19 1/2 years code 37

TXWI

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I have 19 1/2 years active duty plus 2 years in the guard. I am currently active duty
I have a code 37 for PTSD/Depression/Anxiety/OSA/lower back pain and associated symptoms(radicular pain, numbness etc)

I am in a situation right now where they want to start the IRILO but I am also trying to get a second back surgery(fusion) which will push out when the IRILO will start by 6 months as they will not start that process until 6 months after surgery. they say I could wait and get the whole MEB done and then after that look at getting the surgery. I don't want to delay the surgery but I also don't want to delay the MEB. any thoughts? my PEBLO thinks it is likely they would recommend medical retirement but then may have to wait until after retiring to get the surgery and I would like to be able to work after retiring. this could put me out of work for months.

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
I understand your position, but it is highly unlikely you can get to your position. Guidance requires the member have healing time before being evaluated.

TXWI

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
thanks for the input. any idea on how long the whole MEB process is taking currently? Probably depends on what its for.

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
There are two many factors. You could search "timelines" and your "installation name" and get an idea of the range.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">