VA Ratings Completed Too Fast?

GSWarrior2017

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Am I reading this wrong? I'm AD Air Force being boarded for 6 unfitting conditions. Total, I have 22 conditions/claims, and after over 290 days of waiting my MEB/PEB package finally went to the VA on 5 SEP. On 6 SEP, the case status changed to "complete" and went historical on eBenefits. It states that my notification letter was mailed out on 6 SEP as well. Is this all too fast? One day? Is that even realistic with that many conditions (over half of those conditions being quite severe in nature)?

I was informed by my PEBLO yesterday that the VA now does a "preliminary" rating to the preliminary rating. In other words, they are ready before their 15 day window when they are supposed to do their thing at the board. So from what I was told, now they just apply the already prepped paperwork when the time comes.
This is word of mouth from my PEBLO so I have no verification on this.
Judging from what I have gathered on my timeline and hints I got from VA phone calls and other information, I would like to think this is true.

GSWarrior-
the VA starts working on there stuff as soon as all your C&P exam documents are in their system. so when the rest of the process is held up, the VA is still doing it's part. I had a hold up in that step also and the VA side was complete something like 2 days after it moved to "their step"

Wow, that is quick! I was counting on the VA to take a little longer so I can push my timeline enough to hit the 1/2 yr mark to get me to 10 yrs.

Wow, that is quick! I was counting on the VA to take a little longer so I can push my timeline enough to hit the 1/2 yr mark to get me to 10 yrs.

Understood. I can see how you'd want to hit that timeline. Though my package was only at the VA for a short time before it was marked complete and closed, I'm hoping that AFPC and the the Chief of the Disability Division make a fast and favorable final decision on my case. I'd like to get better medical treatment at my "home of selection" sooner than later.

On another note...

My VA case closed on 6 SEP. Contacted my MSC today to see if he could view and disclose my VA rating. He said he is not permitted to disclose that information to me--only the PEBLO can do that. Guess I still have to wait on that PEBLO phone call.

On another note...

My VA case closed on 6 SEP. Contacted my MSC today to see if he could view and disclose my VA rating. He said he is not permitted to disclose that information to me--only the PEBLO can do that. Guess I still have to wait on that PEBLO phone call.
That sucks. It seems like most do disclose the information but I guess you have a few around there that stick to the rules.

That sucks. It seems like most do disclose the information but I guess you have a few around there that stick to the rules.

Yeah. I agree. I thought to ask the MSC because so many people on here have had success doing so. It just depends on the MSC, I suppose. Well, I guess it's back to it then:

Ratings.jpg

Honestly man you could prolly call and have the VA fax you a copy of the ratings...Its been 10 days since the status has changed. Just depends on if you want to back door your MSC.

Honestly man you could prolly call and have the VA fax you a copy of the ratings...Its been 10 days since the status has changed. Just depends on if you want to back door your MSC.

Intriguing...I may give that a shot tomorrow. Thanks!

On another note...

How far away are you from your PEBLO? Mine is 2 1/2hrs away. Seems like a long time for them to sit on this type of information!

How far away are you from your PEBLO? Mine is 2 1/2hrs away. Seems like a long time for them to sit on this type of information!

She is about 8 minutes away from me.

She is about 8 minutes away from me.
How does she feel about drop ins? I'm that kind of person...I don't have the patience to wait on others when they hold the answers to my future in their hands. ; )

How does she feel about drop ins? I'm that kind of person...I don't have the patience to wait on others when they hold the answers to my future in their hands. ; )

Not sure. She is usually pretty awesome about everything. I emailed her about the status, she called me and told me that she would call me in as soon as she received the information from the VA.

Not sure. She is usually pretty awesome about everything. I emailed her about the status, she called me and told me that she would call me in as soon as she received the information from the VA.
Wow! Sounds like you have a rare PEBLO. That's good! If it were my PEBLO and she told me that I'd have little faith she would actually follow through.

Wow! Sounds like you have a rare PEBLO. That's good! If it were my PEBLO and she told me that I'd have little faith she would actually follow through.

She is quite proactive, very informative and seems to be the opposite of how I understood some PEBLOs to be. I mean, she actually calls me just to check on how I am doing and to see if I have any questions for the week! From the sounds of it, most people have trouble getting their PEBLO to respond to them, but for me that is a non-issue. She is candid and helpful--I honestly couldn't ask for a better PEBLO.

She is quite proactive, very informative and seems to be the opposite of how I understood some PEBLOs to be. I mean, she actually calls me just to check on how I am doing and to see if I have any questions for the week! From the sounds of it, most people have trouble getting their PEBLO to respond to them, but for me that is a non-issue. She is candid and helpful--I honestly couldn't ask for a better PEBLO.
Wow, that is impressive! My PEBLO isn't the worst as far as I've seen from other's posts, but she definitely is not very responsive. My 618 sat on her desk for over a month. When I finally asked about it she didn't have it. I had to sign another one. I didn't mind the long wait...I was trying to push my timeline to the right anyways.

So, no word yet on your ratings?

Wow, that is impressive! My PEBLO isn't the worst as far as I've seen from other's posts, but she definitely is not very responsive. My 618 sat on her desk for over a month. When I finally asked about it she didn't have it. I had to sign another one. I didn't mind the long wait...I was trying to push my timeline to the right anyways.

So, no word yet on your ratings?

Well now that you mention it, I got called in to the PEBLO's office this morning for my 1180, 356 and ratings!

It's official: I am rated at 100% VA (Permanent and Total) and 60% DoD PDRL! I can only hope that you will hear about yours soon!

Well now that you mention it, I got called in to the PEBLO's office this morning for my 1180, 356 and ratings!

It's official: I am rated at 100% VA (Permanent and Total) and 60% DoD PDRL! I can only hope that you will hear about yours soon!
Congratulations!! That must be a great feeling of relief to finally get your ratings. I'm so happy for you!! When is your final out date?

Congratulations!! That must be a great feeling of relief to finally get your ratings. I'm so happy for you!! When is your final out date?

A great relief for sure! I am not sure on the dates yet. They got my PDTY authorization amount from my Commander, added up my leave balance and then sent the request for retirement orders up to AFPC this morning. I'll find out what date they calculated based off of my leave and update as soon as I find out. If I had to guess, they would give me a retirement date of about 90 days from now. But with leave I'd be leaving late next month.