2md opinion

Mikkomercado

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Good Day y'all

I'm currently waiting for my hard ratings (199) but i already know i got screwed over by the doctor during my c&p exam when she tried to measure with goniometer the flexion on lower back, so i barely moved 15-25 degrees but on my dbq results it says my flexion is 60 degrees.

My peblo told me the only way to correct this is to get checked at by someone officially and use it as evidence whenever i submit my varr.

Should my pcm give me a referral from an ortho to get my LBP ROM measured again? I'm asking because when i tried to talk to him about it he was reluctant at first saying they don't do that then few days later after i left a call saying he's the only one that can help me with this he then issued a referral but still waiting to get approved by the orthopedic. Asking for some guidance here not sure if in doing it right.

Thanks

Good Day y'all

I'm currently waiting for my hard ratings (199) but i already know i got screwed over by the doctor during my c&p exam when she tried to measure with goniometer the flexion on lower back, so i barely moved 15-25 degrees but on my dbq results it says my flexion is 60 degrees.

My peblo told me the only way to correct this is to get checked at by someone officially and use it as evidence whenever i submit my varr.

Should my pcm give me a referral from an ortho to get my LBP ROM measured again? I'm asking because when i tried to talk to him about it he was reluctant at first saying they don't do that then few days later after i left a call saying he's the only one that can help me with this he then issued a referral but still waiting to get approved by the orthopedic. Asking for some guidance here not sure if in doing it right.

Thanks
It might be too late depending on how long the exam was but you can request a new exam. If that doesn't happen you can get a different doctor to do the flexion that shows 15-25 degrees you can upload that as evidence to the VA and include VA Form 21-4138 which is a statement in support of claim form. On the form state respectfully the QTC Dr. incorrectly put 60 degrees flexion when it should have been xxx. You might even state something like even though the QTC doctor was nice she didn't seem to know how to do the test....

PEBLO's are terrible at giving advice throughout the process because they are basically paper pushers. They only know the next steps. and not how to best support a claim. Don't wait for a VARR.

It might be too late depending on how long the exam was but you can request a new exam. If that doesn't happen you can get a different doctor to do the flexion that shows 15-25 degrees you can upload that as evidence to the VA and include VA Form 21-4138 which is a statement in support of claim form. On the form state respectfully the QTC Dr. incorrectly put 60 degrees flexion when it should have been xxx. You might even state something like even though the QTC doctor was nice she didn't seem to know how to do the test....

PEBLO's are terrible at giving advice throughout the process because they are basically paper pushers. They only know the next steps. and not how to best support a claim. Don't wait for a VARR.
So you're saying you can still do something to help the VA decide the ratings and not just based it from the DBQ exam result, correct?

My peblo told me there's nothing i can do from this point and varr would be my next step whenever i get my 199 back. Thanks for the advice! I'll follow this.

So you're saying you can still do something to help the VA decide the ratings and not just based it from the DBQ exam result, correct?

My peblo told me there's nothing i can do from this point and varr would be my next step whenever i get my 199 back. Thanks for the advice! I'll follow this.
It's too late if the VA has already given it a proposed rating. So you may have to do the VARR route...

Okay gotcha! My real concern here is finding a doctor (ortho) to actually exam me and get his 2nd opinion. I talked to my PCM about it and asking to get a referral but it seems like he never done it before which is why is taking too long. Is this the only way?

If it's incorrect yes that's the only way. It'd be hard to get anything changed without another doctor saying something different.

If it's incorrect yes that's the only way. It'd be hard to get anything changed without another doctor saying something different.
Hey update on my case. The ortho clinic denied the referral that my provider gave me. Is there other way that i can see a doctor and get my back check?

Hey update on my case. The ortho clinic denied the referral that my provider gave me. Is there other way that i can see a doctor and get my back check?
I would ombudsman, patient advocate & your IDES attorney. You should have the right to a 2nd opinion for your ROM or to challenge the exam and request your ROM to be measured by a competent Dr. Be respectful but firm. Fight for your rights. As a last resort I would pay out of pocket for a Civilian Dr. to do it but that should not be the case. The military should allow you to seek a 2nd opinion especially when QTC messed up the exam.

I would ombudsman, patient advocate & your IDES attorney. You should have the right to a 2nd opinion for your ROM or to challenge the exam and request your ROM to be measured by a competent Dr. Be respectful but firm. Fight for your rights. As a last resort I would pay out of pocket for a Civilian Dr. to do it but that should not be the case. The military should allow you to seek a 2nd opinion especially when QTC messed up the exam.
Okay thanks again :)

I meant to say at the beginning.... "I would contact a: