Wait for VA Ratings

thomasbeasley

Registered Member
Hello,

Found out today that I was “unofficially” found unfit. Won’t be official until a couple of days when it gets through the post adjudication stage. For those who were found unfit recently, how long is your wait to get the ratings back from the VA?

Thank you.

thomasbeasley

Registered Member
Were you able to see in ebenefits or vets.gov when the VA received your package from the PEB? And how many conditions did you have total? I heard that makes a difference.

USMC.JCA

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I wouldn't have known that my package was sent to the VA just by ebenefits and vets.gov. I only knew because my MSC called me. I didn't have very many conditions compared to others, I think I have close to 15.

BlinkingPanda

Registered Member
I have been waiting close to 20 days. My Ebenefits has said "Pending Decision Approval" for close to 20 days now with the development letter being sent out on the 20th.

Jaynavy

Registered Member
I found out i was unofficialy unfit today, and it was sent to the VA. Been there for about 5 days now. Thomas we are in the same boat. When did your packet hit DC?

thomasbeasley

Registered Member
I found out i was unofficialy unfit today, and it was sent to the VA. Been there for about 5 days now. Thomas we are in the same boat. When did your packet hit DC?
Mine was sent on 27 September. Mine is at the end of the post adjudication phase, but mine should hit the VA later this week. I think they’re going through packages pretty quick now.

When was yours?

bleacherspy

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Depends on your condition and how many folks they have to look at that particular thing.

thomasbeasley

Registered Member
So I called the PEB back today. After 14 days in QA, the civilian, Jeff, said, "Dude, I just sent yours off to the VA 20 minutes ago." So I'm relieved there.

However, I called my PEBLO to see if it's updated in her system yet. She said no. So does the system not update until the VA has sent the ratings back to the PEB, and then the PEB back to the PEBLO? The reason I ask is because I'm trying to apply for SSDI and would love to have something saying I was found unfit by the PEB in my package.

Any thoughts or insight?

USMC.JCA

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I had called the PEB on the 19th and they said they sent it to the VA, but the VA didn't acknowledge that they received it until the 20th. I didn't hear from my PEBLO at all about it. I think there's a lag between when the PEB sends it and when the VA's system updates.

thomasbeasley

Registered Member
How did you contact them? Did you call or use the chat feature? So you think in a couple of days I can ask the VA if they received it?

Did your eBenefits or Vets.gov change when they accepted your case?

Primary Alternate

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
What number are you all calling to get the PEB folks? I thought the PEBLO would have a massive heart attack trying to prevent us from contacting anyone but them. I like staying on top of my own stuff especially when itpersonally affects me and my family.

USMC.JCA

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I used the chat feature and also called my MSC. My MSC is the one who told me it was received at the VA on 10/20. Ebennies and vets.gov didn't really change until my case was in the QA phase at the VA.

Primary Alternate

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
What exactly did you tell them on the VA chat to have them tell you your findings? I don't know if my package has left PEB yet. Been a week and half so probably not.

USMC.JCA

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The chat feature won't necessarily tell you your findings. They just will tell you if they received your package from the PEB and if they are working on ratings. I still don't know what my actual proposed ratings are. The VA finished my proposed ratings on November 3rd.