4 unfit conditions, do they all “pyramid” into 1?

BrokenArrow86

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I am just trying to get a sense of what to expect, as of right now I think I am on the line of 20/30/40% depending on how my PEB votes.

I have the following unfit conditions. Just looking to see if anyone else has had similar and how it went.

1. Lumbar radiculopathy, left
2. Degenerative arthritis of the lumbar spine
3. Lumbar spinal stenosis
4. Spondylolisthesis of the lumbar spine

Lumbar ROM results:
Forward flex: 30°
Extension: 5°
RT lateral flex: 15°
Lt lateral flex: 5°
Rt lateral rotation: 5°
Lt lateral rotation: 5°

Feel free to share your thoughts, predictions, or experience.

Last edited:
Perhaps two.

Those ROMs are tight! Your lower back must be stiff as a board. You definitely won't get 4 separate ratings, but with any luck you might get Degenerative Disk Disease and Spondylolistheses. Based on those ROMs, you might pull out a 30 percent DOD rating.

I have similar claims and I've been told the radiculopathy, arthritis, and spondylolisthesis are assigned separate ratings. I am still waiting on mine to come back, but this is what legal advised me and what another SM received last month as well.

I have similar claims and I've been told the radiculopathy, arthritis, and spondylolisthesis are assigned separate ratings. I am still waiting on mine to come back, but this is what legal advised me and what another SM received last month as well.
Thanks for the feedback! Good luck on your rating!

Just started the process and my ROMs and issues are very close to yours.
Please keep us informed of your process.

Just got my 199 today: 40% back, 20% radiculopathy = 52.5%
Those are the two I predicted. ROM catches three contention as back. The radiating pain is rated as a nerve group.