script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

Informal Physical Evaluation Board

A forum for discussing the Informal Physical Evaluation Board. Includes evidence, appeals and tips.
Q: I have a question about compensation? A: See this: Compensation Q & A Q: What is my chances to get xx% compensation? A: The serverity of your condition/how many unfitting conditions are submitted/whoever does your boar/what is in your records. It would be a guess on my part at best. Q: I received a military rating < 30%, should I appeal? A: I would, you have nothing to loose, even if they rate you as 0% your severance pay will be the same. Q: I received a military rating > 30%...
Hello, I currently just received my problem list back to help with my claims for the VA. I notice that things are missing such as my knee problems, sleeping problems and reoccurring migraines I keep experiencing. Should I be worried about adding those type of things on my claim? If so what should I do next to make sure that they are at least documented?
Backstory: Was referred to MEB after I Broke my wrist and completed OT. Chief concern is the lack of rotation of the wrist and non-union of ulnar styloid. Conducted C&P exams, and when I did, because the condition is written as wrist they did not test rotation, since that is covered under the forearm. I got my 199 back on 7 June and they rated me at 10% for my wrist(90% va including my other conditions). In my research I Believe I have a case for as much as 50% from the forearm. 20%...
Hello members, I am Permanently Retired due to Chronic Exertional Compartment Syndrome. I know there are many individuals that don't really know how their case should be handled or have seen very negative files of CECS cases. I am here to alleviate any anxiety you may have if you have any claim that has CECS. First and foremost, My timeline is in my signature. Please look it over if you are in the IDES process. This is the NORMAL IDES process that should be happening in your case. Anyway...
All, I have received my proposed ratings from the VA. I was just wondering what the likelihood of them changing and/ or if anyone has experienced their proposed ratings being changed while the case is at PEB. Thank you.
Hi all, BLUF: Hoping for PDRL I have questions about whether I will be placed on PDRL or TDRL. My referring condition is for PTSD only. I am VA rated 100% P&T. Of that, 50% is for PSTD. I processed via LDES. My NARSUM is in and read as follows: Prognosis Statement Changes in Soldier's symptoms are not expected to significantly improve during the upcoming year. The prognosis for this condition is guarded. It is not likely that he will return to full-duty within the next three years. How...
Is this the case? My referred condition was 40% and was found fit. Has this happened to anyone else? Just curious...

Team, Current AD AF, Recently I recieved the FULL MEB recommendation from HQ AFPC. The next step in the process is to gather all of the pertinent docs with a suspense of SEP 25 for the IPEB. With that information, I have a few questions. What is my timeline looking next? Anyone going through/completed these steps recently and can explain the IPEB during these COVID times? How long is this IPEB taking these days? I'm overseas, are C&P still continued, are they T-Con? I am looking for...
Hi everyone, So I’ve been down a long, injured filled road with my knees. L knee had an ACL reconstruction in 2008, and a scope that removed 20% of my meniscus in 2010. R knee had an ACL reconstruction in 2011, everything was resolved, enlisted in 2012. Re injured my R ACL again in 2015 at Campbell. It hasn’t been the same and I’ve learned to live with discomfort and pain but it’s continued to get worse and worse since I deployed in 2019. Finally got on profile, everything’s at own pace...
Received DA 199 yesterday. From the DOD I am receiving: *Behavioral Health= 70% (TRDL) by law *Migraines= 30% (Permanent) Combined= 80% (TRDL) + available for CRSC. VA Ratings Proposed: (unsure of it its P&T since nothing was mentioned in their Proposed ratings except the Educational Benefits for P&T soldiers for dependents that they added) 100% Spoke to the lawyer today and was mentioned that if I need more time (as I do)- to submit a VARR for Migraines @ 30% to 50%. All supporting...
I have been in the Navy for 15+ years and was diagnosed with Major Depression and Social Anxiety Disorder. My GAF score is 51-60 Moderate to severe. My issues have been well documented in my medical recored dating back to year 2000. My narsum indicates intense anxiety type reactions to stress even minimal amounts. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with the PEB findings regarding this type of diagnosis. Any information would be great. My package will be sent off no later than friday...
Hello All. I was previously told that the VA comes up with a “proposed rating” after all my exams are done and they send that to the VA and PEB in Washington D.C. for the PEB. I was hoping to get this number to get an idea of the ballpark rating I could expect. But my PEBLO has no idea what I’m talking about and said that I will have to wait until the PEB makes its decision to know what rating I will have. Does anyone know if the “proposed rating” exists and how to find out what it is? My...
Hi, So the purpose of me writing here is to see if there is any actual point in me putting in an application for AFROTC. I have an appointment for my physical to attach to my application this coming week. I'm an Army Veteran, I'm out of my IRR time frame, and I'm currently attending a university that has an AFROTC program. I have a VA disability and some stuff in my medical records that I fear will be disqualifying. I'm 28 and have had postpartum depression twice now with each of my...
Hello there, I'm new but in the process of being medically retired from the Air Force. I just received my findings and have gone over my options with my peblo, but I"m curious as to what happens to my compensation amount while being on TDRL. The Peblo mentioned that while on TDRL that my compensation will not be the 100% but rather a percentage ranging from 50%-75% or something like this. I have the option to rebut the temporary aspect, which I'm looking into, but I'm not sure that it will...
Has anyone ever heard of a “hold for review” status during the PEB? I was told I’m on vote 3 and under review. Not sure what this means as I await on a fit/unfit determination.
Recently I was denied for a deployment waiver because of my back. Up until that point the only restrictions on my AF Form 469 were to PT at my own pace and that i could only test on the AB Circumference and push ups. The second I went to a DAWG review my PCM loaded my profile with a lot of uncalled for restrictions like "Can't Subsist on food rations", or "Can't wear chem gear" which i have told him i have absolutely no issues with. I requested clarification on why they were there and was...
Hey guys, I am a 23 yo male who has had chronic pelvic pain for 2 years. I also have a possible neuroma in my left foot as well. I haven’t been able to run since July or lift since November. I get bad genital pain when doing any sort of lifting; severe with leg lifts. I am in a low level of pelvic and or genital pain all the time. Wondering how army PEB has ruled on chronic pelvic pain/ pelvic floor dysfunction if anyone has had experience with that.
Hey everyone, current AD Army here. I’m currently in the PEB process and I had sent an email to my PEBLO asking where I was sitting at and she informed me that my case is currently on vote 1. I feel like this is something I should know but I’m at a loss. What does this mean?
Hi all, I think I've reached a good decision to accept my IPEB findings, but wanted some feedback. I am using my legal/VA/wounded warrior resources as well. BLUF: I'm a Navy O3 with 9 years of service. I had stage 3 and then stage 4 melanoma, now in remission for >6 months, have a bunch of residuals because of treatments, surgeries, etc. My IPEB came back with a proposed 100% P&T VA, 20% DoD - separation with severance. I think I want to accept the IPEB decision rather than push for a...
Welp, got my findings back today. Lets start at the beginning. In July 2007 I had surgery to remove a couple masses from my foot, diagnosed plantar fibromatosis. This was not noted or described as a hereditary or recurring condition at this time. I DEP'ed in May 2009, and didn't hide this at all. I was examined, and noted to have 3 well healed scars, no recurrence. In March/April 2011 I had a mass develop in my hand (dupuytrens, which is considered connected to my foot) In July, the...
Hi to everyone! I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong forum. I decided to do this thread due to not finding anyone or at least me not finding anything for TMJ cases for MEB/PEB around the site. I know how it feels to stress and rev up the anxiety in doing the whole process and the long waiting for that decision. Diagnosed a while ago with TMJ, short version of the story, after doing therapy, meds and other stuff Dr decided to put me on class 3 and start the package for MEB. After waiting...
I recently requested a VARR of my back condition with additional supporting evidence and received my DA 199 granting an increase of my percentage to a combined 30 percent. However today I received a memo in the mail from the VA stating my back and secondary condition are to be severed. I am confused as to why my DA 199 would should one thing, but the VA memo show something else. I also plan on appealing the severed conditions as they have directly been impacted due to a service connected...
Was wondering if it is uncommon to be found unfit and discharge with 100% P&T. My proposed VA letter recommends 100% (PEB just starting), however there is no indication of P&T. It came with "VA Facts Sheet" and says I may be eligible for certain services to include the dependents education benefits. Nothing clearly swings one way or the other. I dont have any catostrophic losses. Just a bunch of shit over the years. Just wondering, thanks.
Good morning everyone. I'm doing TAPS while I wait for orders, and I have a question: For eBenefits, Tricare, etc., I see that they all use the same DS Logon. Right now, mine is tied to my CAC and email, but I don't want to retire without making sure I can access these sites without a CAC. Do you all know if I need to re-register or just recover/create a password? I'm not sure if I created a password but it's possible since I'm getting ID.me emails. TIA.
Hi y'all, my MEB started Dec. 2019, I signed my Narsum Oct. 2. The PEB is the current step right? How long does that usually take to complete? And what usually comes after that?
Long time lurker, but have a question. Two conditions referred to MED Board. Ratings came in but one was deferred by the VA. So what now? Is the VA going to ask for more info from the physician that did the C&P exam? Could the PEB rate without VA on their own? From what I appreciate it is over nerve pain, VA couldn't determine sciatica or femoral. Ironically both rate the same. What do you folks think will happen? Or could happen?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LilianWillms