1st TDRL 60% to 10% separated with severance

Baylenkm

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I just received my "certified" letter from my first TDRL re-eval and as the title says I was moved from 60% to 10% separation with severance.

Currently under the "Diagnosis and Rating" section on the letter from the PEB

-Category 1: Unfitting condition is "Autonomic Neuropathy" VA diagnostic code 7099-7011 now rated at 10% (Currently rated 60% by the VA).
-Category 3: Conditions that are not separately and do not contribute to the unfitting condition
2.Tesnsion Headaches (VA Rated 50%)
3.Anxiety Disorder with Panic Attacks.(VA Rated 50%)
I also have a few other VA rated issues but I don't think they would be relevant in this situation.

The CAT 3 conditions absolutely contribute to my unfitting condition but I'm not sure if that something that can be brought up at this point. Hopefully some of you guys know.

At my TDRL re-eval which was done by neurology,(it seems to me the VA code they used for the new % is a cardiovascular code, which could apply to my condition but why wasn't my TDRL re eval done by cardiology if they are using that VA code) the doctors told me and in their write up "my condition has not gotten worse or better and is expected to continue". I have gone to appointments regualry along with taking prescribed medications.

Im going to see a PEB attorney tomorrow (she's actually the one that handled my initial MEB finding) and plan on asking for a reconsideration with the FPEB if the reconsideration is not granted.

Any input or advice on things I should be doing would be greatly appreciated. To those I have PMd thank you for responding back to me so quickly :)

Thanks to everyone in advance.

jahlon

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Ouch man, that's harsh.

These are the things that are making me paranoid.

MSgt Martin

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I'm not slamming your PEBLO or mine. Just be careful. Ask for that second independent medical review of your records prior to requesting the FPEB. It is your right and you have to sign stating you waive it. I wish I had done this but my PEBLO stated it wouldn't of helped me...but I'll never know what impact it could've had. Keep us posted.

Baylenkm

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I'm not slamming your PEBLO or mine. Just be careful. Ask for that second independent medical review of your records prior to requesting the FPEB. It is your right and you have to sign stating you waive it. I wish I had done this but my PEBLO stated it wouldn't of helped me...but I'll never know what impact it could've had. Keep us posted.
Thanks for the heads up, as I would have never known to ask. I actually spoke to my PEBLO last week to see if she had heard anything with regard to my case ( before I received the PEB letter) she told me she had not and wouldn't hear anything. I was told either I would get a letter or I wouldn't hear anything and just assume I was still in TDRL. One thing I have learned in this whole process is not to assume anything. Thanks again MSgt

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">