass laws/budgets that allow;
Illegal immigrants to get tax refunds not entitled to
allowed massive expansions to welfare benefits
Expanded access to medicaid/care
Is supplementing peoples insurance via robbing the working class
Spent billions in bailing out homeowners/banks/car manufacturers/"green energy" companies/the oil and gas industry/big agriculture companies etc.

While at the same time
robbing veterans benefits
not passing the concurrent receipt admendmant to the NDAA
reduced authorized overtime for VA rating officials to catch up on a multi-year backlog of claims

and that the only way to fix this issues is via a huge and I mean HUGE grassroots campaign for veteran's rights.

This thread is going to head to "off topic", or the trash can if it turns into a political back and forth. There are tons of places on the internet where people can sling mud back and forth. This site is not one of them. The mission here is to help people with this process. The end!

Joe

It may be me, but this sense of entitlement and unparalleled ego seems like a joke...Seriously, I would not be suprised if this post turned out to be someone trolling (trying to stir people up on the internet).

If it is not... then, My friend, we have very different views on life and very different ideas on how to get through life. If that is the case, then check out CSRC, if the injuries were deemed combat related/incurred in a combat zone.

Take a look at your ratings, and go through them with a fine comb, ensure that everything was done FAIRLY, and according to the rules that the VA has set forth. More often than not, there are errors in the VA's awards. By the nature of a government entity giving money out, the errors are typically undercutting/not rating ratable conditions. However, there are situations that the VA is wrong, and it benefits you. (I remember someone from a while back that got rated for migraines but never claimed them). Use judgement and that moral compass that should have came standard issue in all aspects.

God Speed.
I was medically retired by the military for a sevice connected disability. Therefore, I am a retiree just like every other retiree. And, if I can't get my military retirement pension along with my V.A. pension like everyone else, then they shouldn't either. It was the military who made me disabled, so they should pay just like they state in the contract I signed when I joined. And, I was a career soldier, not a phuck up, and I was hurt while doing my job, therefore, they have an obligation to pay me since they deemed me not fit for duty, and retired me. It use to be that even soldiers who did 20 years or got hurt in combat couldn't get both retirement pay and V.A. pay either, and a lot of them didn't do 20 years either-hell, some of them didn't even do as many years as I did-yet they are getting both and their wounds or mental disorders are no worse than mine are or anyone else who wasnn't in combat, but they are getting both. And, us non-combat or 20 year veterans are also having to fight more just to get proper help at V.A. facilities, because now they even seem to think that because we were not hurt in combat, that we don't deserve proper treatment too. Your post is a blatant example of the mindset of those in our government who seem to think that it is o.k. to just screw us over, and not give us what we deserve. I will fight until justice is done-regardless of what you say, because you are wrong!

The key element of CDRP is that you must be eligible for a regular retirement (20 years) or TERA and have a 50% or more VA disability rating.

If you are reserves, you must have a 20Y letter, you are legible once you reach the reserve retirement age.

I know what the key elements of CDRP are, and like I've already said CDRP is a screw job for those of us who were injuried in the military but didn't do 20 years. If I phucked up your leg with my car, should I get off and not have to pay you for damages done, if I don't have insurance to pay for the damage I've done, or if my insurance states some nonsense like "well if the injured person was walking at 9:00 a.m. in the morning instead of 2:00 p.m. in the afternoon, well the driver who phucked him up doesn't have to pay, because he wasn't walking at the correct time." Well, the unjust requirement of having to have had 20 years of service in order to receive both V.A. and Retirement pay is the same type of circumstance-especially after the military promised that they would take care of you if you were hurt while in the military. CDRP requirements are unjust for a large portion of military retirees-regardless if they saw combat or not. I'm military retired in every sense of the word-regardless if I did 20 years or not, and I want justice!

I know what the key elements of CDRP are, and like I've already said CDRP is a screw job for those of us who were injuried in the military but didn't do 20 years. If I phucked up your leg with my car, should I get off and not have to pay you for damages done, if I don't have insurance to pay for the damage I've done, or if my insurance states some nonsense like "well if the injured person was walking at 9:00 a.m. in the morning instead of 2:00 p.m. in the afternoon, well the driver who phucked him up doesn't have to pay, because he wasn't walking at the correct time." Well, the unjust requirement of having to have had 20 years of service in order to receive both V.A. and Retirement pay is the same type of circumstance-especially after the military promised that they would take care of you if you were hurt while in the military. CDRP requirements are unjust for a large portion of military retirees-regardless if they saw combat or not. I'm military retired in every sense of the word-regardless if I did 20 years or not, and I want justice!

I agree with you on every point, but you need to change your language/tone to get any support. I am glad you

While I clearly appreciated your pain, this is not the place to talk about actions that are political in nature. Like it or not, what you are talking about is regulated by laws, and until they change, it is a reality. If you want to change this, I hope you will get involved with the VFW, or many of the other groups that advocate for service members.

As for this thread, enough has been said, and it is now closed. If there is a specific issue that you need assistance with as far as the MEB, PEB, or VA, please feel free to open a thread as to ask those specific questions.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.