What is going on with my VA ratings/Should I be worried?

UPDATE: so I got my ratings on the 30th accepted them and I am now waiting on the PDA acceptance/NLT date/Orders

Congrats! My ratings were sent out on Friday as well, still haven't heard from my PEBLO.

UPDATE: so I got my ratings on the 30th accepted them and I am now waiting on the PDA acceptance/NLT date/Orders

Congrats man, what did you end up with?

Thank you, I ended up with 20% DOD 80% VA. I'm not trying to fight for the 30% because I was only referred for my shoulder, and I don't think I could get 30% out of it.

Thank you, I ended up with 20% DOD 80% VA. I'm not trying to fight for the 30% because I was only referred for my shoulder, and I don't think I could get 30% out of it.

I thought the same thing but I continued to fight for the medical retirement. My disability worsen over time and that gave me the additional documentation needed for a higher percentage while appealing at each step. I don't blame you if you don't though. It's been a mental roller coaster going step by step, just waiting to hear something.

I also only ended up with 20% DOD and 90% VA. My husband said I needed to fight for the 30% or I never would have done it myself. Now I'm glad I did because I went and did the formal hearing and they ended up giving me 50% DOD. Now I'm just waiting for my VARR to be complete(according to the VA it is, and they granted me a proposed rating of 100%). However, I have not heard that officially from the Army and am getting frustrated because I know it's done.

I am at a time crunch as it is for job opportunities, so unfortunately I did not fight for the 30%. I'm sure later in life I will regret not fighting for it, but at this moment in time it was the best decision for me and my family. Also I have had such a horrible experience with this whole IDES system that I honestly couldn't imagine basically going through it again to up the percentage. Another thing is my major disability was my mental health, and the army would not cover it so I honestly just gave up at that point. Congratulations to you both for your new ratings!

I also only ended up with 20% DOD and 90% VA. My husband said I needed to fight for the 30% or I never would have done it myself. Now I'm glad I did because I went and did the formal hearing and they ended up giving me 50% DOD. Now I'm just waiting for my VARR to be complete(according to the VA it is, and they granted me a proposed rating of 100%). However, I have not heard that officially from the Army and am getting frustrated because I know it's done.

Wow! Going from 20 to 50, and a VA of 90 to 100 is absolutely huge! How did you manage that?

UPDATE: I called the VA on Friday and they completed my proposed ratings. I have not heard from my PEBLO, so I guess the waiting for my ratings begins... On e benefits my status changed to gathering of evidence, and they need my DD214. I checked VETS.Gov, and it showed a new claim that was closed and I guess that's what they do when they complete the proposed ratings.

Who did you call?

Wow! Going from 20 to 50, and a VA of 90 to 100 is absolutely huge! How did you manage that?[/QUOTE
My lawyer initially thought that I would get at least 30% for what I was referred for. When it came back as only 20% DOD, I used the formal board option to move two of my disabilities that were currently "fit for duty" to "unfit for duty". I had a lot of ground work to do, going to doctors, collecting additional medical records, acquiring multiple letters from my chain of command and previous supervisors all providing evidence that those two disabilities should be considered "unfit for duty". I had a different lawyer for the formal board (provided by IDES legal out of FT Knox) and he was really great. Very competent and thorough. At the board in Virginia, I was given a chance to basically tell my story through the questions asked by my lawyer, the board members and the supporting evidence. I do not believe I would have been granted that percentage had I not shown up in person to the formal board. If anyone is thinking about using that as an option, I highly recommend it. After being granted what I asked for at the board, I also put in for a VA ratings reconsideration. I have not yet seen my 199, but through an inquiry from the VA, I was informed that my proposed ratings were 100%. It has been a long and frustrating process, but in the end, it has all been worth it.

Yes it is definitely a process but you came out on top! Very happy for you. I may be in a similar boat. My IDES attorney said his estimate is that I will only get 20% for my referred condition so he has already had me start gathering ammunition for a formal appeal. He did tell me that the formal appeal can be done over the phone instead of going to VA but said the best results are achieved in person like you said was your experience. I know the iPEB has found me unfit but I haven't heard anything about possible percentages yet.... My MEB tracker shows that my file is at VA for ratings for about a month now. I hope to hear something before too long.

Yes it is definitely a process but you came out on top! Very happy for you. I may be in a similar boat. My IDES attorney said his estimate is that I will only get 20% for my referred condition so he has already had me start gathering ammunition for a formal appeal. He did tell me that the formal appeal can be done over the phone instead of going to VA but said the best results are achieved in person like you said was your experience. I know the iPEB has found me unfit but I haven't heard anything about possible percentages yet.... My MEB tracker shows that my file is at VA for ratings for about a month now. I hope to hear something before too long.[/
Yes it is definitely a process but you came out on top! Very happy for you. I may be in a similar boat. My IDES attorney said his estimate is that I will only get 20% for my referred condition so he has already had me start gathering ammunition for a formal appeal. He did tell me that the formal appeal can be done over the phone instead of going to VA but said the best results are achieved in person like you said was your experience. I know the iPEB has found me unfit but I haven't heard anything about possible percentages yet.... My MEB tracker shows that my file is at VA for ratings for about a month now. I hope to hear something before too long.

Just as an aside, I know it's not entirely accurate, but I have never, not once gotten my MEB tracker to work. I can't even get into MEDPROS. What is the magic computer OS/browser combination? I can't even get it to load on the computers at the library on post. (Fort Hood)

Just as an aside, I know it's not entirely accurate, but I have never, not once gotten my MEB tracker to work. I can't even get into MEDPROS. What is the magic computer OS/browser combination? I can't even get it to load on the computers at the library on post. (Fort Hood)

I don't even use MEDPROS man. I just log into AKO ( https://www.ako2.us.army.mil/local/pre-acceptance.html ) and at the main screen I click on LAUNCH CLASSIC AKO.
Click on the I Accept button like normal.
Then click the "Sign in with EAMS-A" button.
Then click CAC/PKI Login.
The credential window will popup and you can just use your email certificate. Click OK
At the top of the page you will see the Self Service drop down arrow.
At the bottom of that drop down you will see a link labeled: MY MEB/PEB (My IDES Dashboard) click that.
Another credential window will pop up so just click OK.

That's it man! You'll see your tracker and where you are at.... It updates every Tuesday so just keep that in mind.

Hope that helps a little

OH by the way..... I have best results using IE10 as the broswer.

I don't even use MEDPROS man. I just log into AKO ( https://www.ako2.us.army.mil/local/pre-acceptance.html ) and at the main screen I click on LAUNCH CLASSIC AKO.
Click on the I Accept button like normal.
Then click the "Sign in with EAMS-A" button.
Then click CAC/PKI Login.
The credential window will popup and you can just use your email certificate. Click OK
At the top of the page you will see the Self Service drop down arrow.
At the bottom of that drop down you will see a link labeled: MY MEB/PEB (My IDES Dashboard) click that.
Another credential window will pop up so just click OK.

That's it man! You'll see your tracker and where you are at.... It updates every Tuesday so just keep that in mind.

Hope that helps a little

OH by the way..... I have best results using IE10 as the broswer.

Thanks for the info. I am able to get to the page, but it is just the header the rest is blank. When I click in the "open in new window" it just times out. Odd. Oh, well. One less thing for me to check religiously while I wait for these damn ratings to come in. ;)

Thanks for the info. I am able to get to the page, but it is just the header the rest is blank. When I click in the "open in new window" it just times out. Odd. Oh, well. One less thing for me to check religiously while I wait for these damn ratings to come in. ;)

Man I feel you on that one....lol

I just signed my 199 this morning. I was supposed to sign it Tuesday, but there were multiple admin errors on it and it had to be corrected twice. Finally got it right and it is being sent up today. Hopefully should have a retirement date by sometime next week. My PEBLO said that one of the guys who just signed on the 14th got his date today. So, that's pretty quick.

New here, sorry for jumping in like this, what I had to do to get tracker to work on a DOD computer is copy the link and open it in a new browser window.