3EPR/Redline Stripe/MEB

DM5000

Registered Member
Hello all,

I was hoping someone could take the time to read about my situation and see if everything sounds legit. Somewhere along the line, I believe something went wrong. Here's the timeline.

Moved to 2nd duty station
Failed 3 PT tests (Line # taken away)
Deployed. Failed 4th PT test
Returned home. Referral EPR (3)
Referred to medical (MEB started)
Coded "C" returned to Duty
Continued going to appointments to find out what was wrong
Medical issues found by civilian doctor (military doc agreed)
Put on permanent profile
Then that's it...

I keep wondering since it was deemed a legit medical issue, should I have gotten the 3 EPR? Is there any chance to test again and have the test scored with the previous testing cycle? Does the medical "justification" do anything good for all this punishment? Maybe an amendment to the prior EPR. What should have happened after it was deemed a medical issue? Never failed a test nor have I ever had any problems with PT until I PCS'd and it was hard to breath (enviormental).

The end goal here is for the 3 to go away, and to finally put on that stripe. This has been a 3 year process.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read this.​

Psmith454

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Have a current SSgt prior TSgt coworker going through the same thing. He got a MFR from his PCM- That his last 3 Failed PFT were due to a pre exst medical condition that prevented him from passing his PFT. CC said, "oh thats nice..." SSgt took MFR to ADC, his documentation is now at SECDEF for them to over turn the failures and possibly get this TSgt stripe back.

Did that help?

DM5000

Registered Member
Have a current SSgt prior TSgt coworker going through the same thing. He got a MFR from his PCM- That his last 3 Failed PFT were due to a pre exst medical condition that prevented him from passing his PFT. CC said, "oh thats nice..." SSgt took MFR to ADC, his documentation is now at SECDEF for them to over turn the failures and possibly get this TSgt stripe back.

Did that help?
Thanks for the reply! I just requested to speak with my PCM to see if he can type me up and MFR. I'll contact the ADC when and if I get this done. The SECDEF? That's crazy!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">