199 received... 0% ratings

Warrior644

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
I have 31 years 10 months x days.
I just spoke to the Va Rep and neither of us seem to under stand how DoD gives me 70% PDRL and Va deny all 0.

Am I going out a 70% Disabled Vet or not? Who will pay and what will I receive? I Still have a 5 yo appeal pending which both have LOD's, will Va deny those too? Is whatever I may get taxable? If it's a DoD rating is it back paid?

What's the Difference between DoD Rating and Va Rating?

I'm confused.
Indeed, reference the following URLs:

http://www.pebforum.com/site/threads/what-does-70-pdrl-from-dod-mean.22638/

http://www.pebforum.com/site/threads/what-does-it-mean-to-be-get-rated-a-by-dod-and-none-by-va.22637/

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

bjohnson42

Registered Member
I have a question regarding my situation and the presumption of fitness. I have an MRD of August 2014. I currently do not have an approved reitrement order.I began the Medical retirement process because of failed bilateral knee replacements performed in 2010 and 2011. The MEB found me unretainable for four injuries in December 2013. The IPEB said because I have a MRD of August 2014,they placed the presumption of fitness on me and deemed me fit.I am an AGR officer with 7 years of Active duty time, but have a 20 year letter from my Reserve time. I also went before the O6 board recently. Because I dont have a current retirement order can the IPEB make the presumtion?

Warrior644

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
I have a question regarding my situation and the presumption of fitness. I have an MRD of August 2014. I currently do not have an approved reitrement order.I began the Medical retirement process because of failed bilateral knee replacements performed in 2010 and 2011. The MEB found me unretainable for four injuries in December 2013. The IPEB said because I have a MRD of August 2014,they placed the presumption of fitness on me and deemed me fit.I am an AGR officer with 7 years of Active duty time, but have a 20 year letter from my Reserve time. I also went before the O6 board recently. Because I dont have a current retirement order can the IPEB make the presumtion?
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Hmm, this is an interesting question albeit it would be helpful to repost as a separate thread in order to potentially receive a greater number of responses in my opinion. Take care and thanks!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

sole_taker

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I just got my ratings (1MAY14) and I, too, am aggravated! Army 0%, VA 20% for 6 things claimed (left & right ankle sprain). Received surgery last year on my left leg (fasciotomy) and that was my major issue, but QTC physician rated me for my left and right ankle instead. Long story short, received ratings, but also trying to appeal. I'm not trying to be greedy, but I need atleast a 30% to get financial assistance with my medical issues and family.

ALL, is it worth appealing issue?

jkapp83FBCH

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
30% for an ankle sprain? Your lucky thats all you have to bitch about. Good luck with your life an growing up.

gsfowler

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
30% for an ankle sprain? Your lucky thats all you have to bitch about. Good luck with your life an growing up.
I would not consider this to be an appropriate response to the question asked.

@sole_taker If you were found unfit from the military at a 0% rating (I'm unsure if the condition(s), then your C&P evaluation for the condition(s) did not reflect enough information to warrant the higher rating of 10%.

Typically the VA will tell you what is required to receive the next higher rating. It could be as simple as the evaluation was not performed correctly, and/or all of your potential conditions were not addressed by the VA.

It is not out of the question to receive a higher rating, but in my opinion it is going to take quality professional representation to review your medical records to see if/what anything that may have been missed.

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Wrong place for that kind of comment. Don't make a habit of that here.

sole_taker

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Thank you for that response. However, your comment was childish. I'm a combat veteran who also suffered. I didn't join the US Army to get injured and get surgery just so I can claim some money. Intentions of joining were beyond that. Now I have to live with a scar and an on-going injury for the rest of my life.

Wrong place for that kind of comment. Don't make a habit of that here.
I appealed it last week and waiting for a response to seek further investigation.

gsfowler

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Thank you for that response. However, your comment was childish. I'm a combat veteran who also suffered. I didn't join the US Army to get injured and get surgery just so I can claim some money. Intentions of joining were beyond that. Now I have to live with a scar and an on-going injury for the rest of my life.

I appealed it last week and waiting for a response to seek further investigation.
I think you should get so robe to review your C&P evaluation vs your medical records to make sure there is nothing missed.

Was your Fasciotomy a complete success? Are you not having any residuals from the surgery?

sole_taker

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I think you should get so robe to review your C&P evaluation vs your medical records to make sure there is nothing missed.

Was your Fasciotomy a complete success? Are you not having any residuals from the surgery?
My symptons after the fasciotomy are worst. The area (left leg) where they cut me open hurts down to my ankle and foot. I've gone through physical therapy for roughly 6 months and once my therapists heard I was being MEB'd, she immediately told me that's all that they could do. During physical therapy, certain exercises were performed to rehabilitate me, but that didn't work out too well. I have a meeting with my MEB Legal tomorrow to discuss a possible chance to fight it. Thank you!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">