Wait for VA Ratings

thomasbeasley

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Thanks great you finally got your finding back. I’m in finally straight Of The PEB process I call the PEB office last week they received my package on the 25th of January from the VA so just waiting on the Q&A stage to be complete. I received 100% P&T from the VA. Once I found out I was unfit my stress level when down. I have everything set up to attend college in the fall. This forum has been very helpful with getting a understanding of the PEB process and the timeline.
Mine was received on 16 January, so we're about a week apart. You should, based on mine, be getting yours within the next week. Congrats (if that's appropriate) on getting P&T. I know the feeling of being relieved. I would just recommend picking a retirement date towards the end of the month. Your pay will start the month after the next one. So for me, I picked 28 April. I should start getting paid 1 June. Had I selected something like 9 May (the maximum date I could have picked), I wouldn't have gotten paid until 1 July. But your PEBLO will go over this with you when you sign your findings.

mykedeee

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Thanks great you finally got your finding back. I’m in finally straight Of The PEB process I call the PEB office last week they received my package on the 25th of January from the VA so just waiting on the Q&A stage to be complete. I received 100% P&T from the VA. Once I found out I was unfit my stress level when down. I have everything set up to attend college in the fall. This forum has been very helpful with getting a understanding of the PEB process and the timeline.
They received my paper work on the 23rd for the Q&A PHASE I received my results Friday at 1605 west coast time. You should have yours by the beginning of the week

LISA1

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
26SEP17 MEB referred
29NOV17 Package sent to PEB
01DEC17 PEB received package
05JAN18 VA received PEB request for ratings
17JAN18 VA completed historical case
18JAN18 VA send decision letter
25JAN18 called VA they said I have to wait 10 days to received by proposed finding so on the 29th I will call if I don't get anything in the mail.
25JAN18 PEB received package from the VA
29JAN18 VA faxed my proposed finding 100% VA
01FEB18 called PEB my package is in Q&A stage it could take up to a month, but they have been processing the packages faster so it could be two weeks from the 25JAN18.
22FEB 18 DOD 30%PDRL VA 100% P&T

b00b00mi

Registered Member
Hi guys I’m new to the Forum. @Thomas Beasley sorry to hear that it’s taking so long (hurry up and wait) at it’s best. My package was sent off in September my ratings are done and it’s on the final QA phase it’s been there since December 26th. I called DC today and talked with a sergeant they are backed logged 500 cases due to a shutdown, a couple snow days and leave. This is credible info I received today. It’s looking like they are going through 60-70 cases a week. I was #61 and I was told it should be done by Friday. I would assume the VA might be the same.
What number did you call for DC? I was found UNFIT on Dec 22nd and im still waiting for my ratings back, my MEBLO told me i should sign my va ratings by feb 14th and when that didnt happen i went to the PEBLOS and they said 1-2months after you are found unfit.

thomasbeasley

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
What number did you call for DC? I was found UNFIT on Dec 22nd and im still waiting for my ratings back, my MEBLO told me i should sign my va ratings by feb 14th and when that didnt happen i went to the PEBLOS and they said 1-2months after you are found unfit.
How did you know you were found unfit? (202) 685-6422 should get you through. It could take a month to two months for the VA to do their part with the ratings. Then they have to send them back to the PEB and they do their QA phase. Calling the PEB could at least tell you if it's still with the VA, or if they received it back yet.

mykedeee

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So I requested March 22nd to be my retirement date, PERS sent the message out for my PDRL to be retired on May 29th but PSD hasn’t cut the orders why did they move my date that far ahead? Any idea?

mykedeee

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Nothing seems to be showing up in your timeline. You may have to adjust your settings so your signature block shows up every time.
So I requested March 22nd to be my retirement date, PERS sent the message out for my PDRL to be retired on May 29th but PSD hasn’t cut the orders why did they move my date that far ahead? Any idea?

tbone

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Do you have Leave? I believe they add 20 days PTDY and 20 days out-processing (30+30 for OCONUS) + any leave you have.

mykedeee

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Yeah I have some leave saved up but not a bunch prolly like 15 days, and I didn’t know about the 20 out processing days, you can take that in conjunction with your PRDY and leave?

thomasbeasley

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Yeah I have some leave saved up but not a bunch prolly like 15 days, and I didn’t know about the 20 out processing days, you can take that in conjunction with your PRDY and leave?
They won't add leave, and you don't get days to out process (I'm a YN). The whole "out process" thing is usually when someone gets sent from an OCONUS command to Bango for separation. If you separate CONUS (which I assume most people will), you just submit your separation package to PSD for your final orders. Did you communicate 22 March when you signed your findings? It's possible PERS couldn't accomplish getting you out by then. I would call your PEBLO and figure things out. Worst case you have to call PERS and get it fixed. But I would think the end of May would be nice. If you have leave saved and PTDY, that will take a chunk out of that.

thomasbeasley

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Or maybe I should clarify. Out processing that you may be referencing to is the 10 days that a command has to separate you (when you get ADSEP). If not, then your out processing time is during your normal duty time prior to going on PTDY/terminal.

Talk to your PEBLO and they should be able to explain what happened. If not, there's a number for PERS in your packet you should have gotten from your PEBLO that explains everything; call that number and discuss. That would be my best suggestion coming from an Admin person.

When you wrote 22 March, did you write it 22 Mar? It could have scanned badly and PERS thought May. PERS has been known to change the date to either a few days earlier to later (they are aware of the "money game" involved with picking towards the end of the month). Just need clarification.

mykedeee

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Or maybe I should clarify. Out processing that you may be referencing to is the 10 days that a command has to separate you (when you get ADSEP). If not, then your out processing time is during your normal duty time prior to going on PTDY/terminal.

Talk to your PEBLO and they should be able to explain what happened. If not, there's a number for PERS in your packet you should have gotten from your PEBLO that explains everything; call that number and discuss. That would be my best suggestion coming from an Admin person.

When you wrote 22 March, did you write it 22 Mar? It could have scanned badly and PERS thought May. PERS has been known to change the date to either a few days earlier to later (they are aware of the "money game" involved with picking towards the end of the month). Just need clarification.
Yes I wrote 22Mar and I’m kicking myself in the head for it right now lol I’m trying to get ahold of my PEBLO right now to figure it out and if there is anything I can do about it, what are the odds of PERS changing the date if I get ahold of them?

thomasbeasley

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Not sure. Shouldn't be too hard. Might just be another wait for a new authorization message. I would just go try to call and see what happens! Never know!

I know my PEBLO said that if I get a date I didn't select to contact PERS directly. So I would suggest that and see what comes of it!

thomasbeasley

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Yes I wrote 22Mar and I’m kicking myself in the head for it right now lol I’m trying to get ahold of my PEBLO right now to figure it out and if there is anything I can do about it, what are the odds of PERS changing the date if I get ahold of them?
Any luck on contacting someone to change your date?

mykedeee

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Not sure. Shouldn't be too hard. Might just be another wait for a new authorization message. I would just go try to call and see what happens! Never know!

I know my PEBLO said that if I get a date I didn't select to contact PERS directly. So I would suggest that and see what comes of it!
Any luck on contacting someone to change your date?
nah no luck, I left a message with one of the PERS guys and no call back, I got my separation package today and I’ll be on terminal on april 16th...it’s close so I’m ok with it

b00b00mi

Registered Member
Does anybody know a number to call the people that produce your separation orders/message? And about how long after you sign your findings do you receive your orders?

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">