Waiting on Orders...how long does it take?

AFLady4

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Ok, I know this topic has been in the forum, but it seems to ebb and flow. Anyone know what the current wait time is for orders?

Same here, my PEBLO said it could be done in a day or up to two weeks which will be Friday for me. Although when I emailed him to see if my leadership could call to inquire the status he refused to give me a POC and said if it took more than a couple weeks he will call for a status. Although if he is correct on the date of sep he gave me my final out will be at the beginning of Dec so I am getting a little nervous on the orders.

Same here, my PEBLO said it could be done in a day or up to two weeks which will be Friday for me. Although when I emailed him to see if my leadership could call to inquire the status he refused to give me a POC and said if it took more than a couple weeks he will call for a status. Although if he is correct on the date of sep he gave me my final out will be at the beginning of Dec so I am getting a little nervous on the orders.
Me, too! Did you get 28 Jan as your out date? That's what I'm banking on so I'm getting really nervous, too. Plus, I'm outside the Air Force arena. I'm on loan to DCMA so I have 2 out-processings I need to do, and the closest AFB to me is a minimum 2 1/2 hrs away so I need some time to get up there to work with their finance office!

Yep! That’s the date my peblo gave me so that’s what I have been planning on. Your situation is even more difficult than mine, I really hope they get their stuff together and issue orders soon. I plan on also emailing my Peblo Monday to see if he can give them a call.

I called the total service number, which was way more helpful than my PEBLO. They would call the separations office that was actually cutting my orders and get updates.

I called the total service number, which was way more helpful than my PEBLO. They would call the separations office that was actually cutting my orders and get updates.

Awesome! Thank you for the info, I’ll try that Monday. Based off the date they give me I have a little over three weeks till my final out and I’m getting a little nervous.

Awesome! Thank you for the info, I’ll try that Monday. Based off the date they give me I have a little over three weeks till my final out and I’m getting a little nervous.
I got mine about a week after my final out so I know the feeling. I did everything except my final out appointment without orders in hand.

Just got an email from my PEBLO. She called my case manager, and I should have orders in hand by the end of this week. My DOS is 28 Jan so I need to start getting things done. Anyone have advice on how to set up my household goods move without orders in hand?

I got mine about a week after my final out so I know the feeling. I did everything except my final out appointment without orders in hand.

Well thats good news! Hopefully they will get it done by Friday! My PEBLO emailed my case manager yesterday but i still havent heard of anything.. unfortunately my TMO said they meed atleast 3 weeks notice to pick up my furniture but just FYI i called the MPF and had them lod my outprocessing checklist with the projected terminal leave/DOS so i can start getting things done even though i dont have orders and they had no problem doing that.

Mine took about a month but that wasn't a problem, you can do most of your outprocessing without orders.