Informal Physical Evaluation Board

A forum for discussing the Informal Physical Evaluation Board. Includes evidence, appeals and tips.
Q: I have a question about compensation? A: See this: Compensation Q & A Q: What is my chances to get xx% compensation? A: The serverity of your condition/how many unfitting conditions are submitted/whoever does your boar/what is in your records. It would be a guess on my part at best. Q: I received a military rating < 30%, should I appeal? A: I would, you have nothing to loose, even if they rate you as 0% your severance pay will be the same. Q: I received a military rating > 30%...
Hey everyone, current AD Army here. I’m currently in the PEB process and I had sent an email to my PEBLO asking where I was sitting at and she informed me that my case is currently on vote 1. I feel like this is something I should know but I’m at a loss. What does this mean?
I recently requested a VARR of my back condition with additional supporting evidence and received my DA 199 granting an increase of my percentage to a combined 30 percent. However today I received a memo in the mail from the VA stating my back and secondary condition are to be severed. I am confused as to why my DA 199 would should one thing, but the VA memo show something else. I also plan on appealing the severed conditions as they have directly been impacted due to a service connected...
Was wondering if it is uncommon to be found unfit and discharge with 100% P&T. My proposed VA letter recommends 100% (PEB just starting), however there is no indication of P&T. It came with "VA Facts Sheet" and says I may be eligible for certain services to include the dependents education benefits. Nothing clearly swings one way or the other. I dont have any catostrophic losses. Just a bunch of shit over the years. Just wondering, thanks.
Good morning everyone. I'm doing TAPS while I wait for orders, and I have a question: For eBenefits, Tricare, etc., I see that they all use the same DS Logon. Right now, mine is tied to my CAC and email, but I don't want to retire without making sure I can access these sites without a CAC. Do you all know if I need to re-register or just recover/create a password? I'm not sure if I created a password but it's possible since I'm getting ID.me emails. TIA.

Team, Current AD AF, Recently I recieved the FULL MEB recommendation from HQ AFPC. The next step in the process is to gather all of the pertinent docs with a suspense of SEP 25 for the IPEB. With that information, I have a few questions. What is my timeline looking next? Anyone going through/completed these steps recently and can explain the IPEB during these COVID times? How long is this IPEB taking these days? I'm overseas, are C&P still continued, are they T-Con? I am looking for...
Long time lurker, but have a question. Two conditions referred to MED Board. Ratings came in but one was deferred by the VA. So what now? Is the VA going to ask for more info from the physician that did the C&P exam? Could the PEB rate without VA on their own? From what I appreciate it is over nerve pain, VA couldn't determine sciatica or femoral. Ironically both rate the same. What do you folks think will happen? Or could happen?
I am a Army Reserve AGR with 21yrs of total service and 15yrs active. I have recently had both my psychiatrist for PTSD/TBI and Cardiologist fill out the eval the Army has you do. Both came back with only being able to wear a uniform, cannot do anything to include no complex tasks or leading people. I was diagnosed with Severe/Chronic PTSD and Cardiologist said my PTSD pushes my heart condition beyond what the medication can deal with putting me in jeopardy. They have the AGRs send up the...
My Peblo sent me my Unfit memo on Aug 17th. I still have not received my ratings from the VA( I was told them unofficially by the VA liasion but have not received my 199). The VA liaison told me it should be about two weeks. However he said the VA couldn't see my unfit memo from the PEB yet. Was just wondering how long it is supposed to take, because we also had a hurricane hit here in Louisiana so I'm sure it is going to a bit more extended time. Is there a PEB # for the Army I can call to...
Greetings All, I’ve been notified recently about the potential of a MEB due to chronic pain and nerve pain. Today I received my AF Form 1185 (CC Impact Statement for MEB) and he stated Do Not Retain due to the physical demands of my career field and me being unable to deploy. I've been in for about 6.5 years. I spoke with my PEBLO and know that I need to provide my input for this form by Monday August 24th and wondered if anyone had any advice for that and what to expect next? I...
I recently went through an IRLO and they requested I go thru and MEB. My leadership will write memorandum to request I be returned to duty. I would like to also write one to our local medical clinic. Could someone please help me with these memos? I'd like to be proactive a provide the memos to my leadership so they only have to edit and sign versus write the entire letters. Any help would be appreaciated.
Hello All, Any feedback would be fantastic. I am currently active duty Navy. 12 years in and in process of PEB. Long story short. I have a lung disease/injury due to a incident involving CS gas. In addition, I was involved in a malpractice when doctors were doing a biopsy on me and they told me it got lost, then later on they told me its because they didn't follow a certain protocol and didn't get enough. So I currently have a lung disease and mental health issues. I got my rating yesterday...
Received my ratings lightning fast (Army). I am 20% DoD / 100% P&T VA. The PEB made a false statement on the 199 wherein it states that I reinjured a knee by "running and various field exercises." This is untrue, I tore my ACL for the second time (first time while in the Army) on the Air Assault Obstacle course at Fort Campbell. It is in my AHLTA records multiple times, and I even highlighted this in my MEB rebuttal and included the AHLTA records. Without the V4 code, my severance will...
I got the notification that my results have been returned and they are not what I expected.. I was given 10% DOD / 40% VA. I was hoping for atleast 30% DOD.. I want to appeal but my PEBLO says I need to provide evidence to sway the decision otherwise they will return the same results. What kind of evidence can I submit? Any help would be great!
A friend with a Cialix is a friend indeed. This is how to deal with operating under pressure with Cialix. They can afford not to do it. Allow me explore a lot of the potential predicaments to take under advisement. Do you know what? Damn, beginners. Let's adapt to Cialix. I don't have to indulge in that further. This was how to take care of Cialix situations. It's a perfect example of Cialix. It's that difficult. You should deal with your Cialix. This went over like a lead balloon. Well, as...
I am currently awaiting the IPEB's findings currently; however, after I received my C&P results back, I requested an IMR. The doctor that reviewed my case sided with me and said Fibromyalgia should have been added to the MEB conditions. My PEBLO just sent me an email with a response from the MEB board dated back in January from a Colonel saying that he/she disagrees with the IMR findings and that I have received numerous medications changes (I have tried them all including Lyrica without...

I’m currently at the tail end of the IPEB process. I received my findings from the VA and the DoD side recently and had a couple of questions. I’m being being put on TDRL for PTSD (50% DOD) and have to do a follow up 6 months after I get out. This is great news, but here’s where problem is. When I did my psychiatric C&P exam, the “Dr” gave me 5 minutes to speak and cut me off every time I tried to explain myself. She ended up writing a diagnosis for Bipolar I disorder, and not my PTSD...
Good morning, couple of questions as I start the process of IDES / IPEB. 1. I am 22 years AD with issues diagnosed on AD that I am being med boarded for. VA is telling me these issues may not be service connected? Didn't make sense to me. 2. Should have 55% retirement pay plus whatever from the VA. If my issues are deemed combat related is there any way I can retire with more than 55%? 3. I have relegated myself to moving on from the military at this point. Is there anything I...
Greetings! I am reaching the end of a very long road. I was found unfit by the IPEB and received ratings of 40 DOD/100 VA. Throughout this process, I made it clear that I wanted to remain in service. I received glowing comments from my command, my evaluations are superior, and I really thought that I had a chance to continue service. So, throughout the process I minimized all health issues. As a result, my unfit conditions were not accurately rated. I realize that I can request a formal PEB...
Hi all, I think I've reached a good decision to accept my IPEB findings, but wanted some feedback. I am using my legal/VA/wounded warrior resources as well. BLUF: I'm a Navy O3 with 9 years of service. I had stage 3 and then stage 4 melanoma, now in remission for >6 months, have a bunch of residuals because of treatments, surgeries, etc. My IPEB came back with a proposed 100% P&T VA, 20% DoD - separation with severance. I think I want to accept the IPEB decision rather than push for a...
Hello, I was returned to duty with an ALC-C about a year and a half ago during the IRILO process. During my ARILO process this year, the AFRC/SG (Air Force) is sending me to an MEB, medically disqualified me, and nullified my flying waiver. I have Crohn's Disease and am taking Remicade. I don't, and have never had any issues or flares. I respond well to the treatment, but recently was moved from 8 week intervals to 6 week intervals due to lab results showing elevated inflammation and my GI...
data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsbevington