VA Award Letter Question

Former MiTT Team Leader

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
GSWarrior2017- and anyone else out there interested in VA Home Loans/ Mortgage I would highly recommend the book "Housing Policy In The United States-3rd ed" by Alex F. Schwartz and per index page 464- look at pages 73, 82,85, 89, 110 about US DVA home-loans etc... think all would be very shocked????? I personally was more than shocked, furthermore I can attest most of what is written in this book is in fact true. I myself, had been encouraged by several local attorney's to force my home, with numerous issues, and a "clear-cut" bad house case into foreclosure. On page 419..et. al. - of this book, my bank oddly, just did some of what is stated, like significantly increase my home value after I told them was most likely going force foreclosure through the CFPB!

Thanks to a "super-moderator" this website, I decided to fight it out to best of ability to hopefully reclaim the "fortune" sunk in my house due to renovations and down-payment, etc.....

Also, thanks my POA, Community, the Bank, etc... have been told by other's in fact have POA/HOA PTSD in addition to everything else... yes this is a real "condition" and several thousand folks a year in United States supposedly commit "suicide" because of it IAW an author I contacted.....

Of interest that was mentioned, was perhaps a "fiduciary" to ease burden on me of getting rid of my "home!" As explained, a "fiduciary" can be employed to assist in matters such as bankruptcy, etc... by folks more "knowledgeable" and/or experts in subjects than the individual requiring assistance. I do believe if this is the case then the term "fiduciary" has been significantly sim-represented, specifically with veterans and taking certain "rights" away they in fact "fought" or served for!

"Housing Policy In The United States-3rd ed" by Alex F. Schwartz can be found at Amazon.com https://www.amazon.com/Housing-Poli...using+policy+in+the+united+states+3rd+edition for those interested!!!!

As far as I can tell, my area-region is in fact in non-compliance with a whole host of issues and programs specified in above book, like no where can one readily find an "efficiency" apartment, among vast host of other things, mentioned by Mr. Schawartz.....!!!

Anyway hope this assist GSWarrior2017 and vast number of other veterans, ...etc... and once again thanks Super Moderatior's this site!!!!!!

PS: In addition housing issues, believe it or not on my 3rd "lemon" vehicle in 2-years in my local area which led me do yet more research- see attached......for you MI types...

Attachments

Former MiTT Team Leader

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
"Housing Policy In The United States-3rd ed" by Alex F. Schwartz can be found at Amazon.com https://www.amazon.com/Housing-Poli...using+policy+in+the+united+states+3rd+edition for those interested!!!!

As far as I can tell, my area-region is in fact in non-compliance with a whole host of issues and programs specified in above book, like no where can one readily find an "efficiency" apartment, among vast host of other things, mentioned by Mr. Schawartz.....!!!

Of interest to those veterans and retirees out ther, who, like myself, have been guests of local/State/Federal Government, IAW The Baldwin Times March 30, 2018 issue, in an article by Cliff McCollum, titled "Sheriff Mack Gives Presentation On Jail Inmate Meal Plan" on pages 1 and 2, apparently the sheriff "uses a housing agreement with the federal government, and city of Bay Minette to help bridge the funding gap on inmate meals." (page 1 of article) The article further states that the sheriff "would like to change the law that allows some sheriffs to take leftover funds as personal income, but efforts to pass such legislation have been unsuccessful." (page 2) This is to me funny for several reason's, I was guest of this sheriff's jail and none of the "wondrous" meals he is talking about were afforded any of us, even in the "medical" wing! Inmates- numerous vets at time- had figured out weekly calendar and we knew what we were eating every meal of every day!!!!! I also, lost a "ton" of weight in "medical wing" along with everyone else..... Could things have changed- possibly- but think lack of true "investigative" reporting that the reporter did not actually, see all meals offered, speak "dietician" nor ask numerous inmates on various wings of county jail- if had seen or eaten any of these meals!?!? Also, the sheriff- is oddly, in charge of "auctioning-off" bank foreclosed homes etc..... (this article, interestingly enough, came out after another news story about another Alabama county sheriff arrested for "embezzling funds" from prison/jail "commissary funds(?)" and having own personal "real-estate" empire with homes on the beach(?), etc..... if remember correctly????

Anyway, hope this gives pause to other veterans out there such as GSWarrior2017... on home ownership, etc...and encourages other's to do research, such as "Housing Policy In The United States-3rd ed" by Alex F. Schwartz, among numerous other books, and share their experiences- either good or bad, as only way, perhaps anything will ever change.... maybe for the better of ALL in long run????????????

Once again thanks to SuperModerator's this website.....

PS: Many may sk why I posted this- simple, and hope a SuperModerator will respond, as those veterans whose sole income is in fact DOD, US DVA, Social Security, face severe "income" stream ramifications for themselves and their families if incarcerated, etc... over certain amount of time.... which could possibly result in loss of their home,etc... not to say their "dignity"(which to some is more important than anything else) as is pointed out in book I have mentioned.... in section under "foreclosure!" (Also, it means that "veterans" are also easy target's or marks for "real-estate" issues, for those with "excellent" [which I do not claim] knowledge of the system, as is pointed out in other books just like th elderly, mentaly frail, etc....) Just something to think about......

Last edited:

Former MiTT Team Leader

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
GSWarrior2017 and all this website with housing issues thought might be interested in Judaical Watch (www.JudicialWatch.org) https://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/category/hud/ about severe issues HUD, etc...

Also, the following book "The Federal Government and Urban Housing, Third Edition" (Suny Series in Urban Public Policy) 3rd Edition by R. Allen Hays (Author) at https://www.amazon.com/Federal-Gove...ords=the+federal+government+and+urban+housing because in it the author states:

"The old saying that “History repeats itself” is, of course, not literally true. Each era of political struggle and policy development has its own unique set of circumstances and dilemmas. However, this historical narrative does reveal recurring themes and patterns. In every era, housing has been recognized as an important human need, and yet the low income groups who need it most are repeatedly stigmatized and isolated by more privileged members of society. This stigmatization makes it difficult to provide them with adequate housing. Provision of housing in clearly identified, publicly owned structures has often intensified the stigmatization of their inhabitants, and yet programs that induce the private sector to create housing for low income people in less clearly identifiable concentrations have also encountered serious difficulties. Meanwhile, housing assistance to the prosperous through tax deductions remains a political sacred cow, as liberals and conservatives continue to struggle over how much housing assistance to provide to the poor and what level of housing services the recipients really “need.” And, of course, the specter of racial privilege and racial segregation casts a long shadow over the entire process. Nevertheless...."

(Above Quote BY/From: Hays, R. Allen. The Federal Government and Urban Housing, Third Edition (SUNY series in Urban Public Policy) . State University of New York Press. Kindle Edition. [ Note: Introduction- could not get exact page numbers Kindle Ed!])

Furthermore, the author describes the latest in "political" theory at beginning of book in context of a sort of "psychological" view point and even mentions "Maslov's-Heireachy of Needs!"

Bottom-line- buying a home should not be taken lightly, by anyone, let alone those whose incomes are solely US DVA, DOD, SSDI dependent, as I am finding out there are in fact few "protections" that actually work in my State for buying a "bad-house!"

GSWarrior2017 hope this asists you as well as numerous other out there.......

PS: IAW Judicial Watch "Verdict"- April 2018 Volume 24/Issue 4: "VA Facility That Prosecuted Vet For Posting U.S. Flags Duped By Bribed Official" some may find interesting....

https://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/...uting-army-vet-posting-u-s-flag-misled-staff/

Former MiTT Team Leader

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
GSWarrior2017, et. al.- thought I would post some more info as know a lot of folks do not have time to read but as per.....

On page 419..et. al. - of this book, my bank oddly, just did some of what is stated, like significantly increase my home value after I told them was most likely going force foreclosure through the CFPB!

Thanks to a "super-moderator" this website, I decided to fight it out to best of ability to hopefully reclaim the "fortune" sunk in my house due to renovations and down-payment, etc.....

Also, thanks my POA, Community, the Bank, etc... have been told by other's in fact have POA/HOA PTSD in addition to everything else... yes this is a real "condition" and several thousand folks a year in United States supposedly commit "suicide" because of it IAW an author I contacted.....

Of interest that was mentioned, was perhaps a "fiduciary" to ease burden on me of getting rid of my "home!" As explained, a "fiduciary" can be employed to assist in matters such as bankruptcy, etc... by folks more "knowledgeable" and/or experts in subjects than the individual requiring assistance. I do believe if this is the case then the term "fiduciary" has been significantly sim-represented, specifically with veterans and taking certain "rights" away they in fact "fought" or served for!

"If a property is located in an affluent neighborhood, or in an area with increasing property values, its foreclosure should have little if any effect on the surrounding area. The bank (or servicer) will want to preserve the property’s value and will likely invest in its upkeep and security until it can sell it to a new owner (Kingsley, Smith, & Price 2009; Mallach 2009). If the neighborhood is stable, and the property in decent condition, it should not take long for the property to be sold. On the other hand, if the local housing market is weak and conditions are deteriorating, banks will have less incentive to maintain and secure the property. With little chance of recouping even half of the balance of the mortgage, banks may postpone or diminish their expenditures on basic maintenance and security, allowing the property to deteriorate. If foreclosed properties sit vacant for prolonged periods they become vulnerable to vandalism and theft. If heat has been shut off, the property will likely deteriorate further (Kingsley et al. 2009)." (From: Schwartz, Alex F.. Housing Policy in the United States (Kindle Locations 9074-9081). Taylor and Francis. Kindle Edition.)

Oddly, my Bank- that supposedly services and caters to needs and issues of US Service Members, veterans and retirees (had more issues with since MED Retired than in my entire decades old history with them) - just upped my home value highest it has ever been (almost 20-K US Dollars) once I notified them through the CFPB, and wrote HUD asking for a response the head of HUD- which have not recieved one as of yet!!!!!!

Iinterestingly, IAW "Housing Policy In The United States-3rd ed" by Alex F. Schwartz :

"The geography of mortgage foreclosure and delinquency is quite uneven. A few states account for a large share of all mortgages in arrears or in foreclosure. These states tend to be in the “sunbelt” or “rustbelt”: states in the West and South that saw their housing markets collapse from dizzying heights, or industrial states of the Midwest that saw little of the housing bubble but were hit extremely hard by job loss and unemployment during the Great Recession. In addition, some Northeastern states with persistently high levels of unemployment also confront high levels of foreclosure. As of September 2013, Florida alone accounted for 18% of all the properties in the nation that had completed the foreclosure process over the previous 12 months. Florida, California, and Texas accounted for 33% of all foreclosure completions, and six states, Florida, California, Texas, Michigan, Georgia, and Illinois, accounted for over 50%. Ten states (the previous six plus North Carolina, Ohio, Arizona, and Washington) accounted for 66% of all completions during this period (see Table 13.1). Of these 10 states with the most foreclosure completions, the courts oversee the foreclosure process in three, and are not involved in the process in seven." (From: Schwartz, Alex F.. Housing Policy in the United States (Kindle Locations 9026-9036). Taylor and Francis. Kindle Edition.)

I happen to live in the "sun Belt" very near the Florida State Line........hummph....???????

Also, GSWarrior2017- I do not know if a lot of veterans know about "eminent domain" and state/ local government, etc... can in fact seize their property, I would recommend the following web sites:

https://www.condemnation-law.com/eminent-domain-definition/faq/

https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcp/rule_71.1

http://disinfo.com/2010/03/the-gove...-land-then-sell-them-to-private-corporations/

https://real-estate-law.freeadvice.com/real-estate-law/condemnation/condemnation.htm

https://www.condemnation-law.com/eminent-domain-definition/faq/

Perhaps, if one in fact has a "Bad House Case" forcing it to be "condemned", due to safety issues, etc.... might be a viable way out, and force a lot of things...perhaps, but I am not an attorney- however an avenue to explore.......????????????

GSWarrior2017, et. al., hope this helps in some small way, and once again buying a home on US DVA, DOD Retirement, SSDI- income only should not be taken lightly, in my opinion, but folks make decisions based on "circumstances," etc.. at the time... as no one has a "crystal ball" to foresee the future.....

PS: I wonder if study ever done by HUD, Federal Housing Authority, US DVA or private entity into how many of foreclosures in "Sun Belt" etc... were "veterans" or US Military retiress as theses states have very high concentration of "veterans!"???? In the 1st Congessional Disctrict of Alabama there are 51(+/-) - thousand alone......

Furthermore, if "affluent" neighborhood and increase value, prior foreclosure- connotes (perhaps) a relationship of "some kind" between community, local government, state government etc........ actors ?????????? (Is this correct, if true?????? Something to ponder.....)

Last edited:

Former MiTT Team Leader

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
PS: I wonder if study ever done by HUD, Federal Housing Authority, US DVA or private entity into how many of foreclosures in "Sun Belt" etc... were "veterans" or US Military retiress as theses states have very high concentration of "veterans!"???? In the 1st Congessional Disctrict of Alabama there are 51(+/-) - thousand alone......

Furthermore, if "affluent" neighborhood and increase value, prior foreclosure- connotes (perhaps) a relationship of "some kind" between community, local government, state government etc........ actors ?????????? (Is this correct, if true?????? Something to ponder.....)

GSWarrior2017, et. al. thought would post what I was talking about, as too consequences of "purchasing" home only with US DVA, DOD, SSDI income- see below file on "incarcerated" veterans, and pay garnishment due incarceration from: https://www.benefits.va.gov/benefits/factsheets/misc/incarcerated.pdf

Furthermore would recommend checking out the following as well, among numerous other resources:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/38/21.276 - 38 CFR 21.276 - Incarcerated veterans.

http://www.independentsentinel.com/...r-gun-rights-with-a-single-va-gun-regulation/ - "260,000 Vets Stripped of Their Gun Rights With a Single VA Gun Regulation" By S.Noble

Oddly, since issue's my bank and home, and complaining countless times CFPB-HUD, etc...- to little or no avail, I might add- have seen several vehicles from my bank riding around my local area, which have never seen before..... quite odd??????

Also, I called the HUD home counseling number and was referred to 3- local HUD- approved (sub-contracted???) home/mortgage counseling agencies/firms, and called two of the three and never received a call back nor any assistance what so ever from these "counselor's" in Mobile, AL.......

For those interested I would suggest https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/housing/sfh/fharesourcectr as might have different results than myself.....??????

Finally, IAW "The Baldwin Times" March 16, 2018 Issue (GulfCoastNewsToday.com) in an article page 32, titled "Former U.S. Attorney Kenyen Brown Joins Fight To Fix Criminal Justice System" , I would yet again take with a grain of salt, as this is one of the "individual's" that "rail-roaded" myself and numerous other's, through the local Federal Criminal Justice System.... with a whole lot of "non-hlep" Gulf Coast VA System.....

GSWarrior2017, et. al.; so hope this assists in some small manner- I think the "US DVA Statistics Department", if have not, should be mandated to track "veteran" home foreclosures, and reasons why, in all US 50-States and Territories.... as may shed light on some issues, as well as lead down a path to "betterment" of the system, as "perhaps" give a "vulnerable" section of the home mortgage industry, etc.... some realistic protections....

Otherwise, best wishes and Courtesy YouTube hopefully w all can avoid the "commissar" see "Falco - Der Kommissar (U.S. Official Video)" at YouTube
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-bgiiTxhzM

Attachments

Last edited:

Former MiTT Team Leader

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Iinterestingly, IAW "Housing Policy In The United States-3rd ed" by Alex F. Schwartz :

"The geography of mortgage foreclosure and delinquency is quite uneven. A few states account for a large share of all mortgages in arrears or in foreclosure. These states tend to be in the “sunbelt” or “rustbelt”: states in the West and South that saw their housing markets collapse from dizzying heights, or industrial states of the Midwest that saw little of the housing bubble but were hit extremely hard by job loss and unemployment during the Great Recession. In addition, some Northeastern states with persistently high levels of unemployment also confront high levels of foreclosure. As of September 2013, Florida alone accounted for 18% of all the properties in the nation that had completed the foreclosure process over the previous 12 months. Florida, California, and Texas accounted for 33% of all foreclosure completions, and six states, Florida, California, Texas, Michigan, Georgia, and Illinois, accounted for over 50%. Ten states (the previous six plus North Carolina, Ohio, Arizona, and Washington) accounted for 66% of all completions during this period (see Table 13.1). Of these 10 states with the most foreclosure completions, the courts oversee the foreclosure process in three, and are not involved in the process in seven." (From: Schwartz, Alex F.. Housing Policy in the United States (Kindle Locations 9026-9036). Taylor and Francis. Kindle Edition.)

I happen to live in the "sun Belt" very near the Florida State Line........hummph....???????

GSWarrior2017, et. al. thought per above might find the below- most likely outdated now- highly interesting IAW above:

1523721520098.jpg

The above as cited at bottom was "Prepared by the National Center for Veterans Analysis And Statics" and is "as of 09/30/2014"--- as stated other post's have written the National Center for Veterans Analysis And Statics and never once received a response.....????????

So wonder if in fact do track "veteran" home mortgage foreclosure rates and reason's by State and US Territory....?????

GSWarrior2017, et. al. hope this helps clarify my thought process here and numerous "linkages" that may exist.....

Or could it all be as per "Aldo Nova" at YouTube videos "Aldo Nova - Fantasy"
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPQgfaB3S1c

Former MiTT Team Leader

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
For those interested I would suggest https://www.hud.gov/program_offices/housing/sfh/fharesourcectr as might have different results than myself.....??????

Finally, IAW "The Baldwin Times" March 16, 2018 Issue (GulfCoastNewsToday.com) in an article page 32, titled "Former U.S. Attorney Kenyen Brown Joins Fight To Fix Criminal Justice System" , I would yet again take with a grain of salt, as this is one of the "individual's" that "rail-roaded" myself and numerous other's, through the local Federal Criminal Justice System.... with a whole lot of "non-hlep" Gulf Coast VA System.....

GSWarrior2017, et. al.; so hope this assists in some small manner- I think the "US DVA Statistics Department", if have not, should be mandated to track "veteran" home foreclosures, and reasons why, in all US 50-States and Territories.... as may shed light on some issues, as well as lead down a path to "betterment" of the system, as "perhaps" give a "vulnerable" section of the home mortgage industry, etc.... some realistic protections....
GSWarrior2017, et. al. I know some folks out there not very good nor have time utilize internet "research" purposes so thought ad some simplification:

https://peoplesearch.hud.gov/po/i/netlocator/ is link to HUD personnel locator and '[email protected]'; '[email protected]' are emails to tow CoF's in Washington DC HUD Office...

I would also recommend: https://www.bankrate.com/finance/real-estate/foreclosures-by-state/default.aspx internet article "See how the states rank for foreclosures" Claes Bell, CFA October 23, 2017 in Real Estate

GSWarrior2017, et. al... sincerely hope this assist's some folks out there......

PS: Anyone plumbing/water/sewer issues I would recommend 'Hall, Renea' <[email protected]> for EPA South East, I do believe.....

Former MiTT Team Leader

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
GSWarrior2017, et. al. I know some folks out there not very good nor have time utilize internet "research" purposes so thought ad some simplification:

https://peoplesearch.hud.gov/po/i/netlocator/ is link to HUD personnel locator and '[email protected]'; '[email protected]' are emails to tow CoF's in Washington DC HUD Office...

I would also recommend: https://www.bankrate.com/finance/real-estate/foreclosures-by-state/default.aspx internet article "See how the states rank for foreclosures" Claes Bell, CFA October 23, 2017 in Real Estate

GSWarrior2017, et. al... sincerely hope this assist's some folks out there......

PS: Anyone plumbing/water/sewer issues I would recommend 'Hall, Renea' <[email protected]> for EPA South East, I do believe.....

GSWarrior2017, et. al... I hope anyone out there with "housing" issues, etc... sincerely has better luck than myself getting assistance from local/State/Federal authorities. I know a lot folks this website are simply "Show-Me" so see attached file, what I have sadly attempted with little or no results'.....

Yet, other options to still "explore" before possibly the "dreaded" fiduciary to "perhaps" assist me with this issue, if willing...
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Furthermore would recommend checking out the following as well, among numerous other resources:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/38/21.276 - 38 CFR 21.276 - Incarcerated veterans.

http://www.independentsentinel.com/...r-gun-rights-with-a-single-va-gun-regulation/ - "260,000 Vets Stripped of Their Gun Rights With a Single VA Gun Regulation" By S.Noble

Oddly, since issue's my bank and home, and complaining countless times CFPB-HUD, etc...- to little or no avail, I might add- have seen several vehicles from my bank riding around my local area, which have never seen before..... quite odd??????
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GSWarrior2017, et. al... budget's, of all sorts, (like City/Government Budgets- utilized justify everyting rasing taxes, zoning, Capital Projects, etc...) are exceedingly important as any Operations Officer or Comander can tell you- everything is by and large simply a function of circumstance, time and money (Resources Available- Remember [MSN Planning-MDMP?]).....Hope this helps some folks or at least gives pause and perhaps saves one vet similar issues....????????

Attachments

Last edited:

Former MiTT Team Leader

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
GSWarrior2017, et. al. thought per above might find the below- most likely outdated now- highly interesting IAW above:

The above as cited at bottom was "Prepared by the National Center for Veterans Analysis And Statics" and is "as of 09/30/2014"--- as stated other post's have written the National Center for Veterans Analysis And Statics and never once received a response.....????????
GSWarrior2017, et. al. found another resource on internet at https://www.veteransunited.com/assets/pdf/va-loan-book.pdf at the urging of a Super Moderator this website: see downloaded file from above link "The Book On Va Loans" by Chris Birk- with "Forward" by Ken Preston 13th Sgt. Major of the U.S. Army !

This book is 312(=) pages so did not want to print- so for those interested other version can be found on Amazon.com at https://www.amazon.com/Book-VA-Loan...TF8&qid=1523875790&sr=8-6&keywords=chris+birk

Below is a quoted passage from "The Book On Va Loans" by Chris Birk pages 5-6 (PDF Version) Chapter 1- "Foreclosure" SSub-Section:"
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Foreclosures

The VA loan and military borrowers have also proved resilient in the face of foreclosure. Default notices and foreclosure fi lings have fallen since late 2010, in large part because of questionable foreclosure practices on the part of lenders. But there are still hundreds of thousands of distressed properties in markets across the country. In Nevada alone, one in every 33 homes was facing foreclosure. Foreclosure rates were slightly better in states like Florida, Arizona and California, but homeowners across the country continue to drown in “underwater” homes where they owe far more than what the property is worth. Veterans United Home Loans presents: e Book on VA LOANS 6 Military borrowers certainly haven’t been immune to foreclosure. More than 20,000 veterans, service members and reservists lost their homes in 2010. Communities located near military bases saw foreclosure fi lings increase 32 percent over 2008 levels, according to RealtyTrac. Still, the damage could have been much worse. Despite the harrowing numbers, VA loans have had the lowest foreclosure rate of any product on the market for nearly all of the last six years. Part of that success is due to the loan experts at the VA who work tirelessly to keep veterans and their families from losing their homes. The VA has multiple programs and options aimed at helping those who have served our country stave off foreclosure."

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GSWarrior2017, et. al. I once again sincerely hope this assist's some veteran(s) out there.....

1523876650412.jpg

Above image once again from "National Center for Veterans Analysis and Statistics" US DVA Office Actuary- as of 09/30/2014!!!!!!

Funny Gulf Coast VA (HQ-Biloxi MS)-VISN16: have folks from great state of Alaska working there in both very low and high positions- reminds me of "North To Alaska" by Johnny Horton - Courtesy YouTube Video at
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSt0NEESrUA

Attachments

Last edited:

Former MiTT Team Leader

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
GSWarrior2017, et. al. , thought I would post again here, about the importance of obtaining "highly-reliable" assistance before, purchasing a home, especially in a Homeowner or Property Owner Association controlled neighborhood, and/or a Municipality with too many "beyond" absurd codes, rules and regulations- above and beyond those required by State and Federal Law, that they only enforce for the chosen few!

Case in point, in my area is a Municipality- Fairhope, Alabama- that touts itself as a "Single-Tax Colony" and a "primer" area to live! However, what most people do not know is most sub-division's in Fairhope, AL are in fact HOA/POA controlled, the City of Fairhope does not regulate them nor offer any assistance those who move in and run into issues with their HOA/POA, etc.... and the City itself has beyond "crazy" its own building requirements, ordnance's and codes which a lot are not scientifically based- which lends itself to wide "interpretation" regarding complaints..... (see City Fairhope: http://www.cofairhope.com/city-government/ordinances-forms-reports & https://library.municode.com/al/fairhope/codes/code_of_ordinances ) !!! One should lso look up fines' and fees for planting wrong plants and trees at: https://library.municode.com/al/fairhope/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=COOR_CH20.5TRLA - "Chapter 20.5 - TREES AND LANDSCAPING!" One will simply be beyond appalled and could simply thinks a whole bunch of "druids' reside in this area...!!

So, as one can potentially see, it makes "sense" to do a whole lot of "investigation" prior to purchasing a home in any certain area/region!

Attached, is a letter/email Mayor city of Fairhope, Alabama a veteran asked me to post so folks can in fact kind of understand a whole lot of dilemmas one can get themselves into without the "right" assistance!

GSWarrior2017, et. al., I hope this greatly assist's you as well as other's.....as it is better to learn through other's experience's/history than through school of "hard-knocks!"

PS: All this kind of reminds one of movie "Spinal Tap!" and "Stonehenge" courtesy YouTube video "Spinal Tap - Stonehenge" at YouTube
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAXzzHM8zLw

As small note/point: The veteran who asked me post letter was in fact civilly-committed because they reported reported counterfeit money and "supposedly" "UPSET" someone local "Homeland Security" and as of the other day "stores" local area checking bills of value 5-US dollars and up! Which, one would not think "counterfeiting" would be as big a deal this area as there is US Federal government "training" facility for all law-enforcement in Hoover Alabama, I do believe run by US Secret service!

Attachments

Last edited:

Former MiTT Team Leader

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Attached, is a letter/email Mayor city of Fairhope, Alabama a veteran asked me to post so folks can in fact kind of understand a whole lot of dilemmas one can get themselves into without the "right" assistance!

GSWarrior2017, et. al., I hope this greatly assist's you as well as other's.....as it is better to learn through other's experience's/history than through school of "hard-knocks!"
GSWarrior2017, et. al., in keeping with the above, folks- and especially veterans with only source income US DVA Compensation, etc.... might need to be aware of, as my friend explained to me are several things:

1) Home one take's a mortgage loan from-i.e which bank, and whom is going to service the mortgage or are they going to immediately turn around and trade it off. The individual in above post was actually, "rooked" (old card came used be played in "country") into buying two houses that really did not want, and ended up over 500(K) in debt- which IAW them never thought they would be that much in debt. One bank "Hancock Bank" actually, as soon as "mortgage" was signed, and knowing full well individual was going to pay bank loan immediately- traded mortgage top another bank- believe it or not! The, bank on individual's house, IAW them, USAA Federal Savings Bank, has oddly given them nothing but trouble since they, fought, and were medically retired US Army (with a lot of help). USAA has even, IAW the three local attorney's mentioned in attachment, placed them with one of the worst "mortgage servicing companies" in the business Nation Star! This individual has supposedly filed very many complaints with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau all to basically no avail! USAA Federal Savings Bank, has told this individual repeatedly that the only "mortgage servicing company they utilize" is Nation Star, but when individual has called in whole host other "mortgage servicers" listed for both USAA members and supposedly "non-members!" Furthermore, recently, individual called USAA and spoke a "Tracey" at USAA Proper, and Tracy supposedly told them "nation Star" must be utilized because they are in Alabama. Individual, asked Tracy to send a letter, stating all Federal and State rules that in fact mandated Nation Star alone be utilized in Alabama- oddly individual has received no such letter from USAA. Additionally, and oddly, Nation Star, miscalculated amount to be paid on loan and individual asked for an accounting. Nation Star sent them letter saying they basically serviced "mortgage's" all over the 50- US Continental and overseas states- baffling!!!! Furthermore, individual has been nothing but harassed by "Alabama Insurance Underwriters Association" out of Foley Alabama, right up road from Fairhope Alabama, and strong association with the Baldwin County Probate Judge Tim Russell (IAW various media-associated with Insurance Industry Alabama etc.., as well former Mayor Foley ALand had leave this office dubious circumstances, as well as no formal legal training/pass bar exam,etc... {so how a Judge of Anything!]), who committed them due to upsetting someone "home-land security" and would not allow them "transfer VA-facility- which is against Federal Law! Sadly, all-FTC, CFPB, USAA, Nation Starr did very little! I could continue but think one gets the point.

Oddly, individuals that assisted this individual in MED Retirement have also had various issues never had USAA before-supposedly!

I simply guess USAA is not living up to:

"Customer Service: Extraordinary Results at Southwest Airlines, Charles Schwab, Lands' End, American Express, Staples, and USAA" by Fred Wiersema (at Barnes & Noble.om: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/customer-service-fred-wiersema/1112840431?ean=9780887307720 ) nor

"USAA: A Tradition of Service, 1922-1997 1st edition by Ringenbach, Paul T. (1997) Hardcover Hardcover" – 1601 (at Amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010CLR0J0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 )

Think other's can simply decide for, themselves....???????

PS: On this issue and just "food for thought" if in fact anything is true from "Secret Societies and The Military"Posted on March 22, 2009 by "Aftermath News-Independent Post-9/11 News" at https://aftermathnews.wordpress.com/2009/03/22/secret-societies-and-the-military/ would not these "socities" in fact need ther own banking syatem or access to one....????

2) Need be aware, that entire "financial" history will be run, due in large part "Patriot Act" and "Truth In Lending" unless can pay outright in cash for a home!

PS: One, by product, never ending "global War on Terror" is allows "patriot Act" to remain in place in perpetuity.... once again just "food for thought?"

Before sign off this post, much has been written about the "ineffectiveness of the CFPB" in media such as "Judical Watch" etc.... so based on this individual I have written this post on behalf of.... the CFPB has in fact done very little this "individual" but supposedly recovered "billions" for common American citizens.... wonder if this money has ever been accounted for and whom all paid to???????

3) If buying a house- and iAW various media sources varying schools of thought- one needs be aware that in "most" cases will be paying "Primarily" on interest and not the "Principal" of the mortgage for the first 5-years! This is important US Veterans/Retirees- as US DVA ratings can change with little to no notice, and laws governing "retirement income" SSDI, US DVA Compensation can sadly change as well given the highly "capricious" nature US Politics..... and should be taken into account before such a possible "life-changing" decision to buy a home is in fact undertaken.... just my 2-cents!!!! Furthermore, how many US Citizens actually work for same Corporation/Company 5-years or more anymore, let alone retire same Corporation/Company originally started out with.....???????

Well guess it all might just be as per rock-band "Dire Straights" courtesy YouTube video"Dire Straits - Money For Nothing music video (Good quality, all countries)" at YouTube:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAD6Obi7Cag

Last edited:

Former MiTT Team Leader

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
3) If buying a house- and iAW various media sources varying schools of thought- one needs be aware that in "most" cases will be paying "Primarily" on interest and not the "Principal" of the mortgage for the first 5-years! This is important US Veterans/Retirees- as US DVA ratings can change with little to no notice, and laws governing "retirement income" SSDI, US DVA Compensation can sadly change as well given the highly "capricious" nature US Politics..... and should be taken into account before such a possible "life-changing" decision to buy a home is in fact undertaken.... just my 2-cents!!!! Furthermore, how many US Citizens actually work for same Corporation/Company 5-years or more anymore, let alone retire same Corporation/Company originally started out with.....???????

GSWarrior2017, et. al., in keeping with the above, thought I would simply add a few things, that may assist.

1) Need look up crime statics of area think moving to. But, need utilize multiple resources for this, as sadly there is "incentive" to in fact "jerry-meander" these numbers, if an "area" wants make itself look good! See attached...local media reporting..case in point....

2) I would suggest-as mentioned before, doing a whole lot of "research" on internet, etc.. as tp "pros-con's" of purchasing a home: see for example
"A Letter to My Daughter About the Black Magic of Banking Yanis Varoufakis Has Some Thoughts on Capitalism" May 8, 2018 By Yanis Varoufakis at: https://lithub.com/a-letter-to-my-daughter-about-the-black-magic-of-banking/

3) Thar are whole host of resources out there at both local book-seller's and library such as:

"Home Buying Kit For Dummies" by Eric Tyson, Ray Brown at Barnes And Nobles: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/ho...ies-eric-tyson/1105290813?ean=9781119191704#/

"Building an Affordable House: Trade Secrets to High-Value, Low-Cost Construction"by Fernando Pages-Ruiz, Fernando Pages Ruiz, Larry Haun at Barnes And Nobles: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/bu...nando-pages-ruiz/1126798718?ean=9781561585960

"Barron's Real Estate Licensing Exams, 10th Edition"by J. Bruce Linderman Ph.D. at Barnes & Nobles: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/ba...MIgIWdi-aR2wIVWDuBCh2LhQPEEAQYASABEgLdnPD_BwE

It is also highly recommended by some look to Better Business Bureau for "researching" best "real-estate" firms and agents, but one simply needs to be careful as in the Baldwin County Area all auto-dealers, for example have an "A" something rating even if not member Better Business Bureau: https://www.bbb.org/en/us/search?find_text=auto+dealers&find_loc=Fairhope,+AL&find_latlng=30.502186,-87.885819&page=1

Note: Licensing Exam- books Real Estate or Otherwise are good ways to get rapidly up to speed so one can in fat ask informed questions or use as a reference, kind of like "Social Work Exam" at: https://socialworkexam.com/

Bottom-line: every thing has it's own "language" kind of like writing NCOER's and OER's and whom they are written by. Knew guy has some OER's by a lot of folks "Tree-Name's" like Holtz, etc... and called a "superstar," which not so sure a "good thing!" Supposedly, he also knew guy named after "Starbucks" coffee whose father was a Senior US Marshall out in California somewhere... And was even in Washington, DC when were filming "west Wing" at one of local "Monuments!" But sadly, his career ended up tragically....

Kind of reminds one of several movies- like "Guardians of the Galaxy" - were have a "Star-Lord" "talking tree" and "hybrid-raccoon" or as say in German "Waschbar," and other "hybrid" alien creatures of human-like nature! Then you have "Star Buck" in Star Wars movie "Rouge One!"

["Case in point, in my area is a Municipality- Fairhope, Alabama- that touts itself as a "Single-Tax Colony" and a "primer" area to live! However, what most people do not know is most sub-division's in Fairhope, AL are in fact HOA/POA controlled, the City of Fairhope does not regulate them nor offer any assistance those who move in and run into issues with their HOA/POA, etc.... and the City itself has beyond "crazy" its own building requirements, ordnance's and codes which a lot are not scientifically based- which lends itself to wide "interpretation" regarding complaints..... (see City Fairhope: http://www.cofairhope.com/city-government/ordinances-forms-reports & https://library.municode.com/al/fairhope/codes/code_of_ordinances ) !!! One should lso look up fines' and fees for planting wrong plants and trees at: https://library.municode.com/al/fairhope/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=COOR_CH20.5TRLA - "Chapter 20.5 - TREES AND LANDSCAPING!" One will simply be beyond appalled and could simply thinks a whole bunch of "druids' reside in this area...!!"- Quoted from Previos Thread]

Well I hope this assist's some folks greatly and would also highly recommend:

"A Message to Garcia: The Original 1899 Edition" by Elbert Hubbard at Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/a-...MI1OKwqOaR2wIVkDqBCh3sPw49EAQYAyABEgL2FPD_BwE

and

"A Message to Garcia" From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Message_to_Garcia

Also see "Spanish–American War" From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish–American_War

All kind of like Johnny Horton" song "John Paul Jones - Johnny Horton" at YouTube video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s58mlY1R6k

PS: See Johnny Horton at: "Johnny Horton" From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Horton

Attachments

Last edited:
data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">