Accepted PEB findings also getting adseped

MA2rich

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
in October I was diagnosed with epilepsy. I also was diagnosed with depression. MEB, PEB, all that jazz

In March I was informed I was going to be ADSEPED for misconduct (serious offense) basically just disrespect and disobeying.

My neurologist spoke to the CO and informed her my actions were side effects of my medicine (keppra).

in April I received and accepted the PEB's findings: unfit, DOD 40%, VA 50%.

Now I'm waiting on my retirement orders. Command legal has been telling me both separations are running simultaneously, which ever comes back first is how I will be separated. Did I beat the clock? Since I accepted the PEB's findings will I be medically retired or can they still adsep me?

I have been in 5 years...

Also, just for fun, my neurologist told me he is treating 3 other Master At Arms from Bahrain (where I started having seizures).

Thanks for the help..

I believe you were misinformed. Both process run concurrently. Then both are looked at and a decision is made. You may want to get a letter from your neurologist that your conduct was a side effect of the medicine you are taking for your unfitting condition. The letter should be submitted to the decision authority as mitigation of the ADSEP in favor of retirement.