Wounded Warriors, Empty Promises

This link is from the health.mil website. MHS Blog - Supporting Our Wounded Warriors
It is a blog post by Dr. Ward Casscells, Assistant Secretary of Defense for Health Affairs. I posted a comment that may not be visible yet. But I urge everyone to visit the post and comment on any issues you may have. I do believe that many problems in the system do not filter up to the leaders and your comments will get visibility at the highest levels.

If you are impacted by the Physical Disability Evaluation System, you should let the leadership know. Be respectful, but tell them factually what is wrong with the process.

Looks like I may have an invite to the Pentagon to talk the issues over! (Check out Dr. Casscells' response to my comment). If this is the case, I will definitely go and will be sure to post any developments.

Jason

After reading your post I am going to request my independent physician to review the findings and advise me on the Medical Evaluation Board Report.

I will send off my email to PEBLO shortly. You know me I am a very squeeky wheel, and honestly I think I will need that doc to advise me.

I will let you know what the PEBLO says.

However the question arises as to what exactly is independent?
A military physician not involved with the MEB?
Not subordinate to the Hospital Command?
Not employed directly by the military?

Could it be an issue to be used at a future board of corrections?

Stu

Now my head hurts.

Good job Jason,

You will find him to be top notch. If all in DoD were like him, you would be out of a job!

Mike