Accepted findings today.

Jessica D.

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
So, for those who haven't been following, I began my board in May 2012 for degenerative disc disease, cauda equina syndrome. Anyways, I accepted my findings this afternoon.

60% DOD
80% VA
TDRL

My last day is November 30th.
I don't know where I'd be without this site. I have learned more from you guys than any of the people who are part of the "system", and I want to thank everyone for all of the assistance.

usafaviator

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Congrats! Hope you continue to hang out here after you retire...the more experience we have here the better it is for everybody!

grizz13

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I agree, too many people just stop on this site after they seperate...

Wishing Well

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Congratulations!!! I should be accepting my findings on Wednesday after legal reviews them. Almost done!!!

TSgt Twitch

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
I am glad you got there, TDRL sucks a little IMHO, but atleast there is a doctor somewhere saying you might improve, which is really important.

green594

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Jessica- congratulations- sorry i missed your post ealier. Can you give us a breakdown on the rating. % DDD lower lumbar, % radiculopathy.
Thanks
Green

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Congrats on a well earned retirement! Glad we helped, too!

smacinnes40

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
just curious, why TDRL is you have back issues. Does not make sense. You would think anything that will not get better unless surgery would be PDRL.

Joshua Wyatt

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Wow, you're lucky, I accepted my findings 4 weeks ago and still haven't found out what my last day is.

Coxypox

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
thats awesome! so your last day is nov 30th, is that your last day working in uniform before you use leave? or is that your final day of leave, when your DD214 is final? I am hoping to be signing out on leave before thanksgiving, and my ebenefits is at pending decision approval so idk if it will happen. Worst case i'd like to be signing out on leave before xmas exodus.

Jessica D.

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
thats awesome! so your last day is nov 30th, is that your last day working in uniform before you use leave? or is that your final day of leave, when your DD214 is final? I am hoping to be signing out on leave before thanksgiving, and my ebenefits is at pending decision approval so idk if it will happen. Worst case i'd like to be signing out on leave before xmas exodus.
That's my final day-period. I have to have my leave taken before then.

bjlove

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
So, for those who haven't been following, I began my board in May 2012 for degenerative disc disease, cauda equina syndrome. Anyways, I accepted my findings this afternoon.

60% DOD
80% VA
TDRL

I don't know where I'd be without this site. I have learned more from you guys than any of the people who are part of the "system", and I want to thank everyone for all of the assistance.

60% DOD
80% VA
TDRL

bjlove

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Jessica,

I am new to this site and I just happen to see your post. I have the exact same conditions as you but I have not been in the process very long. I am in California and we have to go through fort lewis for the MEB/PEB process. It would be nice to get the same ratings that you have but I know that it depends on the doctors that you see. Congrats on everything and I wish you well on your future endeveaors.

PtDraco

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Congrats on your ratings and hope all turns out well with your TDRL!!

Draco

Jayson69

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member

60% DOD
80% VA
TDRL

Jessica, Congrats on your rating. Word of advice though, keep active on your issues with the Navy and VA. Keep Tricare and find you some good doctors on the Civilian side. Keep very good records.
Just because you are on TDRL, everything doesn't stop. Keep your Medical up because when it becomes time to be Re-Evaluated, you will need a good track record on appointments with all your doctors.
I have been told Soldiers have dropped going to doctors after they are out, and it has affected their cases when it came to TDRL Re-Evaluations. I am glad I kept going to the doctors (Army, VA, and Civilian Doctors)
I have a real strong case for my PDRL. Take care, and please keep us updated on your health. Thank You for your Service.

Jayson

SDVWer

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I've been following somewhat and am soooooo happy someone else has stuck it out and gotten what they deserve!!!!!!!.

I'm starting this whole process and going thru this process with my back FCKS me over anxiety/depression wise. I just want the surgery done, pain bearable and be done with the service so i can get on with my life.

I'll keep everyone posted on how this works out for me as well. 1 WEEK out for dual Synfix spinal surgery @ naval hospital balboa.
My pcm wanted to start a PEB/MEB without my surgery done. WTF?

anyways once again, congrats Jessica!!!

Jayson69

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I wouldn't do the MEB till you have the Surgery. They can't release you till all issues have been addressed. If they put you out before the surgery, you might be waiting a while on VA to do it.

tattoogirl1*

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
congrats on your findings...did they break down your two boarded items and tell you how they equaled 60%?

Dfree454

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Jessica I am dying to hear your ratings, if you are up to it. At least the spine portion! I am still gummed up in the process. We had a "huricane" and it pushed me back about 6-8 weeks. I am kinda put off that you were placed on Temp. and not Perm. disablity, and thoughts? Congrads! Enjoy your new life!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">