Informal Physical Evaluation Board

A forum for discussing the Informal Physical Evaluation Board. Includes evidence, appeals and tips.
Q: I have a question about compensation? A: See this: Compensation Q & A Q: What is my chances to get xx% compensation? A: The serverity of your condition/how many unfitting conditions are submitted/whoever does your boar/what is in your records. It would be a guess on my part at best. Q: I received a military rating < 30%, should I appeal? A: I would, you have nothing to loose, even if they rate you as 0% your severance pay will be the same. Q: I received a military rating > 30%, should I appeal? A: Well you can, however they could drop you below 30% and then you will only receive severance pay.In these cases, you should look at the evidence carefully and decide if the benefits outweigh the risks. (Admins: edit/add as...
Hello all, I am currently diagnosed with Nacropley type II. I was sent up through a MED board with unspecific hypersomnia and Migraines, 10%, and 30%, respectively. I rejected the findings after I got them back. My last study came back showing I have full Narcolepsy with frequent sleep attacks after it was sent up. My doctor updated the information in my file, but I never had an examination for my new narcolepsy status. My doctor is willing to claim I have Excessive Sleepiness, Sleep paralysis, Sleep onset, and Sleep attacks between 2-3 a day but does not feel comfortable putting the represented numbers in sections 3B and 3D on the Narcolepsy form and claiming that Seizures have nothing to do with Narcolepsy in bold. I understand this...
Let me start from the beginning. I was up for orders and did an overseas screening. My NTC approved my screening and sent it over to a ship for approval. Ship said that because I had chiropractic and pain management that I was not fit. my command sent a letter to pers to have the ruling overruled. PERS sent me straight to PEB. I have never been on limu and all of my PFA have been excellent. Because I had a case open for over 12 months per says that counts as time served I do not want to get out I will be 16 years in July. How do I fight this? I am only interested in how to fight this. I am not interested in medical separation benefits.
Hello all, Have been in the IDES process since around September of 2023 and just recently discovered this forum. Here is the basics of what has happened so far: Sep. 2023 - Started IDES Process Dec. 2023 / Jan. 2024 - Completed C&P Exams Feb. 2024 - Case submitted to MEB Mar. 7th 2024 - Case advances from MEB to PEB Mar. 26th 2024 - Informed by PEBLO that my case is in the "QA - Post Adjudication Phase". I do not really know what is happening next or if there is anything I need to do in order to prepare myself. My referred condition was "MDD - recurrent severe without psychotic features". I also have a PTSD diagnosis related to MST. Spent 9 days in inpatient psych ward and then 7 days inpatient a few months later. Also did 2...
Hey there, I received my unofficial results of "unfit" and was told i'm now in QA, I got my prelimary ratings about a month ago and now I was moreso curious if anyone has ever heard of PEB unofficial finding has turned to "Fit" after the QA Phase? Not a whole lot of information on exactly what happens during each phase that i can find.
I submitted my signed NARSUM to my PEBLO on 4/19, I haven't heard from her since, not even a confirmation that she received my NARSUM. I've sent three e-mails, the first one just seeing if she received the NARSUM, the second and third were following up to again, see if she had received the NARSUM. Today I broke down and called the PEB. Jeff let me know that my case is currently being voted on. Can anyone give me insight on where this means I'm at in the process? What comes next?
Hi everyone, I have learned a great deal from this forum my IDES process. My question is, how should I proceed if I disagree with one of the conditions (not referral) in the VA proposed rating? Here's the situation: I had a C&P exam in February for my back, during which the examiner did not use the correct tools to determine my range of motion (ROM) and failed to note down any of my flare-ups or radiating pain in both legs, despite all my medical records indicating these symptoms. Following the exam, I promptly sent a letter to the VA, PEBLO, and the MSC. Unfortunately, the MSC responded that since it's not the referred condition, they won't address the issue with that C&P and will continue with the IDES process. They advised me, "You...
Just got my ratings and I am at 20% DoD/100% VA. My severance pay will be around 95-100k and there should be no recoupment as I would still be 100% VA without my 20% DoD condition(if I understand this correctly?). I have a family of 4 (two kids under age 2) so I am trying to make the best decision when it comes to deciding whether to appeal with the PEB to add an additional disqualfying condition or not. As far as I see, the big difference between 20% and 30%+ would be that I would get tricare instead of ChampVA, and I would miss out on 95-100k (which is a significant $ amount long-term as I would invest all of this into index funds). Does it make sense for me to appeal, is tricare for life that much more worth it than ChampVA that I...
Background: NY Army National Guard Soldier I have approximately 17.5 years AGR, reach 18 years in November, currently still AGR, I currently have over 90 days of leave, and will still have 60 come the new fiscal year. In September, I reach 19 years M-Day. I am doing my MED board through Ft, Drum. That’s where my PEBLO and VA rep are located out of. I was told by the VA rep, it is supposed to take 6-7 months to complete everything, but currently on average, it’s taking around 9 months. So I was referred to the MRB process back in February, had my brief with my PEBLO approximately March 12, returned the requested documents approximately April 12. End of April had my VA brief and met with VA rep May 2 to fill out all items I’m looking...
Apologies if in in the wrong IPEB vs FPEB so lost right now. All c&ps complete, NARSUM complete/legal reviewed/signed and submitted for ratings, VA app and website has the claim closed and says decision letter available (can’t see it says it’s been mailed) MSC has ratings (won’t tell me). Now here’s my confusion, my TRICARE online has a new document of: (Original Practitioner Addendum - Returned Exam Report - Medical) says they didn’t rate both sides whenever I claimed it. (Bilateral knee pain). Just looks like a request for clarification (see redacted image). I then got an email about a c&p exam scheduling from the VA about be on stand by for optum serve to contact me. Why am I being scheduled for an additional exam if my ratings are...
Hello everyone. I want to share my experience with the MEB/PEB here in hopes it may help others in a similar scenario. Please feel free to reach out anytime. Background: Joined the Navy Sep 2004. Accumulated various and un related injuries / illness’s up to my 18 1/2 year mark. MEB was initiated following the discovery of brain lesions, causing severe hand tremors and various polyneuropathy issues of all extremities. Some serious back issues were added to my referring conditions. However, I will state, other VA claimed issues seemed more unfitting than these. More on that at the end for lessons learned. I am now over 19 1/2 years. The PEB concluded and I accepted my findings, Naval message was released today with a PDRL NLT date of...
I have yet to accept my findings, even though it’s all I’ve wanted, which I received 4/11/24. 50/100 PDRL. Got a meeting with my attorney tomorrow (4/17/24). My NLT date to submit an election is April 26th and I'm trying to see if it can get dragged out, so that I have an EAS in August or September. Which is my goal and will give me more time in terms of seeing medical, knocking out transition requirements, checking out of unit, and the terminal leave/PTAD I want in July/August/Sept. Has anyone ever received an extension after the IPEB Findings either to the 90 days or even more days for medical purposes? I'm in need of the extra time and I'm concerned because i don't want anything to go wrong with the Proposed PEB findings. Any...
I was put on TDRL from the Navy in Nov2008 for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. I received 100% rating from the VA. I was re-evaluated by C&P at VA in Aug2012 and my rating dropped to 30%, but have never so much as been contacted by anyone from the Department of the Navy, let alone been ordered to MTF for physical evaluation. No PEBLO was assigned that I'm aware of either. I keep looking back over all my paperwork from five years ago and from all the research I've been doing it seems that they are required by law to re-evaluate you every 18 months. Anyway, I hit my 5 year mark as of 01DEC2013 and my pay stopped in Jan. I called DFAS to inquire as to why my pay stopped (was receiving pay from both DoD and VA; not sure if that was right...
Hi, I received my ratings and am within 7 months of getting my 20 AGR TAFMS date. I've been all over the place trying to confirm/validate/find in writing whether or not 7,200 AD points will be equated to 20 active years (and draw immediately versus waiting 15 years to hit 60) or if I must hit my 20 TAFMS date, and points don't really matter. Concurrent receipt now vs 15 years down the road is a huge difference in finances. I have over 60 days leave and will get 20 permissive. So that's almost 3 months to help stretch it out. Doing a VARR should add about another month and half. It's pretty tight now. I called about every agency I could think of and get conflicting info. VA ratings: 80%; VA 100%. Thank you.
I received my findings back on the 21st of February. Yesterday I got my retirement date and it’s the 29th of April. While I am happy to have my date, I applied for the WARTAC skillbridge program and it does not start until the 6th of May. Is there anyway to extend out my retirement date to be able to attend my program? Or am I SOL at this point. I am in the Navy
I wasn't sure what to even title this. But is there any way the Navy could send me home (I am active duty) while waiting for my PEB to finish up? I am miserable and have not been performing in rate for a very long time and now just going to work because I have to. I am not sure if there is anyway for me to be "seperated" technically or take extended leave. I don't care if I get paid anymore lol I just want everything to be finished with. Thank you for the tips!
Background: 1. I have completed my IPEB and final out of the Air Force in two days. I did not contest my DOD/VA ratings. Since the close of my MEB and now, I have received new diagnoses (EOE), that to my understanding fall under the GERD pyramid, but based on the CFR and my symptoms it should warrant a rating of %30-%50 (originally %10). 2. Additionally, I was rated %0 for scars despite my MEB clearly stating painful scarring (yes I know, I should have refused to sign my findings, but I just want out). 3. Bruxism was claimed and filed under mental health. However, the DBQ jaw limitation measurements look to be qualified for a %20 TMJ claim. 4. Sinitus/Rhinitus rates at %0 despite a rhinoseptoplasty and 3 years worth of nasal...
If this post is in the wrong forum, apologies in advance and I'll move it if necessary. New member to the site and I'm currently in the IPEB election phase. I currently have about 18 years 4 months AD service. The board's initial recommendation is to place me on TDRL due to unstable conditions (PTSD with exacerbating GAD). Because the PTSD is service-connected and rated 50%, I have a feeling this falls under the rule of being evaluated at the 6 month mark after my retirement is official...but I'm honestly still learning a lot of this language and not very savvy on the details. I've already reached out to my PEBLO as well as the ODC to get additional advice on options and possible COAs before making an election. My question is...
Been a lurker on this site for a while now and it's been a wealth of knowledge. Thank you to the members who consistently share and educate people on the process and help set expectations. Here are my questions, which I haven't seen addressed (or at least didnt find in search): 1. I am currently a reservist (~7 active, ~8 reserves) and just signed my MEB/NARSUM last week. If retired, I see the calculations are based on YoS x 2.5% OR High 3 x DoD Rating. Since my points count is that of ~8yrs of AD time, I am assuming that the High-3 * DoD method would be the higher of the two. That said, is the High-3 based on the AD base pay charts or is there some convoluted math for reservists? Example: High-3 Base Pay (from the AD charts) X DoD...
okay so when starting the meb process i could already tell i have a shady peblo that just wanted to get off work. i asked her if the meb adds unfitting conditions and she told me no they will only look at referred conditions from my pcm. I spoke with my attorney who is no help and gave me the same story. I was referred for osteochondritis dissecans in both knees but also have a slap tear in right shoulder, and sever anxiety with depression. I am currently at the peb stage and wanted to know what conditions the peb will look into and see if there is a way too have all conditions looked at due to individuals not giving proper information. I am at Camp Lejeune if anyone is around that could help.
Permanent Retirement 50% / 100% VA still sucks I wont be able to finish my last 4 years since im at 16. but anyway, for being retired now, what are my next steps? What can I do and set up while im still on AD? Retiree ID? does my wife and kids have to get new dependant IDs? Tricare for retirees, when can I get that set up. stuff like that. Please educate me

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElvinTroup