Wait for VA Ratings

thomasbeasley

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Sgt zo, yes. I completed my C&P exams. My package has already been through the PEB.

All, for some reason, the VA's system isn't updating. Been there since earlier this week and their system still shows that they received my C&P exams back in September, but nothing on the PEB. Anyone else have this issue? Already have confirmation from the PEB that my package was sent to the VA.

USMC.JCA

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Sgt zo, yes. I completed my C&P exams. My package has already been through the PEB.

All, for some reason, the VA's system isn't updating. Been there since earlier this week and their system still shows that they received my C&P exams back in September, but nothing on the PEB. Anyone else have this issue? Already have confirmation from the PEB that my package was sent to the VA.
Mine never updated when they received it from the PEB. It only reflected the dates they received it when my claim closed and the second claim opened, and that didn't happen until they completed my ratings.

thomasbeasley

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I meant as far as when you call or chat with the VA. I've seen some people on here get confirmation that the VA has received their package.

Sgt zo

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
As for ebenefits, I've been retired since May and my info is still not updated. I've been receiving my compensation since August. Don't be concerned with what their systems say. They are behind.

thomasbeasley

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Okay. Well, I'm just at a point where I'm kind of tired of waiting. I'll just let it happen and when it happens...it will happen. They really don't make this process easy for people, especially those dealing with MH issues. Almost makes the process not worth it.

thomasbeasley

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Finally heard back from the VA. I got a letter saying I had to resubmit the disability form since the C&P doc added a few things to the exam. However, it didn't matter. I contacted the VA Rep and they said I got a proposed 100% disability from the VA. I'm so overwhelmed with joy. Just have to wait for it to clear the PEB and I sign my findings. He couldn't see if I was permanent or temporary, but I'm sure it's temporary. He said he couldn't email me the proposed sheet, but I'll be fine for just waiting until I get it in the mail or sign my findings. Hell, the extra 5 disabilities that got added will just make it easier in case some things fall off as time goes on.

LeftStick

Registered Member
I was told by the PEEBLO that I had been found unfit in late November and I am still waiting on the VA ratings. Did anyone else have two or 2.5 months on ratings? What does that mean? The only thing that I’ve been told is that they’re call me when they hear something.

kaylahershh

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I was told by the PEEBLO that I had been found unfit in late November and I am still waiting on the VA ratings. Did anyone else have two or 2.5 months on ratings? What does that mean? The only thing that I’ve been told is that they’re call me when they hear something.
Mine was at the VA from Oct 5th-Dec 8th so you aren’t alone in waiting for the VA for what feels like forever. And since the holidays just happened is probably why yours has been there for so long

LeftStick

Registered Member
Mine was at the VA from Oct 5th-Dec 8th so you aren’t alone in waiting for the VA for what feels like forever. And since the holidays just happened is probably why yours has been there for so long
That makes sense. I’m just getting frustrated since by the time the whole process is over, I will have been doing this for almost a year and a half.

thomasbeasley

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
LeftStick, my case was sent to the VA in late November, and the ratings were done on December 7. I waited weeks to see if the PEB received my things. PEBLO said, "Looks normal to me" that my stuff wasn't logged back into the PEB system. Come to find out, VA never sent my stuff back over to the PEB. Found this out after my 3rd attempt in calling the PEB directly. Called during lunch time in DC and a LT picked up the phone. He did some investigating and found this out. He put a request in to have the VA send my things over. As of a week ago, the PEB has my stuff. PEBLO is saying about 2 weeks, while the PEB directly said about 25 days. So it all just depends.

My point is, try to keep on top of things. If you see that your case was closed on eBenefits and it's been a few weeks and you haven't heard anything. I would call the PEB directly and see if it was ever sent back from the VA.

I started my process back in July (would have been sooner, but had to fly down to San Diego for an evaluation after I finished an outpatient treatment program). So far, it's been 7 months total of waiting. By the time I'm out, it will be close to 9. I think I'm moving quicker than most. So just keep on track of things and make sure people are doing their job. Don't let people just push you aside.

Danny2425

Registered Member
Hi guys I’m new to the Forum. @Thomas Beasley sorry to hear that it’s taking so long (hurry up and wait) at it’s best. My package was sent off in September my ratings are done and it’s on the final QA phase it’s been there since December 26th. I called DC today and talked with a sergeant they are backed logged 500 cases due to a shutdown, a couple snow days and leave. This is credible info I received today. It’s looking like they are going through 60-70 cases a week. I was #61 and I was told it should be done by Friday. I would assume the VA might be the same.

thomasbeasley

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Wow. Who would have thought it would come to this. Shutdown affecting everything. So your stuff was sent on the 26th. So it's looking like about the 25 day wait I was told last week.

That's good yours should be done by Friday. Ours was sent off around the same time. I honestly should have had my findings by now, but mistakes happen. There are a lot of things going on.

Let us know when you receive your final findings, man! Would like to hear so we can start judging timeframes.

Danny2425

Registered Member
Definitely, hopefully everyone gets theirs by the 8th of February if applicable. It looks like there is another shutdown on the horizon.

HEKETR42

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
DOES ANYONE KNOWS IF Final Pay and severance pay will be two different pay check deposited to the bank. Reason I asking is because my final and severance pay was received but when I reach DFAS for the taxes withheld they told me that everything was paid but when I do the math its doesn't make any sense. will I receive an statement with the details on how my pay ????

Last edited:

Danny2425

Registered Member
HEKETR42 my best guest is you will get 1 last LES. Whenever a service member is given pay there has to be an LES with it. So you should see exactly what came out and where any taxes are money withheld went.

Danny2425

Registered Member
Findings came in Today!!
10% Dod
80% VA
Signing findings tomorrow at 9 choosing to med sep 60 days from tomorrow. 30 days on the books 5 days Job hunting and house hunting. 2 weeks to check out and route proper chits.

LISA1

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
LeftStick, my case was sent to the VA in late November, and the ratings were done on December 7. I waited weeks to see if the PEB received my things. PEBLO said, "Looks normal to me" that my stuff wasn't logged back into the PEB system. Come to find out, VA never sent my stuff back over to the PEB. Found this out after my 3rd attempt in calling the PEB directly. Called during lunch time in DC and a LT picked up the phone. He did some investigating and found this out. He put a request in to have the VA send my things over. As of a week ago, the PEB has my stuff. PEBLO is saying about 2 weeks, while the PEB directly said about 25 days. So it all just depends.

My point is, try to keep on top of things. If you see that your case was closed on eBenefits and it's been a few weeks and you haven't heard anything. I would call the PEB directly and see if it was ever sent back from the VA.

I started my process back in July (would have been sooner, but had to fly down to San Diego for an evaluation after I finished an outpatient treatment program). So far, it's been 7 months total of waiting. By the time I'm out, it will be close to 9. I think I'm moving quicker than most. So just keep on track of things and make sure people are doing their job. Don't let people just push you aside.
Any update on your case?

thomasbeasley

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Any update on your case?
LISA1, everything was finished yesterday. I went and signed my paperwork due to me going to TGPS next week. 70% DoD and 100% VA. I picked a retirement date of 28 April 2018. Takes 2 to 4 weeks to get orders. I have HHG and have to relocate my wife and I, so the more time I can get, the better. 20 days of leave and 20 days PTDY will get me out of San Diego around the middle of March.

I never really kept track of my dates, but I know I started the MEB process in July 2017. C&P exams were complete in early August. Signed my findings in maybe September? Not too sure. Package was sent and received beginning of October. Found out unfit from PEB in November. VA completed my proposed ratings in December, but never sent them back to the PEB. Took me to speaking to an LT who randomly answered the phone in DC to get them to investigate and find this out. PEB received my package from VA in middle January. Just got findings on Friday. So a total of 7 months for me. But that is with me being annoying and persistent as possible. My case went pretty quickly. Not sure if that was due to my overwhelming medical evidence, or the fact I was persistent.

My suggestion is that even though there are thousands of people going through this, don't let your case linger. Stay on top of everything. Make sure your NMA gets done. Make sure your C&P exams are complete. Don't let the VA try to bully you to multiple appointments. They can fit you in to get it done quicker...you almost have to bargain with them.

Plan ahead. If you want to stay in, plan that way. If you want to get out, plan that way. Know what is coming. Your doctor and VA doc during the C&P exam should give you an idea of what they will recommend. You have the option of an IMR (to have an outside doctor write and recommend things concerning your case). If you want to get out, make sure your NMA states this from your chain of command. Your ability to do your work in your grade determines a lot. If you're a BM still doing BM work, chances might not be in your favor.

It's all a words game. The medical board in DC does not know who you are. You are just a piece of paper. So whatever they read, that's what they will think. If you're unsure, write a personal statement to the board expressing concerns--no matter if you want to stay in or get out.

And last but not least, like I said before, stay on top of things. Make sure no one is sitting on anything. There are thousands going through this, so the only person who can give you the attention needed is you. The sooner you get the beginning stages done, the better. Most of this process is waiting. Waiting is never good, but it's worth it in the end.

If I had sat around and let PEBLOs tell me, "Nothings wrong with your case" without investigating, I still wouldn't have my findings today. It's your career and it's your life.

thomasbeasley

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Any update on your case?
LISA1,

Also to anyone reading this.

Best advice on top of what I said earlier is the try to relax. It WILL take time. No need to go on eBenefits everyday or stay glued to this forum. These forums are good for information, but I learned about halfway through that it's better to focus on other things than your case. Do what you can, then just move on for the day. I spent most of my time at first worrying 24/7 about my case. It did more harm to me than good. Good things come to those who wait.

Just stay positive.

Any news on your case?

LISA1

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
LISA1,

Also to anyone reading this.

Best advice on top of what I said earlier is the try to relax. It WILL take time. No need to go on eBenefits everyday or stay glued to this forum. These forums are good for information, but I learned about halfway through that it's better to focus on other things than your case. Do what you can, then just move on for the day. I spent most of my time at first worrying 24/7 about my case. It did more harm to me than good. Good things come to those who wait.

Just stay positive.

Any news on your case?
Thanks great you finally got your finding back. I’m in finally straight Of The PEB process I call the PEB office last week they received my package on the 25th of January from the VA so just waiting on the Q&A stage to be complete. I received 100% P&T from the VA. Once I found out I was unfit my stress level when down. I have everything set up to attend college in the fall. This forum has been very helpful with getting a understanding of the PEB process and the timeline.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">