20010-2011 Navy Timeline

swowannabe

PEB Forum Regular Member
Heyo everyone, been waiting for the day I could post this! Here it goes! (Sorry in advance for no specific dates)

March 2010 - 1st LIMDU initiated for recurrent depression and suicidal ideation. Diagnosed as major depressive disorder with features of borderline personality disorder
April 2010 - MEDEVAC'd to in-patient mental health in Okinawa
April 2010 - Placed TEMDU to TPD in Sasebo, Japan pending LIMDU orders stateside. 1st LIMDU period begins.
May 2010 - Millington, TN floods.
Late June 2010 - LIMDU orders to San Diego recieved. PCS'd.
July 2010 - First appointment with Psychologist.
August 2010 - Met with PCM (General MD) about persisting depression symptoms. Referred to a psychiatrist. (Why I wasn't seeing a psychiatrist to begin with is beyond me.)
September 2010 - First appointment with Psychiatrist. Starts leaning towards return to full duty. Psychologist concurs.
October 2010 - Manic symptoms diagnosed, diagnosis changed to Bipolar II, 2nd period of LIMDU recommended.
November 2010 - Case referred to MEB.
January 2011 - PEB initiated.
February 2011 - VA Appointments. Message requesting Non-Medical Assessment from my command released.
May 31st, 2011 - Non-Medical Assessment signed and hand-walked to PEBLO after a vigorous, up-hill battle with my command.
June 2nd, 2011 - PEB Package mailed off to Washington, D.C.
June 3rd through mid-August - Called frequently requesting status update, finally informed mid-August the board returned an UNFIT finding, case forwarded to VA for rating.
October 3rd, 2011 - Rating returned to PEBLO, notified of findings...

70% combined TDRL

Going in tomorrow at 1030 to review the findings. I intend on accepting them and getting the heck out of dodge. You know you're in the wrong place when a Senior Chief starts to issue orders as if she outranks you. (LTJG here. Not trying to be too big for my britches or anything, just a big fan of the whole military rank structure.)

:cool:

Congratulations! Thanks for the update and I hope all goes well for you in retirement.

I'm jealous. My PEB package was mailed to the board June 30th and I have yet to even get a formal fit/unfit decision returned, let alone any kind of DON/VA rating. Glad it worked out quickly/effectively for you. Best of luck with your continuing care, I have a family member in a similar situation and it's a rough road.

~Tim

PS Full LT here...you tell that senior chief to pound sand!!! JOPA UNITE!

hahaha swowannabe....thats navy for ya if it was the Marine Corps and a master sergeant told a 1stLT somethin that 1st LT better get on it cause that mssgt prob has 20 years and that pog boot LT probably has never even deployed lol

Ya agree at O1-O2 a chief or senior it suppose to mentor you because you are a junior officer with typically less then 18 months in the fleet. Typically never answered to anything below an O3 but that's bc we have a good chain of command, and to edit this your typical E5 are doing the jobs officer were doing, you have to remember you make rank off time we make rank off our performance,test, and time regardless of all this congrats on your retirement and I do hope the best for you!