What to do after USAPDA review (PDRL).

cfloranc

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
If you're in the National Guard or Reserves and weren't on active duty through your MEB, then your final close-out will work a little differently. As you've likely noticed before, ARNG and USAR personnel services branches don't see cases like yours very often, so it's helpful and faster if you're able to do some of the legwork on your own.

If you haven't received a copy of your US Army Physical Disability Agency orders, but you've already signed your DA 199, you can double-check the status of your packet by using the contacts here. If you haven't already done so, give your unit a "heads-up" that retirement is coming very soon.

Once you've received your retirement orders, you will need to fill out a DD 2656 (attached below). Contact your nearest Retirement Services Officer (RSO) - if you don't know who they are you can go here to find one. They'll help you with the Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP), how to contact TriCare, and will help answer any other questions you might have. Once that form is complete, you'll need to mail it to DFAS:
Defense Finance and Accounting Service
U.S. Military Retired Pay
P.O. Box 7130
London, KY 40742-7130​
Also, as soon as possible, send copies of your orders to your unit admin personnel. If you've been in for a few years, put together a summary of your service and significant duties, experiences, schools, and commendations. This will help your admin folks write your retirement award or plan your ceremony.​
If you haven't already, make plans to clear supply and update your personnel records. Even though the reserves only have a little control over the retirement process, it's important to make sure to clear smoothly.​
Best of luck and let me know if you have any questions.​

Attachments

• DD Form 2656 Data for Retirement Payment.pdf
    387.5 KB · Views: 41
If you're in the National Guard or Reserves and weren't on active duty through your MEB, then your final close-out will work a little differently. As you've likely noticed before, ARNG and USAR personnel services branches don't see cases like yours very often, so it's helpful and faster if you're able to do some of the legwork on your own.

If you haven't received a copy of your US Army Physical Disability Agency orders, but you've already signed your DA 199, you can double-check the status of your packet by using the contacts here. If you haven't already done so, give your unit a "heads-up" that retirement is coming very soon.

Once you've received your retirement orders, you will need to fill out a DD 2656 (attached below). Contact your nearest Retirement Services Officer (RSO) - if you don't know who they are you can go here to find one. They'll help you with the Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP), how to contact TriCare, and will help answer any other questions you might have. Once that form is complete, you'll need to mail it to DFAS:
Defense Finance and Accounting Service​
U.S. Military Retired Pay​
P.O. Box 7130​
London, KY 40742-7130​
Also, as soon as possible, send copies of your orders to your unit admin personnel. If you've been in for a few years, put together a summary of your service and significant duties, experiences, schools, and commendations. This will help your admin folks write your retirement award or plan your ceremony.​
If you haven't already, make plans to clear supply and update your personnel records. Even though the reserves only have a little control over the retirement process, it's important to make sure to clear smoothly.​
Best of luck and let me know if you have any questions.​

cfloranc-

So this is just for PDRL not TDRL, correct?

Thanks!

K6000

K6000,

The post was for PDRL. I don't have much info on the ARNG/USAR and TDRL, but (typically) the final step in the PEB process for any Army soldier is the Secretary of the Army. The SA delegates this authority to the USAPDA in the routine cases where you agree with the board's disposition of your case. So if you've signed your DA 199 and haven't received your TDRL orders from your PEBLO, it might be worth a call or e-mail to one of the staff members here.
How long has it been since your signed DA 199? It's rare for their review to last more than a few weeks, but getting orders can take some prodding.
Let me know if there's anything I can help with. Good luck.

Regards,
cfloranc

cloranc-

I apologize. I was referreing to the below needing to be done for TDRL. Do we need to do this portion too?? Sorry.

K6000

P.O. Box 7130
London, KY 40742-7130

cloranc-

I apologize. I was referreing to the below needing to be done for TDRL. Do we need to do this portion too?? Sorry.

K6000

P.O. Box 7130
London, KY 40742-7130

oops, I meant cfloranc.

This is great information to have and pass to other soldiers in the Guard as the process is such a pain and vastly different than regular army.

maj71303, thanks for the info in your signature. I'm in the med board process, just signed my DA-199 agreeing with the PEB. I've been trying to figure out how long until I am out of the MNARNG. Just looking at how long it went for you at least gives me an idea. My PEBLO confused me with talking about the "disability agency" having to "calculate" my retirement date for PDR.

Back