17 year Sailor with history of CRPS issues

waitingonretirement

Registered Member
My history with CRPS/RSD began with a botched injection in my left arm in 2012. Which led to a slow increase of gabapentin from 300 mg to 1800 over a 5 year cycle. I reinjured same arm in between deployments, started 1st limdu while transferring back to the states. Met an excellence neuro doc who wanted to have me try stellate ganglion injections. Worked better than any other medication the navy had me on. Finished 1st limdu after 3rd and final injection, he wasn't comfortable releasing me back to duty so we went half way through a 2nd limdu period. Finally cleared and about 24 months and 1 deployment in there as well later I strain all muscles in my calf along with messing with the nerves in my ankle. My flight doc wants to med board me for missing this deployment because now we have to do the injections again. So here is my question, I am really just going to limdu for treatment not to troubleshoot any recurring issue. I will more than likely will be done in 4 of the 6 months of the 3rd limdu. What will the med board even look at? If I am going to be fit for duty once my nervous system is reset again?

Also doing the injections also took me off all the gabapentin period! Which I think will help my case if needed.