About to come off TDRL

chief040102

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
First, I wish I had found this site 5 years ago. Anyway I've been on the TDRL since 2007 and I will go into a non-pay status in March 2012 and I've been told that a new medical board will be conducted to close my case. That 03/12 date is coming up soon and I have heard nothing. So, my question is, does anyone know how long it takes from going into a non-pay status on the TDRL and getting a final decision? Any insight will be appreciated.

confuzed

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Curious on how this is going to pan out, the OP states he was in the old LEGACY DES program in 2007 and now is insinuating that he will under-go and partake in the new IDES program. How does this work out being he was TDRL in 2007 and now has to do this?

chief040102

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I re-read the letter that I got from the Coast Guard and I was incorrect to say that I was about to come off the TDRL. The letter states that I will have been on the TDRL for 5 years and that in March I will continue to be on the TDRL but in a non-pay status untill my case has been resolved by a medical board. But the question still stands as does anyone know how long this will take?

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
It is always hard to guess how long board processes will take. That said, my experience has been that Coast Guard cases are generally very slow (sometimes glacial). I had one case where it took about 3-4 months to get a PEB decision, but the case basically stayed in limbo for about a year while the board made various administrative corrections and then, after having taken so long, asked my client to refile his acceptance of the outcome. This is not meant to cause you stress or extra anxiety, and this extreme example should not be taken to mean that this is what will happen to you. Just be prepared for the possibility of lengthy delay. That said, it could go the other way and happen relatively fast- which leads back to the point in my first sentence; hard to guess.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">