Went to mental health a year ago and discontinued treatment, should I go back?

jamerslong

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I went to Mental health a year ago because I was really depressed. It hasent gotten alot better but I have been managing it for years.

I suffer from anxiety attacks on an almost daily basis and I cant interact with other people due to the way my first unit interacted way back. It really did a number on me. I kind of just hid these problems and said that the workplace was just stressing me out due to low manpower and the extreme changes in the unit. The Psychiatrist said she thought I had Major depressive disorder and wanted to get a Psych eval done on me... 2 months passed and nothing was done about it. she wasnt helpful and I stopped going as it only made things worse. I was able to function ok working in different units but the flip side was their supervision was way worse. I was going to try to go to that other unit when I left office duty but they combined which is when everything went to hell in a hand basket.

Now I am getting Med boarded and my future is uncertain. I am freaking out and have broken down every day. I need help managing these problems the military caused me but I don't want to get kicked out for something else if my medboard goes over fine. I also dont want to get screwed over for not seeking help. If I get discharged will I get a Psych Eval as part of the review? or do I have to take it upon myself? Can I request Mental Health care after a decision has been made? the Mental health facility also reserves the right to refuse treatment because of missed appointments and I skipped a couple. which I think is unethical but I dont want to have to cry suicide to get help... Iv'e been there on 3 occasions (not visits) and every time I felt like it was a complete waste. Everytime I asked for an off base referral they looked at me dumb and said they didn't know what to do.

I cant even go out with family, I have no friends, my relationship with my wife even feels alien. It's been the worst ever since my last deployment 2 years ago. My grandmother died while I was deplaoyed and my shop was 2 deep. Me and the other guy. The other guy was a bag of crap. 5 months stuck with picking up after him while my OIC was breathing down my neck and my chain of command did nothing to correct him. it was like being a POW. in all that mix my Anxiety and inability to socialize left me with nobody to talk to and working with people I barely knew. I met my co worker when I got there.