45 days at the VA and counting

USAFEOD

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Called the Rhode Island number at 30 days and again today (45 days)....package hasn't even been looked at yet....Par for the course with all of my MEB experiences so far. Meanwhile a job on the outside awaits, and I feel like an idiot giving approximate timelines that keep getting busted. Im over this process.

Reactions: 91B
This is definitely where the rubber meets the road for acceptance. I signed a job offer in another state with a tentative start date, and they do not understand the military at all (nor should they)

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Had I NOT found a job, I'm sure that I would have had my percentages and orders in 72 hours or something ridiculous, and ended up in my parents basement at 42. :)

Here's hoping the process keeps on a-moving!

I'm in the same boat as you. I signed an offer for a Job in Maryland and told them my tentative start date is January. The peblo and VA keep telling me I'll be on terminal in October, but I have no more faith in the system. I do have faith it will take longer then they said, so I've tacked on two months of comfort room.

I'm in the same boat as you. I signed an offer for a Job in Maryland and told them my tentative start date is January. The peblo and VA keep telling me I'll be on terminal in October, but I have no more faith in the system. I do have faith it will take longer then they said, so I've tacked on two months of comfort room.

I gave them a WAY overly ambitious start date of 17 September. Lol. While they assured me they would wait, I need to make this wildly uncomfortable phone call and tell them I need to move my start date to something much more reasonable. I check the ebenefits tracker like it's a hit of crack... but I'm trying to practice some acceptance

I'm glad you gave them a date with plenty of breathing room. Makes the anxiety a *little* less, I hope

Finally at Pending Decision approval. Called Rhode Island office, verified fax number told them I was going to submit FOIA request.....no need to submit FOIA, they told me that although not final, I am rated 100% (VA of course). Looks like it will be sent off to DoD for ratings soon and then to PEBLO. Either way, I am greatly relieved to have an answer. I believe that calling Rhode Island was a catalyst to getting the package addressed....it hadn't moved until I called about it last week and they said they'd send a message to the "coach" about surpassing the 45 day mark. When I called today, they read the timeline notes that included the message being sent to the coach....this tells me the message was actually sent.

Finally at Pending Decision approval. Called Rhode Island office, verified fax number told them I was going to submit FOIA request.....no need to submit FOIA, they told me that although not final, I am rated 100% (VA of course). Looks like it will be sent off to DoD for ratings soon and then to PEBLO. Either way, I am greatly relieved to have an answer. I believe that calling Rhode Island was a catalyst to getting the package addressed....it hadn't moved until I called about it last week and they said they'd send a message to the "coach" about surpassing the 45 day mark. When I called today, they read the timeline notes that included the message being sent to the coach....this tells me the message was actually sent.

That’s great news for you. I’m sorry it took you so long to get word, and I’m glad your message made it through.

I think I’m going to try and find a phone number for Seattle. The normal VA hotline hadn’t given me any additional info than vets.gov. And it’s been “pending decision” on ebenefits for over a month

Now I'm starting to get nervous. Fortunately, the company that I signed a job offer with (reluctantly) moved my start date to 1 November. I just spoke to my PEBLO. Cases that he submitted to the VA in Seattle *after* mine have come back.

I don't mind being stuck in the traffic jam, it's just when I start to get left behind that I grow concerned. No movement in ebenefits or vets.gov, and nothing from calling the VA hotline. Definitely frustrating to not be able to speak to the person that is holding my life in their hands.

Now I'm starting to get nervous. Fortunately, the company that I signed a job offer with (reluctantly) moved my start date to 1 November. I just spoke to my PEBLO. Cases that he submitted to the VA in Seattle *after* mine have come back.

I don't mind being stuck in the traffic jam, it's just when I start to get left behind that I grow concerned. No movement in ebenefits or vets.gov, and nothing from calling the VA hotline. Definitely frustrating to not be able to speak to the person that is holding my life in their hands.
How did you find out that your stuff was sent to Seattle? Is that something your peblo told you?

The VA processes IDES request by branch of service at different places.

There are two offices, one is Rhode Island the other is in the NW (Washington I believe). Rhode Island processes all services except the Army. The Army is processed at the other office.

Finally received my ratings yesterday. 80% DoD/100% VA. Here's the kicker.....the VA rating is permanent and total, yet the DoD wants to put me on TDRL??? I've been in treatment since 2013 and have received the maximum amount of treatment possible, hence the MEB...why the TDRL?

Sounds like one of your referred conditions is MH related. It’s mandatory that if you have a referred MH condition, you will initially be placed on TDRL. I believe it’s in one of the CFRs maybe?

Called the Rhode Island number at 30 days and again today (45 days)....package hasn't even been looked at yet....Par for the course with all of my MEB experiences so far. Meanwhile a job on the outside awaits, and I feel like an idiot giving approximate timelines that keep getting busted. Im over this process.
Do you still have the number? I can’t seem to find it

So you ratings are taking long too i assume?

You happen to have the number you called? Im a. Couple days sgt of 2 months now waiting on mine.

You happen to have the number you called? Im a. Couple days sgt of 2 months now waiting on mine.
Call after 7 to the main VA line. Just ask if they sent the ratings letter to afpc. I'd guess they have. Afpc is running behind from what my peblo has told me. Va sent my letter to them on November 4th. Afpc says they didnt get it until the 14th. Still waiting for ratings though.