Perhaps the rater did not consider the disability permanent based on the evidence available.

Permanent total disability. Permanence of total disability will be taken to exist when such impairment is reasonably certain to continue throughout the life of the disabled person. The permanent loss or loss of use of both hands, or of both feet, or of one hand and one foot, or of the sight of both eyes, or becoming permanently helpless or bedridden constitutes permanent total disability. Diseases and injuries of long standing which are actually totally incapacitating will be regarded as permanently and totally disabling when the probability of permanent improvement under treatment is remote. Permanent total disability ratings may not be granted as a result of any incapacity from acute infectious disease, accident, or injury, unless there is present one of the recognized combinations or permanent loss of use of extremities or sight, or the person is in the strict sense permanently helpless or bedridden, or when it is reasonably certain that a subsidence of the acute or temporary symptoms will be followed by irreducible totality of disability by way of residuals. The age of the disabled person may be considered in determining permanence.

LINK <—

Ron

I am sorry to hear of the multiple disabilities. That does not change the info provided above. I am not a rater.

I have been rated both 100% without being permanent and later 100% Permanent and Total.

You might consider visiting with a VSO regarding this matter.

Ron

Where exactly on the VA information do you find out if permanent? And can some conditions be permanent and some conditions not?

You will find it on Ebenefits when you go to Your VA Letters. Then select Benefit Summary- Veteran Benefits and it will generate. If you are T&P it will state it under VA benefit information.

Hope this helps.

You will find it on Ebenefits when you go to Your VA Letters. Then select Benefit Summary- Veteran Benefits and it will generate. If you are T&P it will state it under VA benefit information.

Hope this helps.
Thank you!!

I was just rated 100 % PTSD. Why is it not p/t
Conditions that may improve with treatment and/or time are usually not rated as permanent.

I was just rated 100 % PTSD. Why is it not p/t
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

The DoVA D-RAS or DoVA Rating Agency has determined that your PTSD condition is "total" but not "permanent" at this point.

As such, the totality of all available medical evidence and/or medical documentation suggests that your PTSD condition isn't a "static" disability at this particular point in time, and it shall require a future medical evaluation via a DoVA C&P examination. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Ok I have 50 for my feet, 50 for my eyes, 10 hearing and 100 for ptsd

Hmm, as based upon the aforementioned DoVA disability ratings, you may also qualify for a specific SMC rate if all criteria is meet in accordance with 38 CFR § 3.350 - Special monthly compensation ratings. If validated by the DoVA D-RAS or DoVA Rating Agency, then your DoVA ratings decision letter/documentation will provide comprehensive details of any such applicability upon receipt. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!