Your case has been sent to your Service for final approval/disapproval.

Swawedo

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Aloha all long term lurker here. First off thank you to all for your service and thank you for all the great info here.

So I filled out my PDBR package and sent it in Jan of 2017 and as of this morning I got an email saying it has been sent to my service (AF) for final approval/disapproval. They (PDBR) would not let me know their decision so my question is do the PDBR still send your package to your service if the PDBR did not make any changes to your status?

I was boarded out the AF and my discharge date was Jan 2006 I was discharged with 20% and severance pay for lower back problems and they used incapacitating episodes to give me the 20% but I feel I had enough episodes to reach 40% minimum. I did not get a VA rating till 2010 and it was for 10% the VA has recoup all severance pay and till this day I’m still at 10% rating with the VA ‍♂️.

Any input would be awesome and thank you for your time Aloha

I just got an email saying "Your case is already at the DDA (Army) for approval/disapproval." I submitted my PDBR on Jan 2017. Just like you.

I also had that question in mind. Why would they send it to the DDA if my case was outright denied, right? But, I believe all cases go through the same process. Therefore, it really doesn't mean anything.

If you did not get at least a 30% rating from the VA for the condition(s) reviewed at PDBR. I believe its probable that you will not get an increase and thus be kept at 20%.

So, don't worry about it, which is easier said that done. Just relax and in the end you might or might not get it. It's just how it is.

I know like you I also think why send to our service “if” it’s denied/unchanged. I received 10% from the VA and believe it’s crap, right now I’m getting all my eggs together (I didn’t have the time or energy before) to get my VA ratings in order. So hopefully in the near future I have a FAIR and better rating to better provide for my family and myself because my back problems has changed my life due to pain, mobility, depression, addiction, etc. I hope the PDBR approves retirement for myself as will you

I just got an email saying "Your case is already at the DDA (Army) for approval/disapproval." I submitted my PDBR on Jan 2017. Just like you.

I also had that question in mind. Why would they send it to the DDA if my case was outright denied, right? But, I believe all cases go through the same process. Therefore, it really doesn't mean anything.

If you did not get at least a 30% rating from the VA for the condition(s) reviewed at PDBR. I believe its probable that you will not get an increase and thus be kept at 20%.

So, don't worry about it, which is easier said that done. Just relax and in the end you might or might not get it. It's just how it is.

I believe the PDBR uses the Veteran Affairs Schedule for Rating Disabilities (VASRD) to consider an increase or not.

Since you have a 10% rating from the VA its unlikely they will give you retirement based on what I have read on http://boards.law.af.mil/AF_PDBR.htm

But as many on this board have pointed out all cases are different. That's why I say you might get it or not.

BUT YOU BETTER BELIEVE I HOPE WE BOTH GET IT!!!! all of us, every single one, eligible for the PDBR.

Yeah the VA gave me a whack and BS rating. When I got med discharged they gav me 20% due to incapacitating episodes but I’m certain I had enough documented episode to reach 40% minimum.

Formula for Rating Intervertebral Disc Syndrome Based on Incapacitating Episodes

With incapacitating episodes having a total duration of at least 6 weeks during the
past 12 months 60%

With incapacitating episodes having a total duration of at least 4 weeks but less than
6 weeks during the past 12 months 40%

With incapacitating episodes having a total duration of at least 2 weeks but less than
4 weeks during the past 12 months 20%

With incapacitating episodes having a total duration of at least one week but less than
2 weeks during the past 12 months 10%

Hope we all get it bro. Post up when you here any news.

I believe the PDBR uses the Veteran Affairs Schedule for Rating Disabilities (VASRD) to consider an increase or not.

Since you have a 10% rating from the VA its unlikely they will give you retirement based on what I have read on http://boards.law.af.mil/AF_PDBR.htm

But as many on this board have pointed out all cases are different. That's why I say you might get it or not.

BUT YOU BETTER BELIEVE I HOPE WE BOTH GET IT!!!! all of us, every single one, eligible for the PDBR.

Supposedly they'll have my result in a couple of weeks. I don't know if they'll mail or email or what. But its damn stressing.

One thing, whatever the outcome. It's time to make peace with the past. I believe I got screwed as well and this brings about stress. That's no way to live. So, focus on the 'now' and on the family. As a matter of fact, that's what I'm going to do right now.

Take care!

Wise words, thanks man.

Supposedly they'll have my result in a couple of weeks. I don't know if they'll mail or email or what. But its damn stressing.

One thing, whatever the outcome. It's time to make peace with the past. I believe I got screwed as well and this brings about stress. That's no way to live. So, focus on the 'now' and on the family. As a matter of fact, that's what I'm going to do right now.

Take care!

Did any of you get your results back yet? Pending decision since February 2018.

Lol! I meant does anyone on this forum know how they come up or have a formula they use to determine disability pay.

My case was received Aug 2016. I received an email that a decision as made and was sent to DON May 18, 2018 for approval/disapproval. How long does it take to get word of their decision? The email said 45 days for their decision and 10 days to notify me of it. It's been now 63 days now.

My case was received Aug 2016. I received an email that a decision as made and was sent to DON May 18, 2018 for approval/disapproval. How long does it take to get word of their decision? The email said 45 days for their decision and 10 days to notify me of it. It's been now 63 days now.

For me it took about a month give or take a week or so. It went to the Air Force and it wasn’t good news maybe that’s why it was fast. ‍♂️