Travel To FPEB. Uniforms

builtgypsy

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Is the only way to get to the FPEB by plane? I'd rather have a government credit card equal to the cost of the plane ticket to spend on gas, take some leave, and ride. It'd be nice to meander to such an important event.

And even more importantly, is there a uniform shop at every FPEB location? It would not be pleasant to have something happen to your uniform while you're trying to get it ready and have no way to replace it. :(

i know w/us in the af they usually give us the option on taking gov. travel (plane) or driving your POV and they give u X ammount of travel days, milage and per deim(ususally the travel days 4 us r based on how far u r from lackland afb,san antonio,tx).
i have been thinking the same way u have. it would be nice to get my head straight and take the drive, but now i'm thinking about how it may be a REALLY LONG drive home after receiving a bad FPEB:D.
i have a gov. card. all i think it takes is to get a letter from your command and bring it to your finance office. that's how we do it 4 guy when we deploy or go tdy.
i also know @ lackland they do and @ most afb's they have decent clothing sales @ their AAFES (BX/PX) and they usually almost always have a dryclean/alterations shop.

Lmao I thought the same thing! Taking a long drive there and getting myself as relaxed and prepared as I can, but getting stuck with a long drive back if it goes poorly too. Oh well, at least then you'd be able to crank up the radio and try not to think about it.

They gave me 9 days to travel cross-country when I PCS'd from Charleston to here. Last time I made a cannonball run and it took me 54 hours to go 2,500 miles. I hope it comes out the same for travel time to the FPEB. This time I'll take it slow! :)

I was thinking about ordering whatever uniform I have to show up in (I think it's dress blues for Navy), having it shipped to the local uniform shop, and then if it needs hemmed get it done before the appearance. Funny things always seem to happen to the more fancier uniforms when you need them the most. :(