123 DAYS @ PEB with a proposed rating

PatriotsFan31

Registered Member
timeline:
Feb 20 - MEB started
March 21st - All QTC appoints finalized
April 28 - PEB package submitted
May 10th - MED case accepted by PEB for action
June 4th - VA rating finalized and proposed rating received.

I’ve been on the PEB for 123 days, no end sight as I was told there is no active timeline or updates now. I was supposed to receive my PEB findings back in June as my PEBLO stated, which then turned into July, then August, and now no more updates at all.

just figured I’d share if anyone has any additional information or has heard anything.

also if I received a rating from the VA, does that mean I’m deemed unfit? I’m awaiting for the PEB to come back as fit/unfit.

Garibay

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The VA does not determine Fit or Unfit. The board will determine if the conditions you summitted with your PEB deem you unfit or fit for military service.

PatriotsFan31

Registered Member
The VA does not determine Fit or Unfit. The board will determine if the conditions you summitted with your PEB deem you unfit or fit for military service.
Alright that makes sense. I also have a question in regards to accepted by PEB and with the medical officer as I’ve seen people post about it being sent/accepted by the PEB and then with the medical officer. What is the difference between the two?

POG

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Alright that makes sense. I also have a question in regards to accepted by PEB and with the medical officer as I’ve seen people post about it being sent/accepted by the PEB and then with the medical officer. What is the difference between the two?
Accepted by PEB means that it's in the stack to be reviewed eventually. With medical officer means it's already passed through a reviewer, then medical officer signs off on it, determines fit or unfit and if unfit gets your ratings from VA then uses that to calculate your DoD % based on only your referred conditions.

BStock

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Accepted by PEB means that it's in the stack to be reviewed eventually. With medical officer means it's already passed through a reviewer, then medical officer signs off on it, determines fit or unfit and if unfit gets your ratings from VA then uses that to calculate your DoD % based on only your referred conditions.
Where are you guys seeing where it says its with the medical officer? The only thing I have seen is my "sent to board" and "accepted by board" on MOL.

POG

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Where are you guys seeing where it says its with the medical officer? The only thing I have seen is my "sent to board" and "accepted by board" on MOL.
Ask your PEBLO or JAG. It's on the tracker they receive every Tuesday