Where am I in the process

I am beyond confused. I called the PEB this morning and the guy said that my case has been adjudicated and it was either sent to the VA or sent to my PEBLO. He said that if I don't hear from my PEBLO in the next few weeks then it went to the VA. He wouldn't give me a straight answer one way or the other.

What number did you call? Try 202-685-6422, or 6436 they were who gave me my information. That is very strange

So, PEBLO just called me to inform me I was found unfit. Said 2-3 weeks and then it would be sent from the VA to me then back to the PEB lol.

Question though, my admin chief just said 'Headquarters Marine Corps still might decide to keep you in until your EAS' my EAS is in September 2019, so there is no freaking way right? Like I've never heard as that being an option in any of this.......

That and they won't schedule me for TRS until I get my new EAS, but from my understanding I'll get my new EAS just a few weeks from actually getting out right? This is kind of odd now.....

But I'm so happy to finally have an answer, now this is all in the VA's court.

I did the VA Chat system and this is what she said:
"As we researched your records, we determined you currently have a claim in process under the Integrated Disability Evaluation System (IDES). We received your claim on 04/03/2017, for multiple conditions. Our records indicate a proposed rating has not been completed yet."

I still don't know what to make of this. Any thoughts?

So, originally when I went on the chat that said because I was in IDES I needed to contact my PEBLO or my MSC, so I'm guessing that actually means you're at the VA, which means unfit. Your PEBLO wasn't able to tell you? I found out it was being sent to VA yesterday, and then my PEBLO called today so I'm guessing it's a day or so delay in the system.

I'm talking to the VA chat right now, "Janice." After 30 minutes of waiting she said "Your claim is currently in the development phase of processing. During this phase, we will gather the evidence needed to decide your claim. We received (STR-EXAM Meb-PEB rec'd 10/13/17). Your claim will be reviewed and we will contact you if additional information is needed. At this time, we do not have an estimated completion date for your claim, but I assure you we will resolve your claim as quickly as possible."

I'm talking to the VA chat right now, "Janice." After 30 minutes of waiting she said "Your claim is currently in the development phase of processing. During this phase, we will gather the evidence needed to decide your claim. We received (STR-EXAM Meb-PEB rec'd 10/13/17). Your claim will be reviewed and we will contact you if additional information is needed. At this time, we do not have an estimated completion date for your claim, but I assure you we will resolve your claim as quickly as possible."

Were you already told by the PEB that you were referred to the VA, or did your claim get to the VA on October 13th?

Yeah I called last Thursday and they said it was sent to the VA, BUT my PEBLO hasn't returned my phone calls, emails, or contacted me yet. Slow as a snail!

What number did you call? Try 202-685-6422, or 6436 they were who gave me my information. That is very strange

I called 202-685-6418. I haven't been able to get in touch with my PEBLO, but I'm going to try sending him an email and see what he says.

It's interesting that we go to the VA chat to get more information and we come out even more confused than when we went into it. I have no idea what to think at this point. I guess I will just wait and see if my PEBLO responds.

I got a call from my MSC on Friday that I was found UNFIT! I officially don't have a PEBLO, so this is going to be interesting... My PEBLO resigned and started a new job. My MSC told me that the average time for proposed ratings is 1-3 weeks. Hopefully she is right!

I got a call from my MSC on Friday that I was found UNFIT! I officially don't have a PEBLO, so this is going to be interesting... My PEBLO resigned and started a new job. My MSC told me that the average time for proposed ratings is 1-3 weeks. Hopefully she is right!

I called Washington again today. The gentleman said they sent my stuff to the VA electronically last Thursday. I tried contacting my Peblo with no luck then an MSC with no luck. Then contacted the VA they said they have not received anything yet. I wonder what's going on.

I called Washington again today. The gentleman said they sent my stuff to the VA electronically last Thursday. I tried contacting my Peblo with no luck then an MSC with no luck. Then contacted the VA they said they have not received anything yet. I wonder what's going on.

That is bizarre. I know there is a bit of a lag in when the PEB sends your case and when the VA and PEBLO will have an update. Hopefully you get confirmation soon.

I called the VA to check on my case today bc I have a hard time reaching the peblo. this is what they said: can anyone tell me if this means im unfit?
Your claim is currently in the development phase of processing. During this phase, we will gather the evidence needed to decide your claim. We received your Physical evaluation board proceeding on 10/23/2017. Your claim will be reviewed and we will contact you if additional information is needed.
At this time, it is estimated that your claim should be completed by 9/18/2018. Please understand that this date is an estimate and that your claim may take longer based on the specifics of your claim and VA's pending workload.

I called the VA to check on my case today bc I have a hard time reaching the peblo. this is what they said: can anyone tell me if this means im unfit?
Your claim is currently in the development phase of processing. During this phase, we will gather the evidence needed to decide your claim. We received your Physical evaluation board proceeding on 10/23/2017. Your claim will be reviewed and we will contact you if additional information is needed.
At this time, it is estimated that your claim should be completed by 9/18/2018. Please understand that this date is an estimate and that your claim may take longer based on the specifics of your claim and VA's pending workload.

which is also crazy fast bc my package didn't reach peb until 08SEP. but I confirmed with 2 VA reps that my case was forwarded to them this morning

Is anyone else’s vets.gov being weird? Every single time I log in it shows me a different date for when my claim was received and when it was updated

Is anyone else’s vets.gov being weird? Every single time I log in it shows me a different date for when my claim was received and when it was updated
Mine is being weird too. At one point I saw an Alert that said they were having technical difficulties, but the alert disappeared before I could finish reading it.

So I don't know where the posts went from the last few days... they seem to have disappeared... I posted today that my ebenefits changed to "Preparing for Decision" this morning and then about an hour later it said "Pending Decision Approval". My estimated completion dates also changed from October 2017-February 2018 to March-June 2018.... Hopefully that means things are moving along in the right direction!

My case closed on vets.gov and ebenefits today! Now I'm eager to find out what my proposed rating is!

@USMC.JCA ,
My case closed at the VA on Oct 27, went historical on Ebenifits as well. PEB received my package back from VA on Monday at 1330. I have been in contact with a Civilian at the PEB all week. I was informed there are about 700 claims at the QA stage currently being reviewed. After some calls back and forth, I found out the the reviewers have broken all the claims down by location they came from and are working them that way. As I understand the process, this is unusual as normally they are reviewed first come first serve. I know they have new teams at the PEB as of recent and are trying to get through the backlog from this summer. I am thinking from memory of your other post, that your package would have been routed through Camp Lejeune IDES center. As of Thursday, there were 20 claims from that location in total at this stage. All 20 were checked out ( in regards to the PEB computer system) and in the hands of the reviewers. I was told my package would be done and sent back by Monday morning. Then again, I was told "tomorrow" last Wednesday and Thursday. Anyways, we are close, very close. You should see your results this coming week.
I can't begin to express the level of anxiety and stress this process has inflicted upon me, so I understand the desparity. Good luck to you and all others here!

@USMC.JCA ,
My case closed at the VA on Oct 27, went historical on Ebenifits as well. PEB received my package back from VA on Monday at 1330. I have been in contact with a Civilian at the PEB all week. I was informed there are about 700 claims at the QA stage currently being reviewed. After some calls back and forth, I found out the the reviewers have broken all the claims down by location they came from and are working them that way. As I understand the process, this is unusual as normally they are reviewed first come first serve. I know they have new teams at the PEB as of recent and are trying to get through the backlog from this summer. I am thinking from memory of your other post, that your package would have been routed through Camp Lejeune IDES center. As of Thursday, there were 20 claims from that location in total at this stage. All 20 were checked out ( in regards to the PEB computer system) and in the hands of the reviewers. I was told my package would be done and sent back by Monday morning. Then again, I was told "tomorrow" last Wednesday and Thursday. Anyways, we are close, very close. You should see your results this coming week.
I can't begin to express the level of anxiety and stress this process has inflicted upon me, so I understand the desparity. Good luck to you and all others here!

Thank you for sharing! I agree that is an interesting strategy if that's what they are doing. I think it would be better to do them first come first served. I am processing through the VA in Dallas/Fort Worth, as I am on recruiting duty right now in a remote location. So I don't know where I would be in that whole process. Hopefully not too much longer though! I'm really hoping to get some good news by the end of next week. I can definitely relate to the stress and anxiety.