2012 DEROS over 20

nooneuno

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Jason, GREAT site! Hi. I've been referred to an MEB. My DEROS isn't up until 2012. I just want to retire ASAP. I'm not real worried about any ratings, but I am very concerned I'll have to stay here until 2012. I guess, from what I've read, the only way I'll be allowed to retire is to receive an "unfit" from the board.

nooneuno,

Welcome and thanks for the compliment! You have more than 20 years now? I am assuming your DEROS is based on PCS issues, but do you have any obligated service past (or less than) your DEROS?

Your instinct may be correct, however, there are ways to apply for earlier separation (in your case retirement), based on hardship or various other issues. It is hard to speculate about what options you may have. If your disability is clearly unfitting, I could see them being able to expeditiously process your case. Have you talked to any branch/career managers?

nooneuno,

Welcome and thanks for the compliment! You have more than 20 years now? I am assuming your DEROS is based on PCS issues, but do you have any obligated service past (or less than) your DEROS?

Your instinct may be correct, however, there are ways to apply for earlier separation (in your case retirement), based on hardship or various other issues. It is hard to speculate about what options you may have. If your disability is clearly unfitting, I could see them being able to expeditiously process your case. Have you talked to any branch/career managers?
Yes I am over 20...just. No obligations past my DEROS. I tried to curtail my DEROS. My leadership looked at the curtailment request letter and pushed for an MEB due to Major Depression/axiety. Other issues include herniated disc and sensation loss in right arm/leg due to pressure on the nerve.