TRDL Appeal

clynn13

Registered Member
Hello all. I have questions for you! My husband was placed on TRDL in Nov 2015. Rated 40% for his back. His ROM in his original C&P exam was less than 30 degrees. January 2017 he was called in for his reevaluation C&P exam. ROM was noted as great than 30 degrees this time. However, his incapacitating episodes were noted as being greater than one month out of the year. Paperwork was sent up. Came back down they wanted to put him at 20% and give him severance pay. We appealed. The appeal was denied and he is now scheduled for a formal hearing on July 7th.

His legal team advised that he go see his PCM and get his ROM readings done again and have them fill out the DBQ. He went today. To his PCM at Evans (Fort Carson) and was told that they do not do that there and they do not even have the equipment to do the ROM tests. They were confused as to why the legal team would ask for this since it was just done in January by an Army doctor.

My question to you guys is, where can he go (within a week) to have another set of ROM tests done? Or is this even a thing? They notified him yesterday of his hearing date, which is less than 2 weeks away, with the 4th of July holiday in there. *sigh*

Hello all. I have questions for you! My husband was placed on TRDL in Nov 2015. Rated 40% for his back. His ROM in his original C&P exam was less than 30 degrees. January 2017 he was called in for his reevaluation C&P exam. ROM was noted as great than 30 degrees this time. However, his incapacitating episodes were noted as being greater than one month out of the year. Paperwork was sent up. Came back down they wanted to put him at 20% and give him severance pay. We appealed. The appeal was denied and he is now scheduled for a formal hearing on July 7th.

His legal team advised that he go see his PCM and get his ROM readings done again and have them fill out the DBQ. He went today. To his PCM at Evans (Fort Carson) and was told that they do not do that there and they do not even have the equipment to do the ROM tests. They were confused as to why the legal team would ask for this since it was just done in January by an Army doctor.

My question to you guys is, where can he go (within a week) to have another set of ROM tests done? Or is this even a thing? They notified him yesterday of his hearing date, which is less than 2 weeks away, with the 4th of July holiday in there. *sigh*

A physical therapist should be able to do ROM testing.

I'm actually WTFing over here at the concept that a PCM can't do a ROM test.

HA! I was too! He has an appt this afternoon with his chiropractor, who can do the ROM testing. What a load of BS this all is...

HA! I was too! He has an appt this afternoon with his chiropractor, who can do the ROM testing. What a load of BS this all is...

You have to ratchet all that down. This is a marathon not a sprint.

Long is the road into perdition, and you have only taken your first steps.

I went to a physical therapist and she couldn't do it. They sent me off base. An actual fully qualified PT that was a major in the AF was unable to conduct it.