A Few questions.

49ersfan

Registered Member

I have a few questions that everyone seems to give me a different answer. Ok here is the history of my situation. AC separation with surgery right shoulder '04 two months light duty, AC separation with surgery left shoulder 1 year limited duty. From 2005-present I have been waived from 7 PRT's. Have medical appointments stating I am in pain in my right shoulder. January 2010 have surgery right shoulder for a complete rotator cuff tear. Placed on second limited duty in March-Septemeber 2010. Left shoulder is also being look at also now. Civilian doc who did shoulder I am a year away from recovery because of the minor setbacks with recovery right shoulder. I was told by 4 Navy Doctors that I am going to Med board. Get to SD, no med board? What am I looking at? Just looking for more answer that sound like common sense, not crap from someone protecting the Navy. Thanks for the help....Can do my job cause I am a MA. I have 9 1/2 years in EASO Next year.

49ersfan,

Seems there are two questions here: what will happen to you and what should happen.

What will happen is hard to say. Are you off of LIMDU? If so, and you want to continue to serve and the doctors are not pushing for you to have an MEB, then it sounds like you won't have one.

What should happen is that after two periods of LIMDU, if you are not returned to duty, or if you have a condition that fails retention standards, then you should go to MEB. However, you state you can do your job, so it seems to me you are likely fit. If so, if you go to the PEB, it won't matter.

What do you want to have happen?