VA disability increase question

DRUSCG91

Registered Member
I am currently rated at 10% and put in for an increase. since my initial rating, I was initially rated under the first gastro who only scoped my esophagus and told me to take omeprezole 40mg twice a day religiously. I changed gastros because the first one sucked and could not help me. This new gastro conducted a battery of tests, and diagnosed me with gastroparesis, a small hiatal hernia and esophaghitis and he put me on 60mg dexilant and amytriptiline for pain management. I submitted all this to the va and requested an increase. Has anyone had an experience with this? This GERD is making my life miserable.

I'm going through the same thing right now. I was rated 10% for GERD before i got med sep, had VA Ann Arbor, MI do a scope and they found hiatal hernia and took samples of my esophagus and found EOE so i requested increase for gerd and added hiatal hernia through ebenefits with the papers from my scope. Just waiting now.

I found out I have hostel hernia last year when I was in the ER for a Sep trip. Let us know what the va does. I am adding that to my va claim.

Don't forget GERD is presumptive for CRSC.