WTF how does the process work

ssgt

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I handed in my limdu paperwork weeks ago. 3 of them. Anyways the guys there say that goes to HQ for foit or unfit. If unfit peb/meb starts va exams. But then I here the peb can say your fit?

Something doesnt add up right and I reall need to get it nailed down NOW. Because Im not going to be standing here with a shit sandwich again and having to take a bite and share it with my kids.
SHould I just get an attorney?? Hell thats and investment in my eyes. Especially with the shit they try to pass off to people who signed a blank check including up to and their lives in defense of this nation.

was this a 3rd period of limdu? HQMC does not find you fit or unfit. 3rd period limdu has to go to HQMC for approval. HQMC will either approve the 3rd period for additional treatment/recouperation etc or deny it and direct for you to be referred to a medical evaluation board. PEB is the only entity that can determine fit or unfit for continued naval service.

OK I see. Im a professional but written hands down as non recommended on the NMA by my command to keep me.
-
What are the chance my 3rd Limdu will get approved? Especially with the draw down etc for SNCO's.
Any opinions would greatly be appreciated.

Depends on your medical problems. If you can recover they may ascertain the idea of extending LIMDU. If they don't see you making it back to full duty I would expect them to initiate the MEB.

+1 with pittpan

if they are putting you on limdu to do another surgery or to recouperate from another surgery then you should be good to go. if its another period of limdu just to see if you happen to get better then I wouldn't count on it. I'm a PEBLO so if you want to get into specifics and whatnot just shoot me an email

PM sent

3rd limdu is to extend recoperation after surgery, same surgery was my 2nd limdu. 1st limdu was for the initial njury of the same part of my body.

The USMC is for fit bodies. I have 13 years of 1st class pft's. But I am professional enough to know and accept we got to be ready to deploy. It is what it is and I am at peace with it. If I go out. I just want to leave with HONOR and dignity.

Thats how I was. I had a 3rd limdu to began physical therapy after a 4th surgery. During physical therapy, I re-injured my foot so when the period of 3rd limdu had expired, I was still in the process of healing. They (my doc at the naval hospital) then referred me to the medical board. Simply because thats the naval process. Just like you had 3 periods of light duty for 30 days, then you get put on your first LIMITED DUTY, you have 3 periods of LIMITED DUTY each of 6months and they have no other choice but to place you on a PHYSICAL EVALUATION BOARD. The PHYSICAL EVALUATION BOARD then makes the decision of whether or not to find you fit or unfit. That NMA letter from your chain of command holds A LOT of weight when it comes to your fitness determination. I actually sat in the office with my Maj. and MGySgt and we typed the NMA together. If you want to be foundUNFIT then let them know before they start typing the letter, likewise if you want to be found FIT.