VA ratings during MEB Timeline

babygirlvannah

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hi question how long did you wait on average for ratings to come back in the Meb process ? And how soon after for orders ? Its been 4 weeks and nothing seems to be moving forward

Four weeks is way to short to be thinking things should be resolved. Look at the many timelines posted on this website and you will discover the process is much longer.

Best wishes
MDG

In the new Pilot program with IDES it is supposed to be much quicker .. We have turn arounds from 7-16 days with people that started at the same time as I did

My package just got sent to peb on oct 26 and I'm still waiting on my unfit/fit findings from what I been hearing and seeing it depends on each case my peblo told me 4 months

Narsum signed Oct 19 Unfit Memo back Oct 24 I guess that was very quick turn around. I called Va today and was told they are backlogged and that the papers are in Step 6 (decision approval ) fingers crossed for quick turn around

Narsum signed Oct 19 Unfit Memo back Oct 24 I guess that was very quick turn around. I called Va today and was told they are backlogged and that the papers are in Step 6 (decision approval ) fingers crossed for quick turn around
Wow that was really quick...what was your claim if you don't mind me asking

Ebenifits for me changed today from pending decision approval back to gathering of evidence I was found unfit 28oct when I talked to the va about the 2 status changes in one day they said my proposed letter was mailed out today. What I want to know is what happens after i know what my ratings are. I want to be done with this already. I'm active army btw

Ebenifits for me changed today from pending decision approval back to gathering of evidence I was found unfit 28oct when I talked to the va about the 2 status changes in one day they said my proposed letter was mailed out today. What I want to know is what happens after i know what my ratings are. I want to be done with this already. I'm active army btw
Im in the same boat hoping for ratings any day Unfit Memo was Oct 24 . Supposedly after you signand accept the ratings Transition contacts you and than cut orders (also ARMY)

same thing here. But nothing in historical claims =(

I am also Army thought everything was moving along fine got my unfit memo within 72hrs within 2 weeks pending decision approval then BAM! went back to gathering of evidence and stuck there.

By process is outlined below. It really depends how good your PEBLO is during the process.

Man all of your packets are moving fast it seems like mine is standing still would like to know some kind of information the wait is killing me. I started the process in May timeline in signature area. mine is at the PEB currently waiting on DOD ratings. I am Army also so hopefully not much longer.

ok so i got my men packet yesterday nov 30 2016 but it didn't come with my ratings. Is Jag going to tell me what they are? my pebloe said something about a new PEB system, so is that who gives me my ratings?

Ok so I got my men packet yesterday nov 30 2016 but it didn't come with my ratings. Is Jag going to tell me what they are? My peblo said something about a new PEB system, so is that who gives me my ratings? I thought when you get your narsum and whatever the docs found you get your ratings.

Ok so I got my men packet yesterday nov 30 2016 but it didn't come with my ratings. Is Jag going to tell me what they are? My peblo said something about a new PEB system, so is that who gives me my ratings? I thought when you get your narsum and whatever the docs found you get your ratings.

From the sound of it, you are in the very beginning stages. The MEB packet needs to be sent off to the PEB for determination of fit or unfit and then if unfit, sent off to the VA. Then ratings will be worked on. The NARSUM is nothing more than to help the PEB decide whether you are fit or unfit. The entire packet consists of many things that will help in making determinations and ratings. You aren't that far yet it sounds like. The entire package has to come together before it can be sent off and they were probably waiting on your NARSUM. It took them 5 months to write mine. So it went no where for 5 months. Good luck!

Last edited:
The ratings don't come with the narsum, they will be with the IPEB findings.

Hi question how long did you wait on average for ratings to come back in the Meb process ? And how soon after for orders ? Its been 4 weeks and nothing seems to be moving forward
started my Board back in April dude. Just got my official ratings back from Peb Dec. 2nd. Signed for them and waiting for someone to contact me and pick discharge date.