2023 MEB Timeline

MEB2023

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Currently Undergoing an MEB for a heart condition and wanted to share my timeline since everyone contributing on here has helped me understand the steps in this process.

11 Nov 22 – Verbally told by PCM I was going to be submitted for an MEB after official diagnosis

06 Dec 22 – Contacted by PEBLO

21 Dec 22 – CC Impact Statement completed

25 Jan 23 – NARSUM Complete // CC Impact Statement had to be resigned by CC confirming no changes because of wait on the NARSUM

01 Feb 23 – Routed to AFPC

06 Feb 23 – Full MEB notification

10 Feb 23 – IDES brief with PEBLO

02 Feb 23 – Contacted by MSC, completed 526 EZ

15 Mar – Contacted by Optum Serve to schedule C &P exams

27 Mar-05 Apr – complete ¾ exams and working with MSC to schedule the final appointment. Being told it will be at least a month wait to get a date…

I am starting SkillBridge on Monday next week and wanted to provide the guidance that helped me since no one at my base had ever applied for the ETP while undergoing and MEB and there was a lot of confusion overall. The ETP is worked through your education office/MAJCOM and not your CC. I was able to get mine signed/approved in two days. Don’t let people tell you no because they simply do not know. Once you have your FL-4 from the PEBLO saying to push with a full MEB you are eligible to apply for the ETP and begin SkillBridge. Your 180 day SkillBridge window starts once you receive the FL-4 according to HAF.

DAFI36-2670, 6.10.2.1.4.
Expect to be discharged or released from service within 180 days of starting participation in SkillBridge program. Exceptions to this rule will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. An example of a situation warranting an exception to policy would include members who are meeting a Medical Evaluation Board who do not yet have an established date of separation.

Hope this helps someone!

So I should have my case sent to DC by June i can start the skill bridge in July to like finish out the rest of the new EAS while I’m waiting? Also do you need to be approved by the company/business or job before apply for skill bridge.

I would submit it as soon as possible (when you get notified for a full MEB and the peblo sends your your FL4). Yes, you will still need a training plan with an approved company in AFVEC. You will submit the SkillBridge application like normal and the ETP separately through AFVEC (just scroll down on the left side menu and you will see it).

I would submit it as soon as possible (when you get notified for a full MEB and the peblo sends your your FL4). Yes, you will still need a training plan with an approved company in AFVEC. You will submit the SkillBridge application like normal and the ETP separately through AFVEC (just scroll down on the left side menu and you will see it).
Are you able to send me the ETP template

I have a question regarding Skillbridge. I already have an approved Skillbridge program and I am just trying to submit the application in AFVEC, but it keeps saying my DOS must be within 180 days. How do I change that?

Are you able to send me the ETP template
The ETP isn't a template. It is just a digital request through AFVEC on the left hand side in the menu. You will see an option to click it and initiate one.

I have a question regarding Skillbridge. I already have an approved Skillbridge program and I am just trying to submit the application in AFVEC, but it keeps saying my DOS must be within 180 days. How do I change that?
you will need to send your FL-4 (you can get a copy from your PEBLO) and send it to the education office so they can adjust your dates. you will then need to request the ETP (Exception to Policy) through AFVEC as well. Once it is all approved you can submit the application in AFVEC like normal.

My education office told me the FL-4 is what tells them you have 180 until you separate since that is the estimated timeline for MEB.

you will need to send your FL-4 (you can get a copy from your PEBLO) and send it to the education office so they can adjust your dates. you will then need to request the ETP (Exception to Policy) through AFVEC as well. Once it is all approved you can submit the application in AFVEC like normal.

My education office told me the FL-4 is what tells them you have 180 until you separate since that is the estimated timeline for MEB.
Thank you!

Hello, I have another question regarding skillbridge. How many days of terminal leave did you put when you submitted your application? Did you include your out-processing and house hunting time as well in your terminal leave? And do you have to update to the finance office when your skillbridge gets approved by your commander?

According to my FL4, my temporary DOS is November 15th. My approved Skillbridge program starts on the 25th of September so I can only do Skillbridge for like 52 days. I am wondering how that is going to change after I receive my official DOS.

***Update:

11 Nov 22 – Verbally told by PCM I was going to be submitted for an MEB after official diagnosis

25 Jan 23 – NARSUM Complete // CC Impact Statement had to be resigned by CC confirming no changes because of wait on the NARSUM

27 Mar-05 Apr – complete ¾ exams and working with MSC to schedule the final appointment. Being told it will be at least a month wait to get a date…

30 June - Final exam comleted

08 Aug - Signed/submitted AF 618 with PEBLO

11 Aug - FSS notification recieved

28 Aug - Reached out to MSC and found out my VA claim is in the "proposed rating" stage

Does anyone know how many more stages there are for the VA claim? It sounds like it should be towards the end of the process?...fingers crossed!

***Update:

30 June - Final exam comleted

08 Aug - Signed/submitted AF 618 with PEBLO

11 Aug - FSS notification recieved

01 Sep - VA Case Closed

05 Sep- MyFSS email that my findings/ratings are complete, PEBLO should be reaching out to me to go over findings

Question regarding you process. I was approved for SkillBridge and my MEB package should be headed to higher Air Force for review this week. I am trying to figure out how TMO picks up your household goods if we do not get orders until we get a percentage decision. Did anyone do this? I thought about the PTDY for SkillBridge would be enough but they say they require actual orders. I would hate to have to pack up my stuff and put it in storage to wait for orders just so they can finally go pick up my stuff.

Question regarding you process. I was approved for SkillBridge and my MEB package should be headed to higher Air Force for review this week. I am trying to figure out how TMO picks up your household goods if we do not get orders until we get a percentage decision. Did anyone do this? I thought about the PTDY for SkillBridge would be enough but they say they require actual orders. I would hate to have to pack up my stuff and put it in storage to wait for orders just so they can finally go pick up my stuff.

I was told part of the ETP and approval was based on the agreement I stayed in the local area for skillbridge (or do remote) until my MEB was complete, so I do not have experience with this.
You still need to be able to get with the PEBLO etc. I would check with your PEBLO and see what they think and also maybe ask TMO if the ETP would suffice to get you moved if allowed by Education office/PEBLO/Your leadership?

I was told part of the ETP and approval was based on the agreement I stayed in the local area for skillbridge (or do remote) until my MEB was complete, so I do not have experience with this.
You still need to be able to get with the PEBLO etc. I would check with your PEBLO and see what they think and also maybe ask TMO if the ETP would suffice to get you moved if allowed by Education office/PEBLO/Your leadership?
Thank you for the information. When I submitted my ETP, I stated the information that I would be out of the state. I also attached an email from the PEBLO stating they were okay with be doing skillbridge out of state as long as I had access to a computer with a CAC reader. I talked to TMO to see if they would accept the 988 stating PTDY but i am the first in this situation at this base. Everyone just dismisses me due to lack of knowledge or experience in their own AFSC