VA Ratings

KusterTZ

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I was found unfit earlier in December. Now my IDES dashboard is updated with the completion of the VA ratings. Is this the part where they send out a decision letter? When do I get This? Also, how long does it take to get the DA 199 from this point? Thanks everyone.

Yes you do. It takes about a week to get your decision letter from the VA. As far as your DA199, probably about two weeks after the VA has closed your claim. But, you have to take the holidays into consideration.

My VA claim was closed on Dec 6th. A week later I received my brown envlope. Dec 18th my PEBlO sent me my DA 199. Tomorrow is my suspense date to sign my DA 199.

My VA claim was closed on Dec 6th. A week later I received my brown envlope. Dec 18th my PEBlO sent me my DA 199. Tomorrow is my suspense date to sign my DA 199.

Thank you for the clarification. I'm hoping everything comes out fine so no appeals are needed to slow this down.

Well, I am waiting to hear back from the attorney. The PEB used my rating from 2015 instead of the current rating the VA gave me.

Thanks. I am hoping that you get the results that you desire.

Indeed it is.
My va ratings were done December 29th . Now I’m waiting on the peb i assume . I was hoping to be out by early March due to school . What are your views about this ? How long does the da 199 usually take ?

That's good. It should take about two weeks for your PEBLO to contact you. Are you on active duty? If so , make sure you sit down with your PEBLO and go over your DA199.

That's good. It should take about two weeks for your PEBLO to contact you. Are you on active duty? If so , make sure you sit down with your PEBLO and go over your DA199.
Yes I’m active duty . And so maybe next week then?

My va ratings were done December 29th . Now I’m waiting on the peb i assume . I was hoping to be out by early March due to school . What are your views about this ? How long does the da 199 usually take ?

VA ratings done the 29th also. Been checking the mail everyday

It will come when you least expect it to. You should be able to go on ebenefits and see what they rated you.

I am. Legal has asked my PEBLO for an extension on my DA199. The VA rated me @ 50%, but the PEB is given me 30%. So, legal is trying to figure out if they want to appeal my rating. This has been one of the most stressful times of my life.

I am. Legal has asked my PEBLO for an extension on my DA199. The VA rated me @ 50%, but the PEB is given me 30%. So, legal is trying to figure out if they want to appeal my rating. This has been one of the most stressful times of my life.

Yea it’s very stressful . Just ready for everything to be done