18 months and still no decision

combatvet310

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
The 18 month deadline passed and my case is still not completed. I get the same answers.

Sir,

You have a current application that is identified as AR***********. It is still being reviewed by the staff of the Board to ensure it complies with applicable statutes and governing Army regulations before presentation to the Board.

We process over 15,000 applications a year. Unfortunately, due to an increase in volume and influx of complex cases it currently taking 18 months for cases to be completed.

The Army Board for Correction of Military Records will notify you of the Board's decision by separate correspondence.

I trust this information is helpful.

Very respectfully,

BCMR is way different from PEB. They handle *everything* a member could possibly complain about, on all topics. And at least in the Navy, they're pretty understaffed for the volume of cases they get.

Also, when they get a case that is pretty complex, they do a *lot* of research, including sending official taskers to the pertinent branch office(s) to get files and opinions.

So, 18 months is longer than a lot of cases I've heard, but it's not an impossibility.

18-24 months is a more realistic estimate from the cases I've heard. Patience, young gwasshoppa. When they've completed your case, you'll be the first to know.

18-24 months is a more realistic estimate from the cases I've heard. Patience, young gwasshoppa. When they've completed your case, you'll be the first to know.
This process been going since 2018 until this day. I’m the definition of patience. Thank you for your supportive response.